Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Elaborate.
I just feel like "shy" and "blushing at a compliment" denotes "wimpy" to me, and I wouldn't even look for a wimp in a friend. I tend to look for qualities in men as I do as qualities for friend qualities. I want him to be able to firmly shake my father's hand when they meet and carry on a conversation and have opinions. I can't stand being agreed with all the time! And that' just what this type of guy feels like to me.

Like I said, only my opinions. More for the rest of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 06:15 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Ohiogrl22 has her own opinion so we should respect that whether we agree with her or not.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:16 PM

23 posts, read 71,081 times
By "blushes," I meant turning a bit red when someone tells you that you are very attractive to your face.

Kind of like being humble/modest.

That makes a guy a "p*ssy?"

Whatever.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:18 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I just feel like "shy" and "blushing at a compliment" denotes "wimpy" to me, and I wouldn't even look for a wimp in a friend. I tend to look for qualities in men as I do as qualities for friend qualities. I want him to be able to firmly shake my father's hand when they meet and carry on a conversation and have opinions. I can't stand being agreed with all the time! And that' just what this type of guy feels like to me.

Like I said, only my opinions. More for the rest of you.
If you'd just look beyond all things obvious, you would see that this preference has been subconsciously "programmed" and drilled into you, by society, prolly all the way from the time you were a young girl. "Assertive / Overconfident / C*cky" = good. "Shy / Nice / Soft-spoken / Soft-hearted" = bad. That's exactly what they *want* you to feel! So that you won't even think to question them, or dare to think differently...they want you blindly accept it as gospel. It's Orwellian doublespeak and dogma from the military-industrial complex.

I'm sorry friend, but you live in the "real" Matrix, with it's pre-set programming (figuratively speaking) <shakes head sadly>

Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM

406 posts, read 580,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Why are heated discussions drama? My ex and I would speak about politics and current events. It was great. I love a good debate.

For someone who's shy you talk a big talk behind a computer.

Meet me in person and we'll see who walks the walk. If anyone's talking big behind a computer, it's you. As someone that's shy, I find what you said to be extremely offensive. You'll never find someone of quality with your attitude.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Good Looking and quiet are the best kind of guys!!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:39 PM

406 posts, read 580,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Good Looking and quiet are the best kind of guys!!

*waves*

Old 07-08-2011, 06:44 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post
Ladies, would do you think about the very attractive but kind of shy guy?

I'm not talking about a loner, a guy scared to speak, socially awkward, boring, etc.

This hypothetical guy has a very nice personality--very sweet/genuine, great sense of humor, intelligence, modest, easy-going, friendly, wide array of interests:sports, film, etc. Fun guy and super easy to talk to...not really a "club" type of guy. Not a douchey player.

Someone who would blush and smile when you compliment his looks or something else about him.

What would you think? Is this type of guy common? Rare?
This describes me to a T!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:49 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
I tend to like women who show class and dont use the word pu**y to describe people who arent overly loud or agressive

Old 07-08-2011, 06:59 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I tend to like women who show class and dont use the word pu**y to describe people who arent overly loud or agressive
You have high standards, haha j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships