Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,736,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I can get 1,2,3s to drool over me. It takes no effort.
4 and 5s takes some effort
I attracted several 7s they blow you off if you can't hold their interest.
8-10s it ain't happening.
I'm still not understanding how you are any different from the women you claim are more superficial than you.

Quote:
Women are just as if not more superficial then men. I don't mean it in a bitter way, it's just what I have experienced. Before I could not get any women to notice me. One example would be trying to be friendly with a cashier and she wouldn't give me any eye contact or smile at me at all. Now I can be as rude or cold as I want to be and they will give me eye contact and smile.

Nearly all women treat you as if you don't exist when your unattractive. They go out of their way to physically avoid you, not make any eye contact, or smile. Their pretty much cold and give you smug looks like your nothing when your unattractive. They don't even want to be around you. You can be as friendly as you want to be but they will still look at you with disgust.
You said you were a 2. Women who were more attractive than you ignored you or looked down on you.

Now you look down on 2s because you think they are fat, ugly, don't try, etc. They are "backup bootycalls," as you said in another post. You might look at them because you like the attention they give you, but you do not see them as your equals and believe that you deserve someone who is at least as attractive as you are.

I'm not knocking you. I think that's pretty normal, actually. I just think you need to be honest with yourself.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,022,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm still not understanding how you are any different from the women you claim are more superficial than you.

You said you were a 2. Women who were more attractive than you ignored you or looked down on you.

Now you look down on 2s because you think they are fat, ugly, don't try, etc. They are "backup bootycalls," as you said in another post. You might look at them because you like the attention they give you, but you do not see them as your equals and believe that you deserve someone who is at least as attractive as you are.

I'm not knocking you. I think that's pretty normal, actually. I just think you need to be honest with yourself.

I will be with a 3,4, or 5. The thing is I went through a very harsh 22 years of being a 2 because of acne, skin marks, bad teeth, etc. etc.. No woman would cut me a break so why should I do the same?

On top of that I didn't complain about it I just simply did the research and became what women want so I can get women above 2 caliber.

I was joking about the back up bootycall but women who are 2s can be just as superficial or mean as a 7. Only difference is 2s have to settle with what they can attract or be lonely.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:32 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,035,300 times
Ranking your physical attractiveness on a 1-10 scale and thinking that every woman who ranks more than a couple points below you will drool over you and that every woman who ranks more than a couple points above you will blow you off is absurdly over-simplistic to the point of being ridiculous.

I'm a decent looking guy. No threat to Brad Pitt, but I'm in good physical shape, have a decent face, and no major physical flaws. I don't know or care how I would rank from 1-10, but I can tell you this. I've been turned down by chunky "Plain Jane" type chicks. I've also had extremely attractive women practically beg me to go home with them. And I've had these two scenarios play out on the very same night, MANY times.

Attraction cannot be quantified on a 1-10 scale. For one thing, the chicks that you're calling "twos" might be sixes to another guy. You call yourself a 6 now, but Julia may think you're only a 4. On the other hand, Cindy may think you're an 8. It's all subjective. One man's turd is another man's treasure, or however the old saying goes.

The bottom line is, hit the gym, take care of your skin and teeth, find a style that suits you, and get out there and make it happen. Hit on the chicks that YOU find attractive and don't worry what your "numerical rank" is in comparison to theirs. It's a numbers game and if you hit on enough chicks, you will have success. Don't overthink things.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,757,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I'm attracting both older and younger as well.
Oh right, like the 30 year old in the workplace and what a mess that turned out to be ...

Nonetheless, as amusing as your rating theory is, the point HAS been raised on this thread about the total superficiality of rating someone based solely on their looks. Superficially you may well, with your new improved looks, be attractive to the sort of women who wouldn't give you a second look before your transformation. In order to keep the attention of such a companion, however, your next session of improvement should be devoted to what's inside the box.

With all due respect you come across as a very arrogant young man with an overinflated sense of self which not only isn't very attractive but also seems unwarranted. If your face to face communication skills are as limited as your grammar, double trouble. The fact that you seemed to think it was perfectly normal to send a woman who spurned your advances a photo of your genitals is unfathomable, while living beyond your financial means to the extent that you have difficulty paying your rent is hardly an endearing quality. You may think you're a good catch but I can see you being thrown back into the water as an inferior bite way more often than being landed.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh right, like the 30 year old in the workplace and what a mess that turned out to be ...

Nonetheless, as amusing as your rating theory is, the point HAS been raised on this thread about the total superficiality of rating someone based solely on their looks. Superficially you may well, with your new improved looks, be attractive to the sort of women who wouldn't give you a second look before your transformation. In order to keep the attention of such a companion, however, your next session of improvement should be devoted to what's inside the box.

With all due respect you come across as a very arrogant young man with an overinflated sense of self which not only isn't very attractive but also seems unwarranted. If your face to face communication skills are as limited as your grammar, double trouble. The fact that you seemed to think it was perfectly normal to send a woman who spurned your advances a photo of your genitals is unfathomable, while living beyond your financial means to the extent that you have difficulty paying your rent is hardly an endearing quality. You may think you're a good catch but I can see you being thrown back into the water as an inferior bite way more often than being landed.

1)I'm not perfect.
2) She didn't spurn my advances until I sent the picture.
3) I live in ct there's nothing I can do about the COL.
4) I'm making an effort.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Ranking your physical attractiveness on a 1-10 scale and thinking that every woman who ranks more than a couple points below you will drool over you and that every woman who ranks more than a couple points above you will blow you off is absurdly over-simplistic to the point of being ridiculous.

I'm a decent looking guy. No threat to Brad Pitt, but I'm in good physical shape, have a decent face, and no major physical flaws. I don't know or care how I would rank from 1-10, but I can tell you this. I've been turned down by chunky "Plain Jane" type chicks. I've also had extremely attractive women practically beg me to go home with them. And I've had these two scenarios play out on the very same night, MANY times.

Attraction cannot be quantified on a 1-10 scale. For one thing, the chicks that you're calling "twos" might be sixes to another guy. You call yourself a 6 now, but Julia may think you're only a 4. On the other hand, Cindy may think you're an 8. It's all subjective. One man's turd is another man's treasure, or however the old saying goes.

The bottom line is, hit the gym, take care of your skin and teeth, find a style that suits you, and get out there and make it happen. Hit on the chicks that YOU find attractive and don't worry what your "numerical rank" is in comparison to theirs. It's a numbers game and if you hit on enough chicks, you will have success. Don't overthink things.
Good point.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,511,277 times
The OP is spot on, like it or not. I was never ugly, though my attractiveness grew when my skin cleared up and I grew. Women are the more superficial sex. Between social status, income, hobbies, who your friends are, what kind of car you drive, house, etc; women are easily more shallow. Guys may be more shallow when it comes to looks, but they generally don't care about the rest.

If you're a very good looking guy, you can get away with the rest in most cases because good looks is a form of status.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 AM

22,363 posts, read 29,487,050 times
OP-Good for you!!! It's good to have that confidence and get attention isn't it?? Keep it up!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
The OP is spot on, like it or not. I was never ugly, though my attractiveness grew when my skin cleared up and I grew. Women are the more superficial sex. Between social status, income, hobbies, who your friends are, what kind of car you drive, house, etc; women are easily more shallow. Guys may be more shallow when it comes to looks, but they generally don't care about the rest.

If you're a very good looking guy, you can get away with the rest in most cases because good looks is a form of status.
Exactly. Your either good looking or you have a nice car, good job, and good social status. Kudos if you have all the assets but its a major misconception that men are more shallow then women when I lived both lives. I cringe every time I hear that false statement.

In the least we are equally superficial.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,989,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
like it or not. I was never ugly,
I found this humourous for some reason...... Not that I disagree with you or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.