Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times

Advertisements

All I know is that women find players attractive because those are the qualities they are looking for in a non player guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
I think I have my doubts regarding a new acquaintance (guy) who seems very affectionate lately. Attempt of physical contact (hands on my shoulders), whispering things in my ear (not romantic things) , nudges, winks, trying to be funny, suggestions (indirect) to go out, curiosity about my personal life... I am a bit confused, because something inside of me thinks that he is being honest and at the same time I have doubts about the honesty of his actions...Guys/girls ...what would be your experience on this matter??
Thanks
He sounds playful...or he sounds seductive, like a man who enjoys pursuing and conquering women. Talk to him. Let him know you want to know why he does those things. Is he attracted to you romantically? That's the only way you can tell for sure. If he wasn't trying to seduce you, he would be talking and acting differently around you. For one thing, he would be more interested in talking than touching. This would indicate that he is interested in you as a person, not as a fling.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 PM

86 posts, read 359,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
He sounds playful...or he sounds seductive, like a man who enjoys pursuing and conquering women. Talk to him. Let him know you want to know why he does those things. Is he attracted to you romantically? That's the only way you can tell for sure. If he wasn't trying to seduce you, he would be talking and acting differently around you. For one thing, he would be more interested in talking than touching. This would indicate that he is interested in you as a person, not as a fling.
And the last thing was him sending e-mails daily, always suggesting a date but not directly...for instance...do you frequently walk around X beach? or do you usually roller skate or something of the like. He is a very outdoortsy kind of guy and it seems that he wants me to like the things he likes, never asked me ..what do you do for fun or what do you like to do...I kind of answered in a humorous/ semi-sarcastic way and haven't heard of him in a few days... Did he get offended or is he testing the waters...to see if I show interest or if I am desperate to communicate with him??? No way...I don't know what his intention is..seriously

Old 08-12-2011, 12:54 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:

And the last thing was him sending e-mails daily, always suggesting a date but not directly...for instance...do you frequently walk around X beach? or do you usually roller skate or something of the like. He is a very outdoortsy kind of guy and it seems that he wants me to like the things he likes, never asked me ..what do you do for fun or what do you like to do...I kind of answered in a humorous/ semi-sarcastic way and haven't heard of him in a few days... Did he get offended or is he testing the waters...to see if I show interest or if I am desperate to communicate with him??? No way...I don't know what his intention is..seriously
Sounds like he realized you don't like him.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:34 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sounds like he realized you don't like him.
It could be but if he's a player, it will barely faze him and he'll be back in a few days like nothing happened. Or he'll move on. If he's not a player, it's possible that you really did hurt his feelings.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:44 AM

356 posts, read 830,009 times
Ahhh, players. They're everywhere. I've seen an unusually high amount of them here in Tampa. I've found that latin men are the best at this game.

As far as distinguishing between the two? Is he only interested in going out for drinks when he goes out on dates? = most likely a player. I found the best way to test in the beginning is to maybe like the 2nd or 3rd date to go somewhere quiet, semi-secluded, and see if he pushes for sex. Like a playground or something.

Any guy that can't keep it in his pants for that long probably isn't worth it anyways.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:29 PM

86 posts, read 359,501 times
Update: guy asked me out for lunch. I accepted but during the date he was not playful or flirty, but really serious. It seemed strange to me that he acted like a different person. Talked a lot about his life, asked me a few questions about mine and not too much eye contact either. Anyways, i received a second invite to the movies, but I did not feel real interest on the first date, so I asked him: are we seeing each other as friends? He replied: yes we are. I told him that if that is the case< i will not be interested in going out with him, but we could remain friendly. His texts stopped, no more e-mails.... I don't understand??? Guy showed interest of wanting to be more than friends, super flirty, then tells me we are seeing each other as friends, and then when i tell him I'm ok being just friends stops all communication??

Old 10-12-2011, 08:23 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Update: guy asked me out for lunch. I accepted but during the date he was not playful or flirty, but really serious. It seemed strange to me that he acted like a different person. Talked a lot about his life, asked me a few questions about mine and not too much eye contact either. Anyways, i received a second invite to the movies, but I did not feel real interest on the first date, so I asked him: are we seeing each other as friends? He replied: yes we are. I told him that if that is the case< i will not be interested in going out with him, but we could remain friendly. His texts stopped, no more e-mails.... I don't understand??? Guy showed interest of wanting to be more than friends, super flirty, then tells me we are seeing each other as friends, and then when i tell him I'm ok being just friends stops all communication??
Maybe he thought you were not serious and lost interest.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleTulip18 View Post
Ahhh, players. They're everywhere. I've seen an unusually high amount of them here in Tampa. I've found that latin men are the best at this game.

As far as distinguishing between the two? Is he only interested in going out for drinks when he goes out on dates? = most likely a player. I found the best way to test in the beginning is to maybe like the 2nd or 3rd date to go somewhere quiet, semi-secluded, and see if he pushes for sex. Like a playground or something.

Any guy that can't keep it in his pants for that long probably isn't worth it anyways.
What is it about Tampa that attracts them? This major player I know has moved there & also another guy that used to ask me out all the time also moved there....

Old 10-12-2011, 08:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
What is it about Tampa that attracts them? This major player I know has moved there & also another guy that used to ask me out all the time also moved there....
Tampa is a major city that has lots of attractions.

It also probably has a boomin' dating scene, which is prime for playas to hit it big.

Chitown has places, too, but it also gets really cold during the later months, which could also drive potential playas away.

I don't really know. I'm speaking in tongues I honestly haven't spoken before. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships