Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:31 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,782,631 times

Advertisements

Jn,

Possibly it's time for you to get a job and plan for your future. If you are looking to someone else to fullfill you or make you happy, it will never happen. Those feelings come from within, they are not developed by outside sources.

He is not respecting you, and never will, until you respect yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 10:26 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,898,324 times
Don't ever let some fool play "simple simon" mind games on your head. Here you are sitting there allowing him to disrespect you like that. I bet he's not all that!

Not to sound extreme but the first thing abusers (verbal of physical) try to do is chip away at your self esteem. I had a girlfriend, back in the day who had some fool she was dating, at the gym telling her about how the other girls body's looked and how in shape they were. My question, did yall ride together? She said yes. My next question - wonder how he got a ride home?

Katt Williams said it best - life is too short to have a jacked up relationship. Next time you get ready to go to the car just wave your hand and keep walking and tell the other person "I'm good. I'm done. Take care."

NEXT

Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 AM

356 posts, read 831,063 times
I've read a good majority of the responses on here and cannot believe that women still allow men to treat them like this. While I think there may be a possible underlying insecurity issue (brought on by his actions) Get rid of this guy, he's not going to change. Take your time being single and enjoy it. Men love confidence and eventually someone will come along that is worth it, in the meantime go out, have fun with your girls!
Also, its very important to have a support system set in place (someone asked -- where is your family?? Very good question!) If you have noone that you can talk to about this go see a therapist. I'm against therapy, but in drastic cases sometimes it's necessary.

1. Find someone to talk to
2. Get out on your own.
3. Work on you - put yourself first and men will be banging the door down!

Good luck!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,401,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Dump him. That's what.

Source: Common Sense.
Spend a lot of his money first...humiliate him in public and then dump him.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:10 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,259,278 times
Set him free to be with perfect girls

Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,378,760 times
To the OP leave, you sound like he has already hurt you quite a bit emotionally. You deserve a better life than the one you have right now

Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,798,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnagirl View Post
Have you ever been treated like that? what did you do? what do you suggest a different girl under the same treatment should do?
I mean he can like see a girl for 5 minutes and assume she's more worth everything to him than I. He acts like she's so perfect and she's so better than me. I have no right to put them down when I'm just stating simple facts in the way they act is not right. He defends them like they mean more to him than I do to him. He doesn't seem to care. I told him it hurt me when he's like that and he acts like I'm worrying over something stupid. We get along every other day, these days happen like once every two weeks or longer...
I try to discuss it with him later and he says I'm worried over "old history"

So you are putting people down in public and you object that your BF defends them? Is that what you are saying?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,661,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnagirl View Post
Have you ever been treated like that? what did you do? what do you suggest a different girl under the same treatment should do?
I mean he can like see a girl for 5 minutes and assume she's more worth everything to him than I. He acts like she's so perfect and she's so better than me. I have no right to put them down when I'm just stating simple facts in the way they act is not right. He defends them like they mean more to him than I do to him. He doesn't seem to care. I told him it hurt me when he's like that and he acts like I'm worrying over something stupid. We get along every other day, these days happen like once every two weeks or longer...
I try to discuss it with him later and he says I'm worried over "old history"
Worthy of what,exactly?

Old 06-28-2014, 07:46 AM

943 posts, read 1,005,936 times
I don't know if you want or need any other advice, since what you could and should do next to make things better will take some time and effort from you.
Here is what I am seeing, you have some long standing issues that make you feel like you are less worthy, everything you say sounds like you have a lot of old wounds that will not only make it almost impossible to have a good relationship where you can expect and demand any more than what you are dealing with right now.
Here is a universal truth, everyone is born with certain RIGHTS whether they are female or male. You have the right to be safe, physically and emotionally. You have the right to be cared for, if no one else is caring for you then you take care of yourself. You have the right to be loved and treated with respect and dignity. You have the right to self expression, self determination, self improvement etc. etc.
The way this sounds like its going all of those rights are being terminated at the hands of another person. How dare they? I mean, how come you aren't long gone?
You need to take care of yourself and find out about your 'rights'. Provide them for yourself first and then you may come to the point where you can demand that from another person. But this guy, sheesh, he's digging on the fact that you don't know your 'rights' and you handed them over to him.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:35 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,751,021 times
what is to be done? pretty much nothing. women are treated according to their looks by men. the worse looking ones are treated like garbage and it's up from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships