Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 08:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like cursing, its fun and I'm a cursing kind of dude, but yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

He actually has some talent. I'm a stand up comedy fan, big time, I study it, so to speak, and not a whole lot of guys out there have a natural funniness, not like Brian.

I love black comedians, but too many of them rely on hack jokes making fun of whites... Richard Pryor did that shyt back in the 70's, he did it well... but it's been done to death lately......

It has gotten so damn hack......
I still believe Richard's best bit is him running down the street caught on fire.

You know I'm not a big fan of many black comedians because of that. Yeah Richard was the guy who made it hilarious, but now so many other black comedians are doing it, and it's just getting old.

Brian Regan has become my favorite stand up comedian. I managed to lure my best friend to him also. We both now spout random bits from his specials. They're just as good when we quote them as he says them.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:47 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Plus, he rarely curses. At least from what I've watched and heard from him. That's pretty awesome since most comedians has to curse every other line.
My brother brought that to my attention. I hadn't noticed. I don't mind cursing if it's funny and not used just for the sake of cursing, over and over. But I love Brian Regan. I laugh through his entire show. That doesn't happen a lot. He's quality.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
My brother brought that to my attention. I hadn't noticed. I don't mind cursing if it's funny and not used just for the sake of cursing, over and over. But I love Brian Regan. I laugh through his entire show. That doesn't happen a lot. He's quality.
You know how I don't like?

Jim Gaffigan.

I don't understand why he's so funny. His Hot pocket skit is OK, but he's too weird for me to laugh at his skits.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

Jim Gaffigan.

I don't understand why he's so funny. His Hot pocket skit is OK, but he's too weird for me to laugh at his skits.
(in whispery voice)

"He's weird"......

LOL, I like the guy..... he talks about food, how bad is that??????

Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:

Jim Gaffigan.

Say it isn't so! I love him! He's another one who makes me laugh through the whole show. And he's food-obsessed. We almost saw him live, too, but we cheesed up.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
(in whispery voice)

"He's weird"......

LOL, I like the guy..... he talks about food, how bad is that??????
Quote:
Say it isn't so! I love him! He's another one who makes me laugh through the whole show. And he's food-obsessed. We almost saw him live, too, but we cheesed up.

That's why. That whispery voice he does after everything he does is too awkward for me. If he eliminated that voice he does at the end of a bit I would laugh more. But when he goes into his voice at the end I go back to that awkward feeling I had the last time he did it.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
That's why. That whispery voice he does after everything he does is too awkward for me. If he eliminated that voice he does at the end of a bit I would laugh more. But when he goes into his voice at the end I go back to that awkward feeling I had the last time he did it.
Haha, I can see your point. He sure doesn't let up on it.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Haha, I can see your point. He sure doesn't let up on it.
He doesn't!

And it's awkward!

It's the awkward feeling I don't want to have while listening to comedy!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I really love stand ups.... I listed them as one of my heros in my profile.

To make people laugh.... it's a great gift.

I have the fellas at work in stitches quite a bit.

It makes me happy....

I think I need to head over to the "what makes you happy" thread.....

Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I really love stand ups.... I listed them as one of my heros in my profile.

To make people laugh.... it's a great gift.

I have the fellas at work in stitches quite a bit.

It makes me happy....

I think I need to head over to the "what makes you happy" thread.....
I'm the same way.

I love making others laugh, even at the expense of myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships