Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 04:36 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

I think the only way to tell, keep an objective mind and be observant.

Words matter little, actions will show a person's true nature. And people can only act for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 04:39 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
-Smooth talking
-Has women all around him
-Friendly with many women
-Cocky attitude
You just described Sean Connery.
Also Colin Farrell, Robert Downey Jr...

Old 08-06-2011, 09:41 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
You just described Sean Connery.
Also Colin Farrell, Robert Downey Jr...
What about Hugh Hefner?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:21 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
A player will act overly familiar with you.

Yes, they will move quickly and rachet things up to pull you in.

They will say the things you want to hear.

They will talk a lot about themselves and don't be surprised if they never
ask you anything about yourself.

But the game is to get you hooked. Once you are interested, they are onto the next one.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
My personal experiences wth players to include such following behaviors:

-Manipulative
-Smooth talking
-Pathologically lies about everything
-Physically aggressive/pushy
-Openly flirtatious with women, all of the time
-Brags about himself

I have witnessed this in both frat boys and middle-aged men alike.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Depends on the age... remember... it's all in the perspective thing.. LOL

An older man is a lot more skeptical... remember the "virtual" friendship thing is just beginning to trickle into the "boomer" babies realm. I'm not saying that there aren't some of us that started in its beginnings but I've always been a "techo geek"

Most "boomers" have family and people that are close friends. They are very guarded in who they accept as a friend on their facebook page due to lack of trust.. "identity" theft.... etc. I knew and have run across "seasoned" players.. and yes indeed the women definitely out number the men on their pages... 80% to 20% ... too funny... What are they thinking?? LOL ... I know I never asked to be their facebook "friend"... didn't want the others to have access to my page even though I moved on very fast.

I can recognize one now by a few of these lines...

"oh I might not be able to talk with you for a while, I'm very busy".. or "So much is going on in my life right now and I don't like it because it keeps me from you" (this is for sympathy)... my favorite.. "I've had to help a sick friend".. "They needed to help this sick friend build something in their home and it was a long drive so they had to stay a few days" 10 miles... GEEZ... yes born at night but not last night LOL>>>> roflmao

Watch the eyes... body language... the words are rehearsed.. the body will give it away
Ugh... I knew a player (one in his mid 40's) who's phone would always suddenly die, or his elderly dad would always call...and it was always at like 2:30 in the morning. And the family dog of 18 years drowned 3 times (sympathy ploy).

Old 08-07-2011, 08:55 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
I think I have my doubts regarding a new acquaintance (guy) who seems very affectionate lately. Attempt of physical contact (hands on my shoulders), whispering things in my ear (not romantic things) , nudges, winks, trying to be funny, suggestions (indirect) to go out, curiosity about my personal life... I am a bit confused, because something inside of me thinks that he is being honest and at the same time I have doubts about the honesty of his actions...Guys/girls ...what would be your experience on this matter??
Thanks
I reckon only time will tell, but, given our culture today that grooms young men and boys to be sexual Perranahs and Predators there is a very high chance that he has ulterior motives when it comes to you . But it is important to give men the benefit of the doubt I suppose...but dont toss caution to the wind --- be on guard and smart. Ive had a great deal of experience with such things being a Male , back when i was completely self absorbed and thought I was at the center of the Universe ... and Im so thankful that God has set me on a new and far better road in life .

Old 08-07-2011, 09:09 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
My personal experiences wth players to include such following behaviors:

-Manipulative
-Smooth talking
-Pathologically lies about everything
-Physically aggressive/pushy
-Openly flirtatious with women, all of the time
-Brags about himself

I have witnessed this in both frat boys and middle-aged men alike.
You just described all the stuff men hate about women...isn't that interesting?

OMG, they're women with penis's?

You know something, tons of women complain men don't talk, communicate enough.

Ever notice they always throw smooth talking in their complaint about players? hmmmmmmmm This one greatly irritates women who are non stop talkers. This guy talks!

They complain you don't talk enough to them, then when you try to talk more, you ALWAYS talk too much!

I'll never forget this blind fix up date I went on. I was warned, told she tends to dominate conversations. I might have said 75 words to her all night long. Always with the idea of simply asking her about herself and then sitting back as she unleashed 1000 word barrages. The next day the woman who fixed us up reported high marks extolled by my date to her. I was a brilliant conversationalist! Yeah, I simply went with her favorite thing, talking about herself.

Here's the basic rule of thumb. Go buy a counter. You can find them everywhere. They have two button ones so you can count 2 things at once. If you, as a male, say more than 15 percent of the words on a date, you will be perceived as talking too much. Don't believe me? Try it!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Disagree. The older you are the less likely you will have any interest in playing the game at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not necessarily... There are some seasoned players.

Men continue to "play the game" when they get positive reinforcement. Players are among the one who are getting that.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I reckon only time will tell, but, given our culture today that grooms young men and boys to be sexual Piranhas and Predators there is a very high chance that he has ulterior motives
Unless there is now a school out there training them, the "grooming" is from the attention that they get from young women and the lessons that they learn when they are successful at manipulating them. Very few young men, then or now, are groomed like this because very few have the physical attributes needed to attract and be able to successfully use women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships