Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,283,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Huh, something else I was just thinking IRT these levels. I'm sorry, but just because a guy is earning 60k and another 40-50k, does not mean the former is higher in level when considering likes with likes. Here's an interesting site that I just glanced, where blue collars are out-earning white collars
It all goes down to a guy being in a higher level which also includes making more than her. It is not hard to spot a guy who is making good money regardless of his job and a nice man who makes good money will always be more attractive to women than a nice man who makes less than her. Same reason why women say they want a man who shows he can provide, offer security, etc. And yes, there are exceptions of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,543,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It all goes down to a guy being in a higher level which also includes making more than her. It is not hard to spot a guy who is making good money regardless of his job and a nice man who makes good money will always be more attractive to women than a nice man who makes less than her. Same reason why women say they want a man who shows he can provide, offer security, etc. And yes, there are exceptions of course.
Higher level? - that looks like something out of the caste system.

My husband is an exceptionally talented man. I make more money because I had the opportunity of a good education and was fortunate to find the right job for my skills (mostly due to his ability to find good jobs for me).

I think you would perceive me as being a higher level than him! That's hogwash.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Sorry, not familiar with that - is that the Kramer from Seinfeld?
In jest that's possible, but I'm referring to a previous CD member. He'd go on about real work only being comprised of using muscles. eta: No, any and all muscles, but the brain muscle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I addressed this well enough in the other thread. You know I don't agree. But, for the sake of argument...if you have two clones and one earns 80k/yr and other earns 60k/yr, then sure. 99.99% of women will probably choose the former; providing there aren't weird control issues involved, which is another matter. Of course, cloning technology has a way to go, so it's moot.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
if you have two clones and one earns 80k/yr and other earns 60k/yr, then sure. 99.99% of women will probably choose the former
With ALL other things being absolutely equal, I agree with you.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
With ALL other things being absolutely equal, I agree with you.
Well, there you go. With all sci-fi parameters taken under consideration, we've reached a consensus!

J/K and having a bit of fun, Chino.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:16 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,413,575 times
Quote:
Huh, something else I was just thinking IRT these levels. I'm sorry, but just because a guy is earning 60k and another 40-50k, does not mean the former is higher in level when considering likes with likes. Here's an interesting site that I just glanced, where blue collars are out-earning white collars.

So, for example, do really think a female scientist, any and all female scientists, would prefer a blue collar guy earning 70k over a male scientist earning 50k? With things like looks being equal? I can't imagine that being the case for most women. On that end, I'll say you're wrong.
I think that's been true for a long time. A skilled blue collar worker is always going to make more than a lot of people who fill the cubicles at a bank or office. Those guys have as much education and experience in their fields as good engineers, doctors or any similar professional. I don't mean "laborers" or other low-skilled workers.

But unless they have a business, I doubt a guy in the trades can make as much as a high-level white collar employee. But yep, they can easily beat a lot of low level white-collar workers. I did meet a guy who made 200K a year in one of my lead paint training classes. But would I date him? No. An unrefined guy with no education is kind of a no no.

I personally am one of those people who would be happy with a guy earning less as long as he had more education. If he earned less and had the same or less education, I would have a difficult time. Not that the more educated guy is better or nicer, but I can't get past that barrier. Money is not as important.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I personally am one of those people who would be happy with a guy earning less as long as he had more education. If he earned less and had the same or less education, I would have a difficult time.
I used to think that way. Now, I realize that education and intelligence can be mutually exclusive. I'd rather hang out with intelligent or insightful people rather than educated people.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:20 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,314,413 times
I think what you are earning is fine for most other blue collar workers and some white collar workers. For me my minimum is 70-80k with upward mobility to 100+. That is only because I would like to make 300-500 in the future and I need to find somebody who isn't going to gold dig me. And it's expensive here, you can't comfortably support a family for less than a 6 figure income. In case I am incapacitated I need some security.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,413,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
I used to think that way. Now, I realize that education and intelligence can be mutually exclusive. I'd rather hang out with intelligent or insightful people rather than educated people.
To each his own, I guess. But awww you must have fallen in love.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:38 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,086,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I think what you are earning is fine for most other blue collar workers and some white collar workers. For me my minimum is 70-80k with upward mobility to 100+. That is only because I would like to make 300-500 in the future and I need to find somebody who isn't going to gold dig me. And it's expensive here, you can't comfortably support a family for less than a 6 figure income. In case I am incapacitated I need some security.
I'm confused. I read where you said you were married. You also implied you're female, but you have a male symbol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships