Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 04:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raena77 View Post
yeah they are always scratching it? Kinda weird....my crotch isn't itchy....maybe they need to wash it?
lol!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 04:02 PM

406 posts, read 580,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's not apples and oranges at all. Black people, women, gays - these groups have all had to fight for their rights. We are ALL people. Women aren't some different species.

So - you have no intention of going out with anyone, yet you started a whole thread telling women what they should and shouldn't do with their online profiles? Okay...

It is apples and oranges. Black people and gays don't pick and choose when they want equality and when they want to remain passive.

That's right. I did it based on my observations.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Me too. What it does is indebt you to a person, unless it's your spouse of course. But, random people? That wouldn't be kosher with me.
Yeah - I don't know - I guess it would make me feel like a mistress or something. But that's just me. Like I said, my friend has no problems with it whastoever. When we were first becoming friends, she thought it was weird that I didn't have men buying all kinds of fancy jewelry for me. The only person that has bought me any kind of nice jewelry is my husband (well, my ex-fiance bought me an engagement ring but I gave it back) - and even he has only bought be a couple of things. Honestly, I rarely even wear jewelry!

Old 07-23-2011, 04:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
It is apples and oranges. Black people and gays don't pick and choose when they want equality and when they want to remain passive.

The thing is, is that the rights of black of people are not dependent on their relationships with white people. You're asserting that women's rights are dependent on their relationships with men, and that's off the mark.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:04 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
That's my point. There are some women who want to be taken care of - and that's okay. Personally, I've never dated anyone who showered me with gifts and spent exorbitant amounts of money on me. I'm not really into that - it would make me feel weird. I always offer to pay and have no problem paying. I do this with friends and family as well. Now, I do have a friend that loves to be showered with gifts - and that works for her. She finds the guys that like to do that sort of thing. And I have a transgender friend that LOVES to shower people with gifts. He goes way overboard but it makes him happy. We all have our own preferences.
Exactly. Whether any women considers herself to be a feminist is beside the point, what really matters is that we all have choices. If a woman wants to be wined and dined and she find a man who wants to wine and dine her, then that's awesome. If a guy prefers to let the woman make the first move, then he can do that, because plenty of women have no problem asking a dude out. People can be as traditional or nontraditional as they want to be. That's the point.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Once again, your logic makes absolutely no sense. Equal rights. That's what we all fought for - blacks, gays, women. This has nothing to do with dating and relationships. A woman not wanting to ask men out has nothing to do with women's rights. This has to do with her personality. We all have different personalities that influences how conduct our love lives. This has nothing to do with equal rights.

So - once again, do you think that women who don't ask men out and don't pay for dates should have their right to vote taken away from them? It's a simple yes or no question.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Yeah - I don't know - I guess it would make me feel like a mistress or something. But that's just me. Like I said, my friend has no problems with it whastoever. When we were first becoming friends, she thought it was weird that I didn't have men buying all kinds of fancy jewelry for me. The only person that has bought me any kind of nice jewelry is my husband (well, my ex-fiance bought me an engagement ring but I gave it back) - and even he has only bought be a couple of things. Honestly, I rarely even wear jewelry!
This may be a harsh judgement call on my part, but to me that's the makeup of a taker (regardless of gender since there are plenty of male takers). Not a giver or a taker/giver (like most folk). I don't really like those kinds of people. I don't have one friend that fits that bill either.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:

Why so angry? Do you need a hug? Here I come.......why are you running from me?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:08 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times
Quote:
If you're a true feminist, it applies to all areas of life. Along with rights comes responsibilities. I have no respect for those that demand in one area, and remain passive in another because it benefits them too much to become more aggressive. That's not feminism.
Are you saying that passive individuals should not enjoy the same human rights as aggressive individuals?

If everyone were gender neutral, how would sexual attraction work?

Quote:
It should apply to everyone. But if you fought for that, you have to be willing to accept feminism in other areas.

I don't need to be taken care of. You said that, not me. If a girl is interested in me, she'll need to make a move because another girl will do it if she won't. I can afford to hold out. And men don't have equal rights, so there's nothing to give up.
I don't follow your logic at all. You like to be passive in your relationships and will only date aggressive women. OK, that is your right.

Are you passive in all areas of your life, or just when it comes to dating? Because, if I'm understanding you correctly, you don't believe in switching it up. You either have to be passive in all areas of your life or aggressive in all area of your life.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:14 PM

406 posts, read 580,505 times
Quote:
Are you saying that passive individuals should not enjoy the same human rights as aggressive individuals?

A passive girl will lose to the aggressive girl every single time. I've seen it happen time and time again.

Quote:
If everyone were gender neutral, how would sexual attraction work?

So you're admitting that equality doesn't truly exist?

Quote:
I don't follow your logic at all. You like to be passive in your relationships and will only date aggressive women. OK, that is your right.

I don't have to. I know that there are plenty that will make a move and not use any double standards. Perhaps if I was average looking, I wouldn't be able to. It is my right and I plan to exercise it.

Quote:
Are you passive in all areas of your life, or just when it comes to dating? Because, if I'm understanding you correctly, you don't believe in switching it up. You either have to be passive in all areas of your life or aggressive in all area of your life.

This question doesn't apply to me since I didn't fight for equal rights and neutral gender roles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships