Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I watched Paranormal Activity on Netflix streaming a couple of weeks ago. It's one of those movies that's really creepy while you're watching it, but then afterward it all falls apart. You start thinking, "there was really only one dude in all of Southern California who could help them, and he was out of town? Google somebody else!"

In other forum news, there's yet another "man vs. woman" thread, and I stupidly jump right in. Oy. Why do I do that? Probably this: xkcd: Duty Calls
I had the same "stick one's foot in one's mouth" happened to me 2 days ago and I had to apologize before I get pelted with stones so to speak!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I watched Paranormal Activity on Netflix streaming a couple of weeks ago. It's one of those movies that's really creepy while you're watching it, but then afterward it all falls apart. You start thinking, "there was really only one dude in all of Southern California who could help them, and he was out of town? Google somebody else!"

In other forum news, there's yet another "man vs. woman" thread, and I stupidly jump right in. Oy. Why do I do that? Probably this: xkcd: Duty Calls
I love that toon.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I can definitely relate!
We lived in Europe for 5 years and while we were house hunting the first few days after we arrived, there was this 17th century house that we looked at to rent. The minute we stepped into the front door...my husband and I could immediately feel an oppressive, heavy air or presence that was not welcoming at all. I don't know if it was just our imagination running wild because it was such an old house, but we decided not to take it.
Anyway, we ended up renting a house that was a little newer...lol (about a 100 or 150 year old) and we still experienced door slamming for no reason at all or the smell of armpit (European smell during winter before indoor plumbing and hot water were in vogue, no joke!) when nobody else is around and no close neighbors to blame it on, this is after smelling myself to make sure it was not me. We eventually got used to it and ignored it all together.
I recall as a kid three pointed head ghost figures coming into my bedroom and messing with the window A/C unit. I was absolutely terrified, and swore it was a bad dream even though I was wide awake. I tried explaining this to my dad and he wasn't having any part of it.
This same house was occupied by an elderly couple, my parents bought the place after the wife died and the husband's ghost paid a couple of visits, according to my mom. She said she could feel him sit down on the bed and she finally told him by name to go away that his wife was no longer here. The ghost didn't reappear after that.

Last week my mom informed me the people who bought their former home, where I grew up (not the one above), was being visited by my sister's ghost. Since my sister was a major slob I had to ask how was she sure it was actually her, were they finding their stuff in the floor?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Last week my mom informed me the people who bought their former home, where I grew up (not the one above), was being visited by my sister's ghost. Since my sister was a major slob I had to ask how was she sure it was actually her, were they finding their stuff in the floor?
Though humorous...if indeed ghostly phenomenon is real, you asked the right question!

btw - is this thread experiencing a massive regular posters walk-out?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:29 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
btw - is this thread experiencing a massive regular posters walk-out?
I wonder that too. I didn't get a memo.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:39 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Though humorous...if indeed ghostly phenomenon is real, you asked the right question!
When I said that my mom just rolled her eyes at me. The puzzling thing is why she would visit there, she died in TX, not in that house.

I had to go to the 2nd page to find the thread. I think Raena scared off Si by telling her our friendly banter meant I liked her.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I wonder that too. I didn't get a memo.
I'm fairly new in this forum, still trying to get to know the posters. I kind of enjoyed the sardonic wits displayed here, which made this thread a unique lurking read. A sign of quick minds.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:

I had to go to the 2nd page to find the thread. I think Raena scared off Si by telling her our friendly banter meant I liked her.
Huh? Can you expound on that a bit...I'm dense at times.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
"Si" and "scared" don't belong in the same sentence!

Quote:
I'm fairly new in this forum, still trying to get to know the posters. I kind of enjoyed the sardonic wits displayed here, which made this thread a unique lurking read. A sign of quick minds.
Afraid those days are over...

Old 10-07-2011, 04:14 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Afraid those days are over...

Oh, no! Is Prince Frog leaving?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships