Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 05:28 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Men who stay single, in general, are not happier than married men. They tend to be prone to depression, etc, especially as they get older.
That's because they don't have a good support system: friends and family, goals, etc. Single men that have a good support system are probably more happier than married men because they realize their happiness is not dependent on another person.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
That's because they don't have a good support system: friends and family, goals, etc. Single men that have a good support system are probably more happier than married men because they realize their happiness is not dependent on another person.
I agree that it's very important for men to have social support systems. Women do appear to fair better in that area. I see it with my own husband. He has some great friends, but he doesn't like talking on the phone and doesn't make a great effort to touch base with regularity. It's not good.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:39 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
And it's very pretty! This is the white phone I have with blue case.
lol What was I thinking? Pretty is a very important factor.... For myself I imported my phone from Britain, its unbranded and unlocked and I also rooted it. Steve Jobs will not be telling me what I can or cannot do! Anyhow, they are good phone and I'm just teasing you which I'm sure you knew.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
lol What was I thinking? Pretty is a very important factor.... For myself I imported my phone from Britain, its unbranded and unlocked and I also rooted it. Steve Jobs will not be telling me what I can or cannot do! Anyhow, they are good phone and I'm just teasing you which I'm sure you knew.
mm. For the record, Steve Jobs no longer runs apple.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
lol What was I thinking? Pretty is a very important factor....
Obviously, we're visual creatures. It's one of the reasons I like you. But, I know there is much more to you than a pretty face.

Quote:
For myself I imported my phone from Britain, its unbranded and unlocked and I also rooted it. Steve Jobs will not be telling me what I can or cannot do! Anyhow, they are good phone and I'm just teasing you which I'm sure you knew.
Yes, I know. I get it from my dh too. He kept trying to get me to buy a storm. OTOH, it's entirely his fault any way. I wanted nothing to do with these gadgets, but he got me an ipod for Christmas. I found the utility in it rather quickly and now, what's done is done.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I agree that it's very important for men to have social support systems. Women do appear to fair better in that area. I see it with my own husband. He has some great friends, but he doesn't like talking on the phone and doesn't make a great effort to touch base with regularity. It's not good.
It is. Women don't have to have a reason to get together, they just do it. Women can get together for no reason at all, just to be in each other's company. Men, for the most part have to have a reason to want to meet up with their friends. Otherwise, it's nothing for a man to not touch base with regularity.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
It is. Women don't have to have a reason to get together, they just do it. Women can get together for no reason at all, just to be in each other's company. Men, for the most part have to have a reason to want to meet up with their friends. Otherwise, it's nothing for a man to not touch base with regularity.
Exactly! There must be a party or an event. That's how it goes with him to a T. I do throw a few parties through out the year, but it's not enough to really retain close ties with these guys. I call my gf's all the time. If I'm cleaning the house, it's a perfect time to shoot the breeze.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:43 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
If you don't want to get married and/or are against marriage, just don't get married.

I'm "anti" a LOT of things for myself, but I don't make it cause to repeatedly post and argue, and I certainly don't think my personal decisions are right for others.

I'm pro-marriage, had a good one, and hope for another. But certainly don't think it's right for everyone.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM

550 posts, read 604,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
We're getting pretty far afield here when there really isn't much reason to make this complicated.
LOL!! Awesome.....

Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,893 times
I notice that in this thread, all or most of the women are agreeing with one another. Maybe means nothing.

Western society gives women more support systems than men. That's why men feel less connected to society than women.

Males are 10x more likely to commit suicide following a divorce than women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships