Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 PM

541 posts, read 941,605 times

Advertisements

Then you realize after the fact that you shouldnt have done that. For me, I think I wasnt natural and really didnt go with the flow. I think my problem I just pursue a guy only for a relationship and not getting to know him 1st. Whatever. Majority of the guys I had crushes on in high school or jr high I wonder what the hell was I thinking. Was I on crack for liking you or something. Expect One. I still prefer him I still want to be with him after so many years have passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 09:35 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,786,360 times
I can write a book on some of my experiences as a teenager. In 7th grade I had a huge crush on a blond haired, blue eyed boy who sat behind me in Math class. One day I overheard him talking to other classmates about going skateboarding at the town park on weekends. Instead of just flirting like most girls do, I ran to Sports Authority and blew my entire allowance on a skateboard, then started taking it to the town park every weekend with the hope of "bumping" into him..

Nevermind the fact that i didnt even know HOW to ride a skateboard and the one day i ran into him at the park, he just saw me falling flat on my face as i tried to stay balanced...instead of liking me, he mocked me and i never lived it down for that entire school year..

Old 09-27-2011, 01:35 AM

46 posts, read 120,086 times
This wasn't me but I once had a girl behind me in algebra class just up and start giving me a massage in the middle of class while the teacher was lecturing. This was like 9th grade and there were only 15 people in the class.

I was stupid and told her to please stop.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,912,410 times
Jumping out of a plane at 12k feet. . . . .

She was interested for a while but now long gone.

I came to realize that everyone comes into your life for a reason. Four years and over 1,200 jumps later, hotter women than her are now regularly interested. . . ha ha! Life is strange.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:28 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
In fifth grade, I pretended to like basketball in order to impress a classmate who'd invited me to play with him and his friends one day. After that I actually DID start liking basketball. Go figure...

A similar story with a guy in ninth grade who liked snowboarding, except that I never went with him. Nevertheless snowboarding is still one of my favorite things to do (when I can afford it).

Oh and of course my classmate senior year who liked Pink Floyd, and while I always did like them, I became a die-hard fan after I found out he really liked them. Me and my friend (not in his class) even did a presentation on them even though I was really stuck on the band Poison at that time and would've rather done a presentation on them.

Yep I had issues back then... I guess I credit these guys for helping turn me into the well-rounded person I am today.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:07 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
I had a crush on my business law and college marketing teacher back in high school. I would dress more mature; mature as in professional (it wasn't uncommon for me to be mistaken as a teacher.) I would go to the library and take out books on marketing; Big, boring books that you have to read, not want to read, in the hopes of impressing him. I even went to the extent of wearing fake glasses to look smarter (hey, I need all the help I can get in the brains department. It was worth a shot! ) He was around 20 plus years my senior and married with children. I wasn't looking for anything at 16 (I had never even kissed a guy), I guess I just wanted him to be attracted to me.

I ended up getting my degree in marketing and married a "marketing" guy (he knows his Four Ps. )

Oddly enough as I got older, when I had an interest in someone I often shied away from them. I had a huge crush on Dave Fiore in college (he later went on to play for the 49ers) and my sister and other friends were friendly with him and they wanted to hook us up, but I threatened them all with bodily harm if they told him anything.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 09-27-2011 at 08:17 AM..

Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM

819 posts, read 1,130,226 times
I watched The Notebook with a girl to get laid. True story.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 PM

529 posts, read 1,301,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
I watched The Notebook with a girl to get laid. True story.
Same here, except with "Vagina Monologues."

Old 09-27-2011, 01:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
Then you realize after the fact that you shouldnt have done that. For me, I think I wasnt natural and really didnt go with the flow. I think my problem I just pursue a guy only for a relationship and not getting to know him 1st. Whatever. Majority of the guys I had crushes on in high school or jr high I wonder what the hell was I thinking. Was I on crack for liking you or something. Expect One. I still prefer him I still want to be with him after so many years have passed.
I woke up early on my day off for a lunch date.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:01 PM

541 posts, read 941,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Jumping out of a plane at 12k feet. . . . .

She was interested for a while but now long gone.

I came to realize that everyone comes into your life for a reason. Four years and over 1,200 jumps later, hotter women than her are now regularly interested. . . ha ha! Life is strange.

That is strange. I liked this guy in elementary school for 2 years but he was just a freaking jerk. Then in jr high someone hotter than him liked me which was totally unexpected. : )
I wonder why I liked that geeky ass guy in 4th - 6th grade. What a waste of time. I went to high school with him too what a freaking loser. Years after high school. I looked him up on facebook he looks like a dweeb. The jr high guy still has it . Too bad we will not together. But I wish the jr high guy the best even though we probably will never be together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships