Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:47 PM

591 posts, read 867,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
Men are idiots when it comes to beauty. It is a very powerful stimulant and many men will do anything to score with a pretty woman.

It's up to the woman to learn how to keep those men at bay without being a total douche (although there are some men that refuse to take "no" for an answer).

Yes, we are lied to, abused, taken advantage of if we're nice, and pre-judged. Men automatically assume pretty women have slept with a bazillion men because they think we have more choices. Let me tell you something: initially, we have lots of choices. But if I had a dollar for every weekend I went without a date because QUALITY men were too chicken sh*t to come up to me and ask me out because they thought I was "out of their league", I'd never have to work again.

Not all pretty women are flakey, stupid, or rely solely on their looks to get what they want. Although I will say most do and are spoiled rotten until they turn 35. That's when they start seeing a plastic surgeon because they realize they have nothing else going for them other than what's on the outside.

I take it you think it's a man's job to ask out, and if so, then you have nobody to blame but yourself for being lonely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,097 times
I agree with lonely-blondegirl, being considered an "extremely beautiful girl" myself. Beauty is more of a curse than it is a blessing. Life can SEEM easier for someone who is considered very beautiful but i struggle with the same issue. The people that are in my life are not truly genuine. they come around just be seen also, or to gossip. Men tend to view you as an object and a sex symbol until you prove you're worth more. Because a woman is beautiful, they automatically assume, shes dumb, stuck-up, high-maintance, or not a nice person. there are alot of misconceptions when it comes to beautiful women. And when a woman is extremely beautiful, her "friends" tend to be false freinds who will find any reason to gossip constantly, other women envy and find ways to humiliate her or destroy her image... I have personally dealt with this most of my life, being that I am now in my 20's. before puberty, I was not considered attractive at all. So I have the best of both worlds. But I can say, when I was "unnattractive" as a child the friends that i had were truly genuine, and they are still my friends to this day.. The people that I meet these days, tend to have alterior motives with me. they are not interested in who i am as a person, yet they are only interested in my looks. Physical beauty doesnt last forever.. and when it all ages off, I will see whos truly genuine. which i am learning, very few people actually are..

Old 11-17-2011, 01:34 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,512,712 times
I never really cared for the best looking women. It's like "You're hot, so what? You're not the only hot girl in the world". Unfortunately, many lack self-esteem, which is even more of a turn off.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:40 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,681,223 times
Is
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I never really cared for the best looking women. It's like "You're hot, so what? You're not the only hot girl in the world". Unfortunately, many lack self-esteem, which is even more of a turn off.
But you give them a chance before immediately assuming that their looks are all they have, I hope!

Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,512,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Is

But you give them a chance before immediately assuming that their looks are all they have, I hope!

They'll get a chance, but they get the same treatment as the average looking girl. If you prove to have a good personality, you're in(at least temporarily). Looks alone is not going to do it. Sorry, but I'm not rewarding you or giving you special treatment just because you look good.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:15 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,681,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
They'll get a chance, but they get the same treatment as the average looking girl. If you prove to have a good personality, you're in(at least temporarily). Looks alone is not going to do it. Sorry, but I'm not rewarding you or giving you special treatment just because you look good.

Good, you shouldn't! The guy I've been seeing lately is pretty good looking. I'm not sure if he's aware of it, but he does get a lot of compliments. If a man who looked average but treated me better and had a nicer personality came along, I wouldn't stick with the hottie just because he's hot.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:23 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,994,645 times
all of these self-proclamations of beauty....frankly, I would be surprised if anyone on here is a seven and am doubtful there are any legit 8s in the house. you just don't see 8s or above out and about unless you live in a big city.

hot chicks have more options and can find men to take care of them--which does not equate to happiness, but it does remove many of life's subsistence problems.

however, as people only do what they have to, it retards other areas of development so really beautiful people can sometimes be messed up and useless for naught sans arm candy.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,866,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Most beautiful women are overrated.
So are those who aren't.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:52 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,317,088 times
they sure are, they even have it easier than their extremely good-looking male-counterparts, as in if a guy looked like Brad Pitt, but if the guy had no confidence, does not take charge or take control, is a follower instead of leaders, does not have good social skills or conversation skills, seriously, why do guys have to be successful in life in order to be successful with women? women don't have to be successful in life

Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,977,414 times
I've known some super beautiful women and many of them had issues because to an extent that's all they were. They used their looks to their advantage and when they starred to age and the next young thing came along and they became more and more invisible it's a sad sight.

It's kind of the same for a man who had money at one time.. My friend couldn't understand why the guys would drop her after sleeping with her a few times. She got mad at me when I told her they weren't sleeping with her they were just sleeping with her body.. They were only interested in the shell. I won't lie after a couple of drinks I gave it a shot a few times. Her: "No we are friends".. Then about 3 years later she wanted to hook up.. Me: Nope we are friends..life is funny at times..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships