Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 06:40 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol who needs a hat?
It worked for LL Cool J. He reinvented the stare and the licking of lips.

But imagine a dread-headed guy like me doing that. The best I would get is.

and then , not to mention
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Well, with the broader knowledge of the variety of humans in this world, not only would it take a particular kind of man to pull it off (and I can think of more examples than just Bowie!) but he would need to pick his subject with extreme care. Many women would not be receptive to it.

As with most variations on the concept of the "approach" (which still strikes me as such a silly thing, the way it gets talked about) possibly the single most key vital important critical component, is being able to read your subject of interest, and respond to her cues. If you know how to look, people will tell you a ton without speaking a single word.

I think part of the reason that there's a smidge of "yum" for me in thinking about the whole predatory gaze and primal stalking (not like creepy, harassment type stalking) is just the era I grew up in and the stuff I grew up enjoying that shaped a lot of my sexuality. Not just Labyrinth, though that could have been one of the most powerful early films to touch on the idea, but all that sexy vampire stuff of the 90's before the emo kids took over and injected the genre with sparkles and bubblegum. Gary Oldman as Dracula, some of the scenes out of The Lost Boys, and Interview With a Vampire...that kind of stuff was big in my teenage years. The whole vampire thing was very sexual, it was basically all about seduction.
I was born in the 80s but grew up throughout the late 80s, 90s. I listen to some of the songs for example of that 80s era...Yikes?

Even some of the singers cringe at the songs they performed back in the 80s (Sting for example). I think that kind of behavior was a little more acceptable back then. It was when it has led to certain extremes with a celebrity that laws have been made for it.

Old 11-13-2018, 07:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
It worked for LL Cool J. He reinvented the stare and the licking of lips.

But imagine a dread-headed guy like me doing that. The best I would get is.

and then , not to mention
Yeah he's doing it and doing it and doing it well........

Um no, many of us would like it. Do you play football?

Old 11-14-2018, 01:13 AM

3,076 posts, read 1,684,531 times
If I think he's observing me because he likes my looks then I don't care. He can look to his heart's content. I don't even mind the occasional cat calls or honks. 'Predatory', though, is another matter. Not even sure what the OP means by this unless it's someone that looks like a possible stalker. And, no, I wouldn't like that.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah he's doing it and doing it and doing it well........

Um no, many of us would like it. Do you play football?
No, but I used to practice martial arts. I'm gonna get back into it for the confidence. I need confidence to do anything for the ladies.

As of right now, I look kinda doughy and fluffy. I have lost a little weight, but I still got a ways to go with the tightening.

It's getting cold where I'm at so I have to cover up. I figure I could do the coccoon effect for the winter then, when spring comes and it gets warmer, Unveil myself, stare licking lips and everything.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
If I think he's observing me because he likes my looks then I don't care. He can look to his heart's content. I don't even mind the occasional cat calls or honks. 'Predatory', though, is another matter. Not even sure what the OP means by this unless it's someone that looks like a possible stalker. And, no, I wouldn't like that.
There was a point when I got the female equivalent of catcallers and they did so much my expression was

But now, all I get is the 'potential stalker' type.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:32 AM

16 posts, read 8,358 times
I'm not cool with it. It depends on the situation/context.

Got a neighbor who has an 18 year old son - sags his pants and (I have heard from a friend) his dad is in prison.

That said, I've been in a few fights over the years and I've been tempted to tell him to mind his manners lest I knock his head off...but I'm being the bigger man as at one point I was 18, and I know he's just a kid.

In general, though, I don't like it, and I am a bit of a hot head who wouldn't mind getting in a scrap for old time's sake!

Old 11-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW51 View Post
I'm not cool with it. It depends on the situation/context.

Got a neighbor who has an 18 year old son - sags his pants and (I have heard from a friend) his dad is in prison.

That said, I've been in a few fights over the years and I've been tempted to tell him to mind his manners lest I knock his head off...but I'm being the bigger man as at one point I was 18, and I know he's just a kid.

In general, though, I don't like it, and I am a bit of a hot head who wouldn't mind getting in a scrap for old time's sake!
When it comes to kids and young people, I give it a pass. But people (guys) my age and in their forties staring me down, I tend to call them out and see what their issue is. In many cases, guys are looking for ways to establish their dominance (in my area). I used to let it slide all the time, but I've noticed that people been messing with me in ways (behind my back) that are actually painful. So I am more likely to call them out every once in a while. That seems to reduce the 'unsolved mysteries' or 'acts of God' in my life.

Sometimes, they tend to get aggressive (normally when they're twice my size). That's when I observe the surroundings and find a hidden place to have it out. Two of us enter, only one of us leaves...at a time.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:50 AM

16 posts, read 8,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
When it comes to kids and young people, I give it a pass. But people (guys) my age and in their forties staring me down, I tend to call them out and see what their issue is. In many cases, guys are looking for ways to establish their dominance (in my area). I used to let it slide all the time, but I've noticed that people been messing with me in ways (behind my back) that are actually painful. So I am more likely to call them out every once in a while. That seems to reduce the 'unsolved mysteries' or 'acts of God' in my life.

Sometimes, they tend to get aggressive (normally when they're twice my size). That's when I observe the surroundings and find a hidden place to have it out. Two of us enter, only one of us leaves...at a time.
You just gotta make sure you don't pull an amateur MMA fighter's card...because those guys are out there.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW51 View Post
You just gotta make sure you don't pull an amateur MMA fighter's card...because those guys are out there.
I know to keep my mouth shut and let guys figure out for themselves who they are dealing with. It's typically quick, rarely leads to blows. The person typically walks away knowing for certain that he was in a fight. He will have that reminder for days.

...so will I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships