Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 06:24 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,883,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
To me, it gets boring and you seem to be disinterested, so I start to look elsewhere.

Yes I'd rather you be more forward.
Didn't I read in another post that stated that is what men do??? If they act like they don't give a sh*t then the women chase the men?? Men can play the game but women can't?? Geez...

Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,023,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Didn't I read in another post that stated that is what men do??? If they act like they don't give a sh*t then the women chase the men?? Men can play the game but women can't?? Geez...
I don't know where you're coming from, but I sure as hell don't play stupid games. I certainly do flirt, which is something I do naturally, but I do not play games with women.

I like you as either a friend or something more. It's pretty cut and dry for me.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:49 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,766,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
The few women who've shown an interest in me were ones I wasn't attracted to and showed no romantic interest in, so I have to wonder if many women are just attracted by this disinterest for some reason. Some men swear by it as an actual method, but I don't pretend to understand it.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,206,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
I am notorious at playing hard to get with men that I'm interested in or are interested in me, but when I beat around the bush, men become disinterested. Why? Would you rather women be easy & forward?
The most reasonable technique:
When a girl plays hard to get, leave her alone to play with herself.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 PM

532 posts, read 1,271,881 times
Quote:
I am notorious at playing hard to get with men that I'm interested in or are interested in me, but when I beat around the bush, men become disinterested. Why? Would you rather women be easy & forward?
I think you're giving us men more credit than is due. I would wager that when you play hard to get most guys figure you're not interested and move on.

A good rule of thumb when trying to figure out the reason for any statement or action by a man just filter down to the lowest common denominator. We are simple folk and generally do or say what seems like a good idea at the time without associating any deeper meaning.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,502,218 times
Quote:
Boredom.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:19 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,405,682 times
Headache. I will need tons of Advil for that.

I read a post of yours, and you said you want to protect yourself and trust him before anything begins? Well, trust doesn't begin by playing around. Protecting yourself doesn't mean you treating him like a jerk either. Protecting yourself involves logic and good support from friendship.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:15 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,285,599 times
Quote:
There is a difference between keeping someone at arm's length while you learn about him, get to know him, and decide if he is a good man, and then there is playing games when you already know he is, just to put him through some paces.

The only value in the latter option is that when he leaves you, it confirms that he is smart, too.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,089,153 times
Why do I want some endless pain in the ass, when I can go to Asianbrides dot com and get me a Wendi?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:32 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,588,566 times
Quote:
YES.

You want to know why?
Because even women who don't think they "play hard" are plenty hard enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.