Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,328,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
Just wondering....
Do tell...
Not with a human - but my lawn mower just gave me a black eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 01:20 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,141,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Yet legally you can only use an equal or lesser amount of force; even there, you get screwed. There are exceptions I think - the Castle Doctrine was being put up for a vote here in PA a few months ago - but Buddha forbid you get attacked on the street, even by armed multiple opponents, and you're a martial arts instructor who does what he has to do.

... 3 months in County for THAT little tussle ...
Is that law on the books in PA? Wow...damned if you do/don't.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:46 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,668,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Is that law on the books in PA? Wow...damned if you do/don't.
Ya know, I'm being very slack here - I should know if it passed or even came up for a vote, but since I don't run a school anymore I've lost touch with most of the self-defense legislation. I know they were scheduled to vote on it sometime soon.

But yeah - no matter what you do, you're in trouble unless you know some beefy guys with shovels and lime.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,701,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
I was referring to the predatory thug clowns that start beef and when someone is ready to take it there with them, they pull out guns all because they're too cowardly to fight one on one. It's easy for a thug to act hard when they've got their buddies with them, it's a different story when it's one on one. That's when they b***h up when it's one on one because they know you'll put a serious whooping on them. That's why I'm GLAD I moved out of the hood, too many guys who swear they're so hard (tough) but are the first to run when the cops come on the scene. How are you going to talk about being tough but take off running when the police show up? These dudes are clowns.
True enough statement. They do get emboldened by numbers and cocky about flashing weapons.. mix that with meth and booze and bad s*** happens.
The bangers that jumped us were lit up enough to feel ten and tall and bullet proof and being as one had a knife and the other had a pistol ...well no way they could lose.
Didn't see the knife till after it was over. He may have been trying to get it in play but his buddy sealed the deal by brandishing the gun.
They both went down. Don't even know why they would have picked us to try this with. We are not exactly a meek looking family...ruddy jeans, cowboy hats that look like they went through a war....maybe that was it. Just out of place in the city or something.
Stupid hurts.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:05 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,208,670 times
No, I think I'm pretty mature. I don't start fights and I don't hang around immature adults that could get me into one.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:22 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,815,956 times
Not since I was a child but I wouldnt hesitate to fight if I had to defend to myself.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:51 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,505,589 times
Oh, at least one or two a month...sometimes per weekend!
I'm a Bouncer, so it's more breaking up fighters more than fighting per se'.
Things have calmed down lately...a few years ago it was several fights each night.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:55 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,848,207 times
Default Like this?

BAM!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:07 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,270,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
That's the problem with many women nowadays. They know that in politically correct America most men will have enough sense not to strike them and that leads them to provoke those men in ways that would get a man a severe beating (possibly one leading to permanent injuries and even death).

I recall getting into discussions here with women who insisted that a man never should hit a woman under any circumstances and only when I pressed them with real-life cases of women who provoked men (one case when a woman burned her cigarette on a man's back for no reason at a bar) did these C-D female posters grudgingly concede they deserved physical retaliation - but they then insisted that one blow would've been enough, not a beatdown.

While that may be true, women who write like this and women who assault men should understand that when a man is infuriated because of a woman's repeated provocations (such as the lesbian who made the man bleed, pulled his lip, and was then knocked out cold), he will probably not stop with one blow. Therefore, women would be wise not to provoke men just because they're women and men aren't supposed to hit women.

Disclaimer: I haven't hit a female once in my life and it would take a lot for me to do it. Thankfully I'm the type who doesn't get into fights and whose lifestyle avoids situations where fights may occur.
Men who hit women and women who provoke and then physically assault men because they believe the man can't fight back. Both are cowards and not the kind of people I want to associate with.

I haven't even got close to having a physical fight as an adult. I haven't even got into a shouting match or really had a heated argument. This one time, though, I was waiting in line to order at McDonalds when this drunk guy comes in. He starts making lewd/sexist comments to a couple of girls in front of me, she calls him a dick several times and pushes him away on the face. He then tries to trip her and a group of people including me get in the middle of them because it looked like he was going to lunge at her and attack her. In fact he was insulting basically everyone, calling them names and being racist, chauvinist and otherwise offensive. I think it was more than him being drunk, he seemed like an unpleasant character. A couple of guys then challenge him and basically chase him out of the McDonalds. Sort of unrelated, but after that had died down and I was waiting for my order near the counter this other girl was waiting to order something and was a bit impatient and possibly had a bit to drink. The employee, a middle aged South Asian woman was busy doing something and the girl yells out 'hurry up you ****ing fatty!' fairly loudly (not shouting, but definitely loud enough for everyone to hear). I felt bad for the woman, and was about to tell her the young 'lady' stop being such a rude jerk but alas I was ashamed I did not.

These two don't count cos I was a kid, but when I was about 9 I was playfighting with my good friend and it got a bit out of control and I gave him a bloody nose.

When I was 12 my 'gang' at school got into an argument with another group, and for some reason, I started arguing with this other kid one year younger than me. I forgot what happened, whether I struck first or whether he did, but I remember him kicking me and calling me a loser. I'm definitely not the aggressive type so I doubt I attacked him first, but who knows what happened. It didn't really connect but there you go.

Well at the very least I do know how it feels like to be punched...once my friend was demonstrating a self-defence technique. He misjudged his punch and got me right in the nose. We're no longer friends...lol just kidding.

Last edited by Trimac20; 10-15-2011 at 10:18 AM..

Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,295,718 times
I'm a Lover not a Fighter, that and I carry a .45 all the times.

Seriously though, I avoid physical fights as much as possible. That dones't mean I can't fight, I hold a Black belt in TKD, done some wrestling, and about to study Kickboxing. I lost a childhood hood friend all because some jack ass pulled a knife. So I do my best to walk away from a fight. I also don't do bars and clubs. I've seen enough bar room fights to last a life time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships