Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 AM

6,542 posts, read 12,037,130 times

Advertisements

What places do you feel are the best and worst places to be a single guy or girl? (usually the worst places for single guys would be the best places for single girls, because of the inverse ratio). For me, I felt that Japan was the best place I've lived as a single American guy. I felt that I had many options with the Japanese girls. Ever since I transferred to Italy, I felt that it hasn't been as easy. My competition here is Italian men who are confident and aggressive, and dress well. In the States overall, its also not as easy as Asia. American women seen to have an advantage in the dating pool, and have plenty of options. It depends on where in the States too. The Eastern side tends to have a higher female-to-male ratio, while the West its the other way around. I didn't notice too much of a difference however. It also depends on your race and theirs. I feel that Southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas are easy for a White or Black male, but not so much for an Asian. I've always had better luck with Asian or Hispanic females, so I'm better off on the West Coast than the South. I surprisingly did well in Miami, despite its reputation, but due to its Latin population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,897 times
It seems like the worst places to be single are some small towns. I remember being at a bar in my friend's small town and he told me I should probably avoid talking to the girls there since they're all taken. I'm sure other small towns are better for meeting girls, but not that one. Also, small town life is more suited toward being in a relationship or married instead of being single.

For me, the best place to live as a young, single guy was Iowa City. There was a higher percentage of girls at the University and plenty of them were attractive. The student culture wasn't much for relationships, but there were enough girls looking for boyfriends.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,538 times
Judging from what I read on here, the worst place for me to be single would be the USA !

Old 08-03-2011, 07:32 AM

339 posts, read 836,801 times
America probably is the worst for guys because of the obesity problem. Which leads to fewer attractive girls and higher competition. So basically in certain parts of the US you could be a good looking guy and left with scraps because of the shortage.

More often then not if you are a single male in the US out on the prowl this is what you will have to deal with on a Saturday night:

Sausage Party!

Then ofcourse men get frustrated and flood online dating dates(especially free ones). This leads to average looking women getting 60+ emails a day. And why 99% of men on those sites get few responses.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 AM

286 posts, read 699,398 times
Best place to be single is any large coastal city. Naturally, every city can have a different vibe so it's up to a person to find one that is the best fit. The gender ratio isn't all that important since the same type of guys get the same type of girls in every city. Guys without social skills will always fall into the same camp as obese women, regardless of location. Their options will be limited.

Worst place to be single. Small to medium size cities in South/Midwest. Very small choice of quality dates for both genders. Women tend to be less intelligent, overweight, and have bedroom hangups. Guys tend to have the same loserish qualities.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Judging from what I read on here, the worst place for me to be single would be the USA !
Tell me about it!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:43 AM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Cheyenne Wyo. Easily the worst place to be a single guy of any place Ive been! also, any town that is isolated and has a large military base and has employers that traditionally higher men: Mining, Railroad etc.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
any town that is isolated and has a large military base and has employers that traditionally higher men
Tell me about that, too! College kids and a base!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
America probably is the worst for guys because of the obesity problem. Which leads to fewer attractive girls and higher competition. So basically in certain parts of the US you could be a good looking guy and left with scraps because of the shortage.

More often then not if you are a single male in the US out on the prowl this is what you will have to deal with on a Saturday night:

Sausage Party!

Then ofcourse men get frustrated and flood online dating dates(especially free ones). This leads to average looking women getting 60+ emails a day. And why 99% of men on those sites get few responses.

First off, I see just about as many women in that photo as men. Secondly, I am tired of people spouting off "American obesity problem", have you ever looked at pics of people in Mexico? Plus, some of us guys like some volutptous muff N stuff.

I think it has more with how you are than numbers. Miami was mentioned as having great success yet I who looks like Ozzy and hates that rap/techno dance music and isn't into latin culture was a oddity in the end when I lived there.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:53 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,019 times
Worst place to be single in the entire world, IMO: Washington, D.C. / Northern Virginia

Best? I dunno; have no clue...just not here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships