Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
No, 99.99% of women who get approached and attempted "pick-up" are being approached by men they don't even want. I said nothing about relationships.
Dont relationships begin with being approched? If 99.99% are never approached by men they want it would reason that they never enter into relationships with men they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 01:00 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,285,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Dont relationships begin with being approched? If 99.99% are never approached by men they want it would reason that they never enter into relationships with men they want.
Nah the vast majority of relationships begin through circles, whether it's social circle, work, school, religion, hobbies etc. A growing percentage are now meeting through online dating and social networking sites. I'm not sure how many women are cold-approached by a complete stranger and end up dating him, but I would say it's low.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Nah the vast majority of relationships begin through circles, whether it's social circle, work, school, religion, hobbies etc. A growing percentage are now meeting through online dating and social networking sites. I'm not sure how many women are cold-approached by a complete stranger and end up dating him, but I would say it's low.
As far as my personal experiences go - I'd have to say I agree with you. I don't think I've ever ended up dating a complete stranger that approached me.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:22 PM

32,120 posts, read 34,787,403 times
No. But they do need looks, looks, and looks.

Oh...did I forget looks?

After that, a woman needs:

-average IQ
-to be nice
-to keep her legs shut
-to not belch or fart out loud

That's all a woman really needs to pull a guy.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:25 PM

14,565 posts, read 23,090,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You are not serious with this question are you? Women do not need "game". All they need to be concerned with is looking hot and men will flock to them. All the "game" a woman needs is to be hot and be able to smile at a guy. THATS IT.
That's pretty much the sum of it.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,529,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You are not serious with this question are you? Women do not need "game". All they need to be concerned with is looking hot and men will flock to them. All the "game" a woman needs is to be hot and be able to smile at a guy. THATS IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
This question reminds me of the Harrison Ford line from the movie "Six Days, Seven Nights." Anne Heche played an editor for a Cosmopolitan-type magazine and Harrison was looking at the covers of one of her mags, reading all the "How to Get Your Man Excited"-type articles that those kinds of magazines have. Ford just sighs and goes, "Good Lord, you know how you get a man excited? Just show-up. We're men; we're easy."
Exactly. Haven't you ever noticed that dating/relationship advice books written for men tend to focus more on pickup/approaching women while dating/relationship book written for women tend to focus more on finding the right man?

If you want to over-generalize, you could say this has to do with the fact that most men have "quantity" problems when it comes to women, while women have "quality" problems when it comes to men. That is, most men have trouble being able to attract enough women, while most women get hit on by too many low-quality guys and have trouble finding a decent man.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,141,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
If you want to over-generalize, you could say this has to do with the fact that most men have "quantity" problems when it comes to women, while women have "quality" problems when it comes to men. That is, most men have trouble being able to attract enough women, while most women get hit on by too many low-quality guys and have trouble finding a decent man.
Yeah, why aren't men satisfied with finding ONE special woman to spend time with? I hear stuff about how they try to play a numbers game. I don't understand that at all.
Quality is so much more important than quantity! There seems to be too many married men after us and others who are completely wrong for us, to sort through before finding someone even halfway suitable.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,529,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Yeah, why aren't men satisfied with finding ONE special woman to spend time with? I hear stuff about how they try to play a numbers game. I don't understand that at all.
Quality is so much more important than quantity! There seems to be too many married men after us and others who are completely wrong for us, to sort through before finding someone even halfway suitable.
I think you missed the point of my statement. Most men (even very good-looking men) very rarely get hit on or approached by women. Thus, the quantity of women they interact with will be low unless men take initiative. Most semi-attractive women get hit on constantly by guys, so they don't need to put so much effort into taking initiative in order to increase the quantity of men they meet. That's ultimately the reason why women don't need "game" the way men do.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:05 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,472 times
Quote:
We should probably start off with the assumption that less than .01% of all women out there have the necessary stunning looks to have the man they actually want approach them.

Yes men will flock to hot girls, yes men are easy. But that is not game. Game is getting the guy that SHE ACTUALLY WANTS, not the truckloads of guys that realistically have no chance with her.

So with that being said I think a woman simply looking her best is not a form of game.

OP, in my experience, women either have direct lame game like you've stated or super indirect, ineffective game.

As a woman, I didnt even think that woman had "game". I also thought game was crap that men pulled on women. OP, I belive the reason you see women just saying straight forward, normal non-game stuff is that a lot of us dont get into that crap.

Not saying NO women do..its just.I dunno. Like what has already been said here before. Men tend to do the advancing. And, most women just need to look decent enough to attract attention. After that, I think just being yourself and not a total b--ch (or a-hole if ur a guy) is the best "game" you can have. I NEVER run "game" on men. I wouldnt even really know how to begin. I just dont get into that crap, and if i feel a man is running some practiced "gameplan" on me, it turns me off.

And I disagree that just being yourself is a form of "game". GAME implies something different than being yourself. Im fairly intelligent, and I have a great sense of humor. I can bring a good conversation to the table if the guy can. Thats all i want. no GAME..thank you. Me thinking you are being yourself will go a lot futher with me than if you are this smooth talking pimp daddy that has just said the same thing to me that he has said to 10 other women the same day.

So, as a woman, im proud not to have "game" as game to ME....just means smooth talking pimp daddy-or mama..who is just skilled at getting someone to do something he wants or think the way they want.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
I think you missed the point of my statement. Most men (even very good-looking men) very rarely get hit on or approached by women. Thus, the quantity of women they interact with will be low unless men take initiative. Most semi-attractive women get hit on constantly by guys, so they don't need to put so much effort into taking initiative in order to increase the quantity of men they meet. That's ultimately the reason why women don't need "game" the way men do.

I agree with the bolded. That's just the way it is. Unless you are a St Bernard, men will approach you. And to say that guys you like wont be the ones to approach you, that is sooo not true. I bet tons more women had their SO approach THEM than those who approached the guy first.

And im just thinking back to the times when i met some of my exes. Sheesh I dont think any of us used game but we ended up together. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships