Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,904,021 times

Advertisements

Women need game?!!? ROFLMAO!!!!!

Seriously. What women (and men) need, is to be themselves. If you've got "game" you're in all likelyhood acting like someone you are not. If you're a quiet bookworm, or a social extrovert, be, and who just that.

I have no "game". I don't, and have never flirted. It's not in my personality. But other fun things are. I certainly wouldn't want a guy to want me for anything other than me. It's always worked for me, so not much chance of changing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:00 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, that's what you like to tell yourself. Of course, what you consider intelligent and what I consider intelligent are probably not the same. Further, you have to keep in mind that a component of the likes with likes norm is availability and exposure. For example, I married a scientist and many of my friends are scientists (in the same industry to boot) because I'm a scientist. Likes gravitate to likes because we tend to do the same things, have discussions about our shared interests, etc. That's pretty run of the mill socialization. On the flip side, my best friend is an English teacher and novelist and her husband happens to own a production co and is a novelist. Big surprise that they share interests. You can't fake that kind of stuff. If paths were to cross by some chance, you can't fool me that you have a mind for science any more than I can fool you that I'm an expert cellist (unless I was one, of course, but then it wouldn't be fooling).

OTOH, I fully agree that having your own trip is where it's at. That's the most important thing for any individual. But, if your trip is founded on simply attracting the opposite sex, with all the variation that goes with it, then that's not your own trip. Whatever it is, it's lame.
hahahah

I'm still "struggling" to find the logic in your post.

Naturally as two different human beings we have a diametric criteria when it comes to education. Yet you claim a man like mystery has no education, I don't personally know his background but if you feel an education is the sum of an multi year experience within an institution then your clearly deluded. Real educations come from lifetime experiences of failure and success not standardized testing. On top of that education is something that never ends, Mystery has used game to not only help men learn about themselves, and particular social functions. At the same time I'm sure he's learn a great deal about himself, when you teach your always learning about yourself through your students.

I relate game to instruments because that's a field that I come from. A lot of people hear certain songs, and they'd love to learn how to play them on the piano but you can't put the carriage before the horse. You have to work at it, when you start to gain mastery over your craft in turn you gain mastery of yourself. Then you don't have to think about it anymore, it's second nature.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:07 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I agree that people can hone their game through practice. However, to continue your analogy about music ability:
  • Most people will only achieve enough musical skill so that they don't embarrass themselves. They will never be good enough to play in a prestigious band or orchestra.
  • Some people have very little aptitude and don't get any better. Some people have no sense of rhythm, are tone deaf, etc.
Practice is well and good, but people should not fool themselves that anything is possible and they can practice themselves into the Philharmonic.
ha!

If your truly serious about your craft why should you worry about being embarrassed? Even at the top of your game the worst things can happen.

Drive always defeats natural talent and aptitude, I've taught music and things like no sense of rhythm/tone problems can be fixed if the student has drive.

Same thing goes for game, you gotta get shot down plenty and plenty of times before you find the results your looking for. Its the same with someone who just sits at the piano for the first time, they're not going to hear something they like for a long time regardless of their aptitude.

funny thing is....I can remember when I was really tone deaf, couldn't play for ****, sat down made a decision and one day I found myself traveling across the world to play (funny how things work out lol). It's hard for alot of folks to see end game but really its just internalization + how bad you want it.

I've seen people practice into way better situations than the philharmonic.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 PM

550 posts, read 604,764 times
Women invented game.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
hahahah

Well, Julia provided a few concise analogies that did a far better job than I. Guess I was being verbose.

Quote:
Naturally as two different human beings we have a diametric criteria when it comes to education. Yet you claim a man like mystery has no education, I don't personally know his background but if you feel an education is the sum of an multi year experience within an institution then your clearly deluded.
Eh, folk can be informally educated, sure. But they are rare, special birds. I've researched mystery. He was a street magician. I know that world as a former street performer. You learn how to work a crowd. You learn how to work individuals. It's a part of the job. I used to call the men that hung around me my harem. And while I suppose that could be deemed as street education, it's not in the same intellectual universe off the street. In a way, it's a bit of con just as PUA is a bit of a con. Any how, it drips off of him. I see right through it. Besides, it takes a specific type of personality to even get started. That's one thing his followers will never grasp.

Quote:
Real educations come from lifetime experiences of failure and success not standardized testing. On top of that education is something that never ends, Mystery has used game to not only help men learn about themselves, and particular social functions. At the same time I'm sure he's learn a great deal about himself, when you teach your always learning about yourself through your students.
To be clear, any old formal education doesn't always fit the bill either. That's why I was specific to note my interests in scientists. A scientist doesn't simply have a degree. It's a profession, a way of viewing the world, along with a formal education.

Mystery has used his con to earn money selling his game. It's the same gig with different props. I had a rule when I was a street performer, and I've mentioned this here before, I refused to date clowns. That was a catch all for all my fellow male counter parts working their pitch.

Quote:
I relate game to instruments because that's a field that I come from. A lot of people hear certain songs, and they'd love to learn how to play them on the piano but you can't put the carriage before the horse. You have to work at it, when you start to gain mastery over your craft in turn you gain mastery of yourself. Then you don't have to think about it anymore, it's second nature.
Learning/playing an instrument has so much more value imo. But, hey, if you guys want to center your universes around getting a girl, then good luck with that. Keep in my mind that when you think you're fooling some woman, you're only fooling yourself.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
Quote:
ha!

If your truly serious about your craft why should you worry about being embarrassed? Even at the top of your game the worst things can happen.

Drive always defeats natural talent and aptitude, I've taught music and things like no sense of rhythm/tone problems can be fixed if the student has drive.

Same thing goes for game, you gotta get shot down plenty and plenty of times before you find the results your looking for. Its the same with someone who just sits at the piano for the first time, they're not going to hear something they like for a long time regardless of their aptitude.

funny thing is....I can remember when I was really tone deaf, couldn't play for ****, sat down made a decision and one day I found myself traveling across the world to play (funny how things work out lol). It's hard for alot of folks to see end game but really its just internalization + how bad you want it.

I've seen people practice into way better situations than the philharmonic.
I admire your optimism. I'll give you that.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,785,719 times
Women don't have game, they play games.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,205,749 times
I just don't see this as something to aspire to. Ha! I just learned that "mystery" is his stage name from magic lol. Really, that's so funny.

‪Mystery Interview‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 PM

22 posts, read 29,745 times
Like another poster said, guys are easy. Women don't need game.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,082,104 times
Quote:
hahahah

She is saying...albeit in a creative and long winded way...that having good game doesn't guarantee you success with every woman because what might be attractive to one woman would not be as attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships