Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 06:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,052,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Does this mean I can stop shaving my legs now?
I can't speak for the other men but a little hair won't scare me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 06:02 PM

406 posts, read 582,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Does this mean I can stop shaving my legs now?

Go for it.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:03 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,687,748 times
OK, but if "equality" means I have to start wearing ugly brown shoes, you can forget the whole thing.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,242,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Okay, let me make this clear. I don't give a that you have equal pay or the right to vote. I think you should have those rights. What I'm getting at is that if you want to be considered equal even human beings regardless of gender this ladies treatment stuff is no longer needed or fair.
Then don't treat women like ladies. You can close the door in their faces, you don't have to ask them out, you don't have to pay for dates, you don't even have to talk to them. That is your preference and that's fine. But why all the bitterness? It seems like it is more about punishing women. There are women that are fine with not getting any special treatment - buit I know of very few people (men or women) that like bitter, angry people.

Most men that I know like women with curvy bodies. They like hips and breasts. They like a woman that can cook. They like a woman that takes care of themself, one that works out, does her hair nice, wears nice clothes, etc. Most women I know like a man that is polite, that has a good sense of humor, that is confident, etc. Most men and women that I know in real life don't harp on who pays for dates or who asks who out. It's about getting to know another person. It's about finding the right person for you. It seems on this forum - people are so hung up on who pays, who asks who out, who opens the door, who makes more money, who cleans the house, etc. All of those things are individual preferences. Why are so many people so angry about people being different? Nobody is forcing anyone to be someone they aren't.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,249,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Had nothing to do with wanting it more. Most guys know that most women are too lazy to do anything. I'm all for guys stop making the first move. If I put myself out there, I know there will be someone that is forward. And the funny thing is the ones claiming they won't make the first move chase highly desirable guys. I've had women approach me that would never approach an average Joe.
LOL! Ahh, too lazy. Perhaps. But, it's like calling someone lazy for drinking the glass of water in front of them rather than getting up to fetch another glass of water. If you have a handful of guys going at you, good guys, there isn't time in the day to bother approaching men at random. I met my husband when I was a street performer. Every night, at the end of the night, I would have a group of guys that would hang around and help me pack up my stuff. I had some wonderful conversations and developed nice friendships with many of them. I use to call them my harem and I'd get a new lot every summer.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artikk View Post
I'm aligning properties of civil rights and that of dating. All I am saying that there should be consistency between what women want in the rest of life and dating. They want to be considered equal in the rest of their life-no archaic gender roles, etc-- this should also extend to dating as well. Now i realize that some people don't agree that they should extend to dating and I can fully see why. Why change something that would benefit me, if I were a woman?
Civil rights and dating are seperate things completely. All human beings should be treated equally under the law. Dating is not about equality. Relationships, marriage, families aren't about equality. They are about compatibility.

Women now have equal rights under the law. This doesn't mean that we are not equal to men - this means that we are equal citizens. When blacks got equal rights - it didn't mean that they were now considered whites. When women got equal rights - it didn't mean that they were now considered men. When gays get equal rights (everywhere, not just in some states - it doesn't mean that they are now considered straight.

Men and women can be as different or as similar as they want to be. This has nothing to do with rights. Dating has nothing to do with the law. You can carry out your love life however you see fit. Nobody is making you ask women out. Nobody is making you pay. If you don't want to do any of these things - you don't have to. It's really as simple as that.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Are you arguing that inequality is justifiable, as long as that inequality is part of a relationship? or part of "dating"? Men should not desire equality in a relationship. Should women expect equality in a relationship? In romance? In sex? In division of labor (within the relationship)?
I'm not arguing that inequality is justifiable in relationships. It certainly happens, but it's not my argument. I'm saying that it cannot rationally be aligned with civil rights nor do I have any control, or have interest in having control, in how other folk manage their private lives. Further, I say just don't date sexist women. I didn't marry a sexist, racist, religious, etc, man. I married a like minded guy. Why you guys don't is for you to figure out. As I've mentioned in the past, if you want to date a woman that has no interest in being wined and dined, go for hippy women! They'd rather hike, kayak, camp, mediate, go on a road trip, do an art project, etc. They're into actually doing fun stuff.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Go for it.
Just for the record - you never answered my question. Do you think that women that want to be asked out and treated to a dinner once in awhile should give up their rights under the law?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:15 PM

406 posts, read 582,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Just for the record - you never answered my question. Do you think that women that want to be asked out and treated to a dinner once in awhile should give up their rights under the law?

So you can twist my words? No, I'm not required to answer your question.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artikk View Post
I'm aligning properties of civil rights and that of dating. All I am saying that there should be consistency between what women want in the rest of life and dating. They want to be considered equal in the rest of their life-no archaic gender roles, etc-- this should also extend to dating as well. Now i realize that some people don't agree that they should extend to dating and I can fully see why. Why change something that would benefit me, if I were a woman?
You did align it, wrongly. Other than that, I agree with you. As I mentioned in my previous post, we can't control the private lives of others. But, we are free to date like minded individuals.

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-23-2011 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Removed reference to delete comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships