Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:15 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,212,455 times

Advertisements

Women do not need to do anything to find a guy interested in going to bed with her. Now, a guy she finds very attractive who wants to go to bed with her or a guy who is interested in a relationship is another story. Chris Rock said it best
(warning: foul language)

‪Chris Rock Offer dick‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
And I disagree that just being yourself is a form of "game". GAME implies something different than being yourself.
Huge misconception.

1,639 posts, read 2,203,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Interesting. It makes me wonder if guys who are "naturals" are... natural? I mean they weren't good with women when they were born. Everything is learned, especially things like socialization. So even those "naturals" at one point went through a learning phase where they internalized the skills at being attractive to women and it became natural for them. So does that mean any "normally socialized" male can learn how to be successful with women?

OMG you are TOTALLY overthinking this!! Seriously! Look..some people just act naturally, and everybody's "acting natural" isnt the same. So, one person being themselves may turn a woman off, but another guy being himself may get her attention. Simply because she clicked more with the 2nd guys personality. It doesnt meant the guy went to college for four years in order to learn how to "be natural and good around women"

It is just simply what personality SHE clicks with.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:08 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,528,770 times
Quote:
[/b]

I agree with the bolded. That's just the way it is. Unless you are a St Bernard, men will approach you. And to say that guys you like wont be the ones to approach you, that is sooo not true. I bet tons more women had their SO approach THEM than those who approached the guy first.

And im just thinking back to the times when i met some of my exes. Sheesh I dont think any of us used game but we ended up together. LOL
I'm not saying that women never get hit on by good-quality men. I'm saying that attractive women are hit on CONSTANTLY by all types of men and that only a few quality men stand out in that crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
Women do not need to do anything to find a guy interested in going to bed with her. Now, a guy she finds very attractive who wants to go to bed with her or a guy who is interested in a relationship is another story. Chris Rock said it best
(warning: foul language)

‪Chris Rock Offer dick‬‏ - YouTube
I had to rep you for this post because this clip is really fun and very true.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,211 times
What? are you kidding me

Even the fugliest cow among us has some lame trying to bed her (thats part of a bigger problem, lames enabling fugly ducklings to feel entitled).

The real title to this thread should be "Do women have game....after 35". I think that'd be more of an interesting question because after they've rode everyone on "the team" there come's a time when that car just can't run like it used to and those looks have faded away (see Kelsy Grammer's wife 20 years ago compared to now).

Most women (especially if they look good) have choices as Mr. Rock eloquently put it in that youtube clip. As I mentioned in the first line of this post, whether she's a cow or a 10...there's always someone lined up to try and hit it. Lots of dudes (lames) put these women on pedestals, not really understanding the implications of what they're doing.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,211 times
Quote:
[/b]
And I disagree that just being yourself is a form of "game". GAME implies something different than being yourself. Im fairly intelligent, and I have a great sense of humor. I can bring a good conversation to the table if the guy can. Thats all i want. no GAME..thank you. Me thinking you are being yourself will go a lot futher with me than if you are this smooth talking pimp daddy that has just said the same thing to me that he has said to 10 other women the same day.

When you internalize something as game, it becomes apart of you. Game implies learning things about yourself and others that you didn't pay attention to before. In turn you learn to see through common myths and lies that you've been fed your whole life. When most people are really to exposed they're in a bit of shock. It's only natural, when you've heard lies for your entire life the truth can sound quite insane.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
When you internalize something as game, it becomes apart of you. Game implies learning things about yourself and others that you didn't pay attention to before. In turn you learn to see through common myths and lies that you've been fed your whole life. When most people are really to exposed they're in a bit of shock. It's only natural, when you've heard lies for your entire life the truth can sound quite insane.
There will always be limitations. It's not a 100% nurture deal. If you have to learn game to begin with, it highlights an innate part of your personality that is not desirable. That stuff doesn't go away. You might be able to fake it with some women, but that presents another limitation. If the assertions that beauty and intelligence are positively correlated, fooling intelligent women is going to be a difficult task. Not only that, and lets be clear guys, your looks do matter, if you're not so nice to look at it's possible that you are less intelligent than the prettier guys you're competing with.

As a disclaimer, that's not to say all beautiful people are intelligent, but the stereotypes might just be rooted in sour grapes. Any how, of all the players that erect alters to PUA I've met online, not one of them was particularly smart. Most of them have been pretty dumb, so dumb that they are incapable of assessing it.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:32 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
We should probably start off with the assumption that less than .01% of all women out there have the necessary stunning looks to have the man they actually want approach them.

Yes men will flock to hot girls, yes men are easy. But that is not game. Game is getting the guy that SHE ACTUALLY WANTS, not the truckloads of guys that realistically have no chance with her.

So with that being said I think a woman simply looking her best is not a form of game.

OP, in my experience, women either have direct lame game like you've stated or super indirect, ineffective game.
Did I just wander into some hunting forum here?

Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
That's pretty much it. Having game is simply possessing the skills and qualities that make you attractive to the opposite sex. Some people get this naturally, others have to make a conscious effort at acquiring it, but it's all the same.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's pretty much it. Having game is simply possessing the skills and qualities that make you attractive to the opposite sex. Some people get this naturally, others have to make a conscious effort at acquiring it, but it's all the same.
It's just about all the same as people are all the same. That debate could easily go in either direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships