Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I find it funny that everyone thinks the other gender has it so much better.
I think it's hilarious that a 19 year old girl who's hardly dated thinks going out to meet prospective dates is the "old fashioned way"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Am I better off meeting someone the old fashioned way (e.g. Work, friends, etc.)?
People who sit on their fannies all day long in front of a computer either chatting or trying to hook up in cyberspace end up with big bums and flab. Much healthier to get outside, breathe the air and, yes, meet people "the old fashioned way"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I think it's hilarious that a 19 year old girl who's hardly dated thinks going out to meet prospective dates is the "old fashioned way"!

People who sit on their fannies all day long in front of a computer either chatting or trying to hook up in cyberspace end up with big bums and flab. Much healthier to get outside, breathe the air and, yes, meet people "the old fashioned way"!
(Referencing sections above) Awe, c'mon now STT, have a lil more compassion on MoonPrincess here, ya know?? Weren't you ever that age, as well? None of us at that age are super-familiar with the rules of dating...it takes time for anyone to become savvy with that Also you may be forgetting that it's summer and so she likely has a lot more time available currently, to be on the computer. It doesn't have to be mutually-exclusive, either -- she has the time luxury of both dating IRL and spending time on her computer to hang out on C-D, etc. if she wants, atm.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Thanx knight!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:17 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Well I was looking on Plenty of Fish yesterday (got bored and curious) to see what kind of guys they have, and man, I sure found a very cute guy (I liked most of the stuff he wrote down too)...But too bad he was extremely tall. Not into extremely tall guys. I notices that a lot of guys on plenty of fish say awesome a lot.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:

I find it funny you feel the need to bash me for sitting on my bum when you're doing the same thing. Shouldn't you be outside breathing that fresh air too?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I find it funny you feel the need to bash me for sitting on my bum when you're doing the same thing. Shouldn't you be outside breathing that fresh air too?
I was not bashing you personally, simply using your post as as an example of how quickly something that, during one's lifetime and for donkey's years beforehand has been taken as the "norm", so quickly becomes "old fashioned" - which I simply found wryly amusing. I find it oddly eerie that there are obviously so many people these days who are actually incapable of interacting with others in the real world and channel everything through cyberspace. Again, this is not a personal dig at you, simply an observation of something I find a bit disturbing.

Everybody is of course entitled to his or her opinions and that's what a forum is all about. However, a cyberspace forum should not, in my opinion, override either face to face conversation or debates. In some respects this whole online dating scene has become way out of whack. If the shoe fits, wear it!

I'm simply advocating in general that those who find themselves tied to the screen where their social relationships are concerned need to take a step back. Life in the real world continues to roll along as it always has, people still go out and socialize with other people, make friends and all that "stuff" and (and here's a personal one just for you) CancerianMoonPrincess, I really am concerned that at 19 years old you're posting average on CD alone is close to 30 per day. You're not yet even in the prime of your life and, in my opinion, should be out there enjoying life in general instead of creating thread after thread of what I can only see as exploratory questions related to relationship subjects which you can learn about just by getting out there and doing!

I've often thought that if forums such as this were available when I was growing up, I might have been saved from or at least relieved of much of the trauma I've experienced. Who knows. But then I might not have turned out the way I am today, for better or for worse. No doubt I'm feisty and opinionated but I've learned from that School of Hard Knocks.

As far as my sitting on my 65 year old bum is concerned, I did an invigorating and rather exhausting hour's yard work this morning before it became too hot; the breeze and fresh air is coming in through the open back door right next to my computer desk; and I'm popping onto the computer in between cooking two turkeys, a beef curry, two apple pies, a blueberry crumble with, still to come, all the trimmings and veggies to ensure that tonight's dinner menu at my restaurant will be complete; and now to vacuum and dust, get the tables set up and everything else which fills up my four 18 hour working days!

Take care.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I was not bashing you personally, simply using your post as as an example of how quickly something that, during one's lifetime and for donkey's years beforehand has been taken as the "norm", so quickly becomes "old fashioned" - which I simply found wryly amusing. I find it oddly eerie that there are obviously so many people these days who are actually incapable of interacting with others in the real world and channel everything through cyberspace. Again, this is not a personal dig at you, simply an observation of something I find a bit disturbing.

Everybody is of course entitled to his or her opinions and that's what a forum is all about. However, a cyberspace forum should not, in my opinion, override either face to face conversation or debates. In some respects this whole online dating scene has become way out of whack. If the shoe fits, wear it!

I'm simply advocating in general that those who find themselves tied to the screen where their social relationships are concerned need to take a step back. Life in the real world continues to roll along as it always has, people still go out and socialize with other people, make friends and all that "stuff" and (and here's a personal one just for you) CancerianMoonPrincess, I really am concerned that at 19 years old you're posting average on CD alone is close to 30 per day. You're not yet even in the prime of your life and, in my opinion, should be out there enjoying life in general instead of creating thread after thread of what I can only see as exploratory questions related to relationship subjects which you can learn about just by getting out there and doing!

I've often thought that if forums such as this were available when I was growing up, I might have been saved from or at least relieved of much of the trauma I've experienced. Who knows. But then I might not have turned out the way I am today, for better or for worse. No doubt I'm feisty and opinionated but I've learned from that School of Hard Knocks.

As far as my sitting on my 65 year old bum is concerned, I did an invigorating and rather exhausting hour's yard work this morning before it became too hot; the breeze and fresh air is coming in through the open back door right next to my computer desk; and I'm popping onto the computer in between cooking two turkeys, a beef curry, two apple pies, a blueberry crumble with, still to come, all the trimmings and veggies to ensure that tonight's dinner menu at my restaurant will be complete; and now to vacuum and dust, get the tables set up and everything else which fills up my four 18 hour working days!

Take care.
I see.

Well first off, I'm now 20 years old.

Second, what happened to live and let live? Who am I harming by posting that much. What's concerning to me is that you're actually following me. It's kind of stalkerish.

Third I was out almost all day yesterday and am going go karting later.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I see.

Well first off, I'm now 20 years old.

Second, what happened to live and let live? Who am I harming by posting that much. What's concerning to me is that you're actually following me. It's kind of stalkerish.

Third I was out almost all day yesterday and am going go karting later.
Congratulations on being 20. My bad for not following up! No harm except maybe to yourself which again came across in a general statement. Stalkerish? Sweetie, why on earth would a 65 year old woman with a very full life "stalk" a 20 year old? Replying to someone's posts is now "stalking" in NewSpeak? Good grief. You missed the point entirely. Back to work, doors soon to be opened. Lordly, Lordy!

Old 07-10-2011, 03:10 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
Oh Waaaaa Waaaaaaa. Pfffffft. This situation you find yourself in is WAY better than the one the gentleman you mocked just described. Even if anything "drops off in a few weeks", YOU STILL HAD THE POWER OF CHERRYPICKING! MUCH EASIER THAN SITTING AND CROSSING FINGERS!
Again...BS. You really think that women find "the" guy within a couple of weeks? Hell no they don't. The only "cherrypicking" is from those desperate guys (from here on CD probably) that instantly send a "wink" or silly cut and paste note to every new face they see. Pulleeeez. It takes LOTS of time...far more time that you seem to think it should. As I said...you get out of it exactly what you put into it.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:25 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Online dating stinks. All that anonymity allows for too much deception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships