Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 AM

104 posts, read 108,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
How would you know a woman made more money than you before you pursued her?
On dating sites I can usually guess, based on what they are reading at university or when they just state their profession.

If I "accidently" started pursuing a more succesful woman, I'd stop in order to keep my dignity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 09:03 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor-jesus View Post
On dating sites I can usually guess, based on what they are reading at university or when they just state their profession.

If I "accidently" started pursuing a more succesful woman, I'd stop in order to keep my dignity.
Okay, I was with you until this post

Now you are being just silly and showing a bit of ignorance.

If you don't want a woman to judge you based on your income level it's hardly fair to judge any woman on hers

Old 07-01-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, I was with you until this post

Now you are being just silly and showing a bit of ignorance.

If you don't want a woman to judge you based on your income level it's hardly fair to judge any woman on hers
I don't mean to offend anyone. But I choose who I pursue or not even if my decision is just based on financial succes, I'm the one putting myself at risk. Not her.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 AM

I am of the oppinion that the one with more money/succes should do the pursuing. But thats not what I wanted to discuss in this thread, so that will be the final thing I say on the matter.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times
I don’t think there is a minimum set number that determines if you are good marriage material or not but pretty much as long as you earn more than the girl you are seeing. Women, generally speaking, are interested in men who are above their level or at the very least their own but not below. And there are exceptions as well of course.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, not all cities are created equal, lol.

Do your homework to make sure you are moving to a city that is not too expensive for your income level.
Well I would like to move to the NYC suburbs, New Jersey. If not that then maybe Philly.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:09 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,890 times
Quote:
I earn 48k per year, I could potentially earn more in the future like up to 55-60k... But I doub't anymore than that.

I am a blue collar worker, I am not the academic type. I went to community college to learn my trade(welding) so I do have some college experience although it was only 6 months. This is what I want to do. Am I succesful enough?

I would never pursue a more succesful woman who earns more money, but I do realise that blue collar working class guys are not as attractive for the average woman as a white collar office type worker. Just curious about womens view on this. What would you say is the minimum a man has to earn for you to be in a relationship with him?

And no, I'm not suggesting women only care about money. But I do realise that having a good job is important. And I'm not sure if mine qualifies as a good job in womens oppinion.
this is not meant personally, or as a jab, but this is the kinda thing I mean when I say people make life more complicated than it needs to be, & more complicated than it should be...

my POV on your topic: first, I don't see how or why a person's income level is relevant... if a person has a job they like & they pay their bills, in my opinion that's all there is to it.

second, though, the all-inclusive term 'relationship'-- my POV is if you're not married to someone or clearly heading in that direction, your income is none of their business.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:10 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Well I would like to move to the NYC suburbs, New Jersey. If not that then maybe Philly.

BIG mistake, you can't afford it there on your income.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:11 AM

252 posts, read 555,895 times
http://www.demodirt.com/index.php/wo...3-gold-diggers

Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
The minimum a guy has to earn is my respect. If you can also make me laugh and challenge me mentally - then you've got one foot in the door. If you are proud of what you do for a living and take pride in it - even better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships