Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 PM

4 posts, read 4,535 times

Advertisements

it IS a control tactic to make you feel crappy. Go on to the next man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,243,567 times
I didn't need to read any other replies on this one. For me it's easily anwsered. YOU control how someone makes you feel!!! You can't control what they say to you, but, you have control over how someone makes you feel.

Dump the jerk, find someone who will love and appreciate you ALL the time!!!!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,337,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotoyou7 View Post
it IS a control tactic to make you feel crappy. Go on to the next man!
helltoyou7..is exactly right...it's his way of controlling you, and making you feel that you couldn't do better than him...SURPRISE....you can!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 AM

78,864 posts, read 61,050,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnagirl View Post
Have you ever been treated like that? what did you do? what do you suggest a different girl under the same treatment should do?
I mean he can like see a girl for 5 minutes and assume she's more worth everything to him than I. He acts like she's so perfect and she's so better than me. I have no right to put them down when I'm just stating simple facts in the way they act is not right. He defends them like they mean more to him than I do to him. He doesn't seem to care. I told him it hurt me when he's like that and he acts like I'm worrying over something stupid. We get along every other day, these days happen like once every two weeks or longer...
I try to discuss it with him later and he says I'm worried over "old history"
Insufficient information.

Since we don't know his side of the story or your own personality it's hard to judge.

How have you been with other bf's? Are you a jealous person?
Really, this is the kind of question you should be talking over with people that know you and him like your gf's.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:48 PM

850 posts, read 1,549,578 times
Quote:
Have you ever been treated like that? what did you do? what do you suggest a different girl under the same treatment should do?
I mean he can like see a girl for 5 minutes and assume she's more worth everything to him than I. He acts like she's so perfect and she's so better than me. I have no right to put them down when I'm just stating simple facts in the way they act is not right. He defends them like they mean more to him than I do to him. He doesn't seem to care. I told him it hurt me when he's like that and he acts like I'm worrying over something stupid. We get along every other day, these days happen like once every two weeks or longer...
Dump his ass. End of story.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 PM

826 posts, read 1,898,063 times
Quote:
A guy should never make you feel bad about yourself. Hell, a friend should not either. Why are you still talking to this guy? He doesn't respect you, he checks out other girls in front of you, you feel insecure with him..... the list is long.
I second the others, dump him and while you are it, work on your confidence and self esteem so that next time, guys like him won't last a minute doing what he did.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:26 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,181,473 times
Directed towards the OP...

Wait a minute and hold on...

I am stating this as a woman and trying to be diplomatic..there are two sides..I think I have been there but with an ex...

Casual setting be it a movie, an outing, a bar scene where you stopped in after the beach?

Your having a great time..then it comes...the negativity...the comments.."Wow, really bro gonna show up looking like that?" "Wow can you believe that guy is dancing out there and does not have a clue" "Look at that guy, what a dork.."

I cannot stand this..It makes a really GOOD looking guy REALLY ugly super fast...First of all, why are you worried about everyone else? Focus on me right? This tells me you have issues..and you are insecure and obviously need to be Captin obvious as if I am not there with you..
No man whom is secure is going to bash another man...period..
And no woman or lady I should say is going to waste her time bashing another woman..you can think it but never say it is just beneath you..

So yes when this has happened I have defended the underdog because this is how I am...NOONE IS PERFECT...and one should never cast stones from a glass house..

Old 07-30-2011, 08:45 AM

859 posts, read 2,834,719 times
You've told him it bothers you.. He continues to do it... Time to walk away... There are a million guys out there that will respect you and appreciate what you offer. I say this from experience. I'm a guy and my GF is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Do I notice other women.. Sure I do but I never react and she never knows I took a peek

Old 07-30-2011, 03:14 PM

76 posts, read 110,913 times
Quote:
They were even underaged too.. he has a mental problem with that and he says he's trying to control it. They were like 13 or 15 years old.
You might do a record search on that "chomo". He might be a Phillip Garrido in the making.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:01 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,684,501 times
He thinks that you'll never leave him. Find someone worth your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships