Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,448,467 times

Advertisements

If you find such a guy, return him to me asap. I seem to have lost him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 PM

977 posts, read 1,816,617 times
Other than the p**** comment, I don't see anything wrong with what Ohio posted. I'm a good guy (well, I think I am) and I don't blush when people compliment me. I just say thank you.

And I agree with her that when looking for friends or an SO, you should be able to have debates, even somewhat heated ones, with that person. Because if all you do is agree with people, you're being phony.

The only thing I would disagree with her on is that someone who's quiet at first may not be shy and may be the type with whom one can have passionate debates. Sometimes quiet people just like to survey the scene first as to give them an edge.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 PM

193 posts, read 450,453 times
I had a more than year long crush on a guy like the OP described, except for the handsome part. He was just average-looking. These kinds of men are the ones I would love to be with. The macho, Alpha-male types don't do it for me. Anyway, I slowly pursued this guy for over a year. I tried it for that long because of the supposed shyness. And, anyway, I am just stupid. I finally gave up. The experience left me wondering if shy guys are worth all the work you have to do to get them to open up and trust that you do indeed like them.

Somebody might say that maybe this guy just wasn't into me. I could tell from our interactions that he likes me but I could also sense the fear/wobbliness in his voice and demeanor. And though in his late 30s/early 40s, he hasn't really had relationships. Maybe this was an extreme case.

Last edited by CocoTheNut; 07-08-2011 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,448,467 times
I think some people are imaging the OP is talking about a bumbling idiot, nerd, who never talks to people and is a total outcast.

That is not what the OP is talking about.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:33 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,817,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post
Ladies, would do you think about the very attractive but kind of shy guy?

I'm not talking about a loner, a guy scared to speak, socially awkward, boring, etc.

This hypothetical guy has a very nice personality--very sweet/genuine, great sense of humor, intelligence, modest, easy-going, friendly, wide array of interests:sports, film, etc. Fun guy and super easy to talk to...not really a "club" type of guy. Not a douchey player.

Someone who would blush and smile when you compliment his looks or something else about him.

What would you think? Is this type of guy common? Rare?
He's mine! I saw him first!

Actually I do know a man like that and he is gorgeous but unfortunately he's married. The thing that us women admire the most about him though is that either he has no idea how handsome he is or it just doesn't matter. I met his mother the other day and we got to tell her what we think of her son and it made her day.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,016,392 times
But here's the problem: If he's shy, chances are he won't ask you out. But women(in general) prefer the men to do the pursuing and the courting.

The shy guy may only do this process a few times in his life, if that, because he's just too shy.

If you want the shy type of man, the women need to do some pursuing before he will come around.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post
Ladies, would do you think about the very attractive but kind of shy guy?

I'm not talking about a loner, a guy scared to speak, socially awkward, boring, etc.

This hypothetical guy has a very nice personality--very sweet/genuine, great sense of humor, intelligence, modest, easy-going, friendly, wide array of interests:sports, film, etc. Fun guy and super easy to talk to...not really a "club" type of guy. Not a douchey player.

Someone who would blush and smile when you compliment his looks or something else about him.

What would you think? Is this type of guy common? Rare?
Nom. And that's all I have to say about that.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,042,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I think I would have a lot of fun bringing the wild and assertive side out of the type of guy that OP describes.
Double-nom with a side order of 2-minute delicious fantasy.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,016,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Double-nom with a side order of 2-minute delicious fantasy.
2 minute?! That's too fast!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 PM

48,564 posts, read 34,941,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Sorry. I like to be the only one with a vagina in the relationship.
Reminds me of a line from Scrubs:

Girl Doc: If I wanted to date a chick, trust me, I would. In the meantime if you need to share your feelings get a journal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships