Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 03:57 PM

861 posts, read 1,123,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Why would someone stare a woman down in a predatory way unless they were gonna like... kill them or something? There is a difference between "making eyes" at someone and giving them an "I'm definitely gonna stalk you later" stare.
The predatory stare means I want to have sex with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
do you get scared or uncomfortable when you sense that a guy is staring you down in a predatory way?
Don't like it. Think if the guy is interested, he could come up with a better way of letting me know than gawking at me.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:52 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,272 times
probably depends on the guy who does it. One guy can do it and come across as a creep, and another guy can do it and make the girl swoon. "stare down" might not be quite the appropriate term though, that just sounds aggressive

Old 09-05-2011, 05:59 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
The predatory stare means I want to have sex with you.
There are easier ways to get laid than to stare creepily at a woman for 30 minutes at the bar... like actually talking to her.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
There are easier ways to get laid than to stare creepily at a woman for 30 minutes at the bar... like actually talking to her.
you can tell anything you need to know first by looking at her, making eye contact. that will save you a lot of time and bought drinks

Old 09-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
you can tell anything you need to know first by looking at her, making eye contact. that will save you a lot of time and bought drinks
Depends on the woman... just staring at them won't do you any good. making eye contact is good, but if all you do is look at her she'll wonder wtf your problem is and why you aren't approaching her.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:39 PM

861 posts, read 1,123,995 times
Quote:
Depends on the woman... just staring at them won't do you any good. making eye contact is good, but if all you do is look at her she'll wonder wtf your problem is and why you aren't approaching her.
I wish alll guys knew this

Old 09-05-2011, 06:40 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
I wish alll guys knew this
Yeah, he's a young dude and he got it.

I know guys in the 40's that haven't yet.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
i don't mean staring at her dumbly like you're a cow. i mean looking into her eyes and usually you can tell immediately whether she is up for talking to you or whatever or not

Old 09-05-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
i don't mean staring at her dumbly like you're a cow. i mean looking into her eyes and usually you can tell immediately whether she is up for talking to you or whatever or not

...just looking at them DOES NOT WORK. Well, not in MY age group. If I look at her and I like what I see, I'll go over regardless of whether she "looks" like she wants to talk. Women my age like to play games and sometimes they look away if you try to make eye contact- the whole "playing hard to get" thing (which is BS, and I refuse to play back.)

Just make an approach... sheesh. If she isn't into going home with you (if that's what you're after), she might be down for introducing you to a woman who is, or she might know a really nice woman who would suit you better. Female "wingmen" are awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships