Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny how? View Post
Whatever do you mean??
Ewwww I Would get that checked out! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 03:41 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Dating is included in feminism. If you want it in one area, it has to apply in all areas.
I would bet that women who demand to be carried throughout the dating process end up with men that demand traditional gender roles of them. It probably evens out in relationships. Still, what does that have to do with the right to vote or work?

Old 07-23-2011, 03:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
This is the case for both genders. All that can be done is to date your own. That's what I've always done and it's worked out pretty well.
Me, too! I don't know any woman haters or man haters in real life. And I've never heard any man that I know of talk about feminism and women's lib in such a negative way in real life.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:42 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't consider myself a true feminist - but I don't think you truly understand feminism and women's rights. I do demand equal rights - we should have the right to vote, we should have equal pay, we should be protected from rape, sexual harassment, physical abuse, etc. Every single person should have these rights. This has absolutely nothing to do with my love life.
Agree 100% one more time.

I simply don't see the fact that I deserve equal pay for equal work translating into the dating world. Maybe I'm just not "hip" enough to get it...but, yeah, a quid pro quo in the dating world? That's far beyond my comprehension.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
As a mom that is single, I am the female and male everyday. Minus the butt scratching.
Most men that I know scratch their balls more than their butt!

Quote:
Me, too! I don't know any woman haters or man haters in real life. And I've never heard any man that I know of talk about feminism and women's lib in such a negative way in real life.
Off line folk tend to stay with their own. Those who have trouble are on the net complaining. It's the squeaky wheel.

406 posts, read 580,875 times
Quote:
I don't consider myself a true feminist - but I don't think you truly understand feminism and women's rights. I do demand equal rights - we should have the right to vote, we should have equal pay, we should be protected from rape, sexual harassment, physical abuse, etc. Every single person should have these rights. This has absolutely nothing to do with my love life.

You obviously want a woman to take care of you - to ask you out, dote on you, woo you, etc. That's fine. Just because not all women are going to be willing to do that - it doesn't mean that all women are feminists who are using feminism to benefit them. Are you willing to give up your equal rights to have a woman who takes care of you? Are you willing to give up equal pay and your right to vote?

It should apply to everyone. But if you fought for that, you have to be willing to accept feminism in other areas.

I don't need to be taken care of. You said that, not me. If a girl is interested in me, she'll need to make a move because another girl will do it if she won't. I can afford to hold out. And men don't have equal rights, so there's nothing to give up.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:45 PM

406 posts, read 580,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Still, what does that have to do with the right to vote or work?

I've answered that multiple times.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I've answered that multiple times.
Your reasoning is hard to follow. So, you think that women who make these peculiar relationship demands should not have the right to vote or work? Or, do you think their choices, and subsequent consequences applied by you, et al, should apply to all women? Or, these women should just change their dating MO?

Old 07-23-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
And men don't have equal rights, so there's nothing to give up.
Men are the rubric for rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships