Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:08 PM

406 posts, read 580,920 times

Advertisements

I was on OKC and POF for a short time, and just wanted to share some advice to any of the females on CD that are on a site:

-Don't post a pic of you with another guy. I immediately ruled out those girls
-Don't say how you hate drama. Those that say that are the biggest drama queens.
-Don't say how you hate players. Those that say that are the ones that constantly fall for players.
-Don't post a novel under your bio. We're not reading all of it and it kills any mystery. Keep it short and sweet.
-If you intend to message a guy, no corny lines. I once got a message that said "When God created you, he was showing off". Please, don't do that.

Guys, feel free to add anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 01:10 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,130,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
-Don't post a novel under your bio. We're not reading all of it and it kills any mystery. Keep it short and sweet..
Disagree.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Disagree.

Why?

Old 07-23-2011, 01:28 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
Don't use stupid adolescent crap like, "Just sayin'' That is a total and utter turn off.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:32 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,212,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Disagree.
I agree with you, awful advice. Given how many fake or troll profiles are there of women, I think evidence that she is both real and has a personality makes a woman's profile so much more appealing. Give a guy an idea if you have something in common with him for him to maybe reply. Mystery in a guy appeals to a woman but the reverse is not appealing.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
I agree with you, awful advice. Given how many fake or troll profiles are there of women, I think evidence that she is both real and has a personality makes a woman's profile so much more appealing. Give a guy an idea if you have something in common with him for him to maybe reply. Mystery in a guy appeals to a woman but the reverse is not appealing.

I don't like reading novels. I shouldn't have to read a girl's life story.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:39 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,650,093 times
Even if I'm a girl. I've got one. Don't post duck face pics!!

Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
I agree with this. Even if a girl writes "a novel" there's still plenty to learn about her on a date. I would rather know more about her than to be on a date and realize it was a big mistake to go out with her.

My general advice for women on dating sites (and it probably goes for men too) is to stop being so negative. For instance, "I've been hurt a lot" isn't the most attractive thing to read. Just put "I'm looking for something serious" if you want someone more mature. I also don't want to hear about all the jerk messages you've gotten before.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
I don't like reading novels. I shouldn't have to read a girl's life story.
Well, gee, maybe different people have different taste. My advice to anyone - online or in real life - would be to just be honest and be themselves. Maybe you don't like reading novels. Some people enjoy reading novels.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,212,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I agree with this. Even if a girl writes "a novel" there's still plenty to learn about her on a date. I would rather know more about her than to be on a date and realize it was a big mistake to go out with her.

My general advice for women on dating sites (and it probably goes for men too) is to stop being so negative. For instance, "I've been hurt a lot" isn't the most attractive thing to read. Just put "I'm looking for something serious" if you want someone more mature. I also don't want to hear about all the jerk messages you've gotten before.
Yep. I would more rather know that there is at least a chance that we'd click or have something in common before I write and then meet up for the first date.

"Hi. I am a fun loving, 26 year old girl in the NYC area looking for a guy to date, maybe LTR. TTYS," could use a few more sentences on personality, hobbies, interests, etc...

Also, be honest with the pics, don't be generic(saying you like humor means little, maybe tell what kind of humor you enjoy?), at least reply to messages (besides spam or anything really rude) with an affirmative or negative, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships