Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:35 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times

Advertisements

In our western based society, we are so used to us men having to make sure our pick up game was on point...you couldnt be cliche, or use some corny pick up lines...you always had to be funny, interesting, edgy, "out of the box" and all that other BS that girls have placed on us...

And that was my fate for a long time...but then I was really overweight, so let's just say that I had to compensate for that by having a really interesting personality...then I finally lost a ton of weight, got into really good shape, and while I was not "God's gift to women" let's just say that I started getting girls approaching me far more often than ever...

This is where I started noticing one thing; the VAST majority of girls have no game whatsoever...girls would approach me in person, or online with lines like "you're really cute", "you're hot", "can I rub your chest?"...now if I, or most other guys ever approached a girl with lines like that, we would get either laughed at or slapped...this lack of game wasnt limited by any factor, cute girls, ugly girls, white girls, black girls, it doesnt matter. Most of you are just lame...since I was always the one pursuing in the past I never noticed this, but now I do...I'm married now so I'm out of the game but I was wondering for all you men what your thoughts were...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Do Women Have Game?
You are not serious with this question are you? Women do not need "game". All they need to be concerned with is looking hot and men will flock to them. All the "game" a woman needs is to be hot and be able to smile at a guy. THATS IT.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 AM

990 posts, read 2,555,938 times
I don't know how old you are, where you live, or where you go.

But...perhaps in a few years or so, you will have the good fortune to encounter a woman who knows how to "flirt".

I'm not talking about an obscene conversation, but truly flirt.

That my boy IS GAME, truly an art form.

WOW!!!

Personally, it draws me in like a moth to a flame.

And yes, I have gotten burnt, but WOW what a burn.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:16 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
This question reminds me of the Harrison Ford line from the movie "Six Days, Seven Nights." Anne Heche played an editor for a Cosmopolitan-type magazine and Harrison was looking at the covers of one of her mags, reading all the "How to Get Your Man Excited"-type articles that those kinds of magazines have. Ford just sighs and goes, "Good Lord, you know how you get a man excited? Just show-up. We're men; we're easy."

Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You are not serious with this question are you? Women do not need "game". All they need to be concerned with is looking hot and men will flock to them. All the "game" a woman needs is to be hot and be able to smile at a guy. THATS IT.

not always so. Granted, the average woman is going to have more guys approach her than the average guy with women...but there will be a guy that a girl finds attractive that might not approach her, and she has to do the approaching...yes, it does happen. Now I know a lot of girls who are so unused to the whole approaching game that they would let a guy slip away rather than approach him, but there are MANY girls who do approach guys, and this is what I'm talking about.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,508 times
We should probably start off with the assumption that less than .01% of all women out there have the necessary stunning looks to have the man they actually want approach them.

Yes men will flock to hot girls, yes men are easy. But that is not game. Game is getting the guy that SHE ACTUALLY WANTS, not the truckloads of guys that realistically have no chance with her.

So with that being said I think a woman simply looking her best is not a form of game.

OP, in my experience, women either have direct lame game like you've stated or super indirect, ineffective game.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Who needs "game?" I've gotten every guy I've wanted since I was about 18. I don't have "game." What I do have is a silly sense of humor, a down to earth personality, and an ease in talking and flirting with people. I don't need to have a good pick up line or a game plan - being myself has worked just fine for me. I don't think anyone has ever thought of me as "lame" or "ineffective."

Old 07-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
We should probably start off with the assumption that less than .01% of all women out there have the necessary stunning looks to have the man they actually want approach them.

Yes men will flock to hot girls, yes men are easy. But that is not game. Game is getting the guy that SHE ACTUALLY WANTS, not the truckloads of guys that realistically have no chance with her.

So with that being said I think a woman simply looking her best is not a form of game.

OP, in my experience, women either have direct lame game like you've stated or super indirect, ineffective game.

agree with this...of course women will always have guys coming to them, and for most women that is enough and they dont have any need or desire to approach a guy, but there is a difference between being approached by a ton of guys you dont like and being approached by guys you do like...so when a girl doesnt get enough of the latter then she has to do what she can...

Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Who needs "game?" I've gotten every guy I've wanted since I was about 18. I don't have "game." What I do have is a silly sense of humor, a down to earth personality, and an ease in talking and flirting with people. I don't need to have a good pick up line or a game plan - being myself has worked just fine for me. I don't think anyone has ever thought of me as "lame" or "ineffective."
And why would they? Your "game" is probably intrinsic in your personality and has obviously done you well. Since you've gotten every guy you've wanted since you were 18, my question is: have you always known these guys (i.e. been in the same circle)? If not, how did you initially approach them or have them approach you?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
And why would they? Your "game" is probably intrinsic in your personality and has obviously done you well. Since you've gotten every guy you've wanted since you were 18, my question is: have you always known these guys (i.e. been in the same circle)? If not, how did you initially approach them or have them approach you?
Most of the guys I've dated have been in my social circle - or I met them through work or school (back when I was in school). I've only been the one to make the first move a few times - mostly because I'm not usually attracted to somoene right away - I have to get to know them first. Personality means far more than looks do to me - and you can't tell what someone's personality is like from across the room. But I've always had at least a conversation with a guy before I made the first move. I've never had any game plan - I'm just myself. And most of the time - by the time I realized I'm attracted to someone - he makes the first move so I haven't had to.

Also - I don't recall ever going out with a guy that hit on me at a bar or club or anything. Honestly, I've had very little time being single - but even when I was single - I don't remember if it was because I didn't trust a complete stranger or if I just wasn't interested.

Oh wait - I think I did pick up a guy in a bar once in Boston... Nothing really happened because I was just visiting for the afternoon - but I do remember him hanging out with me and my friends for the rest of the day and calling me a few days later... But I don't remember how I did it. I'm pretty sure I'm the one that hit on him... But I honestly don't remember how it happened or where... Basically, if I want to go up and talk to someone - I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships