Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,743,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I like humor as well as anyone else and one incident might be laughable--in a shrugging you off sort of way. But, seriously, it has little to do with eggs.

She asked, she might just want to reconsider her approach. I'm sure she's a good person. Why hide it with a high and mighty, snobby attitude? And probably a contrived one at that.
Well I agree. But I just see it as prissy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
You're comfortable around them because YOU are one of those people. It's not what you say but how you say it. Period.
Oh like rudely putting "period" at the end of your statement?

I like to hear opinions. And since you don't know me you can't really say who I am. A lot of communication facilitators are lost in type. And as you said, its how you say it.

So op...you being too dead serious when you say these things? Making sour puss face? Cause those are the only two things I don't do. With the food is crap thing I make it a fact because well...I judge it by that and share those facts.

I don't share your shoe snobbery. I love great deals and find that brands are not always indicative of quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,743,171 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with being a snob of any kind. The problem is when you try to depict yourself as such. It comes across as contrived, as if you're trying to impress someone with your wonderful taste. But the price is too high. Just enjoy your snobbery and let others enjoy theirs. I'm a coffee snob, but I don't put down others choices in coffee to build myself up. That's the difference. I'm sure it's probably an age related thing in this instance. Let's hope.
I'm disappointed in you as a fellow coffee snob. Jamaican blue or bust! LOL

Maybe as something social that would be a healthy way to engage in personal challenges with food snobbery would to go to like minds. Attend coffee and wine tastings. They love to hash it out about aspects of beverage and whats "the best". Getting out that aggressive side in the appropriate setting may tame it down for other settings.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,375,392 times
"She likes what she likes but she has no tact.

Sunflower, the world doesn't give a rat's arse what you like. Seriously. If you can't say something nice, or you can't express your tastes in a way that is not snotty, condescending, insulting, hurtful, or offensive to others, shut up.

Oh, was that tactless of me? Tsk. I thought I was being straightforward and direct."

REP! REP! REP! REP! You deserve a gazillion for this post, Yzette!!!!!

Excellent! Right on! Spot on!! PERFECTION!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 10:33 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,047,028 times
I'm disappointed in you as a fellow coffee snob. Jamaican blue or bust! LOL

No no no, there are far too many to choose just one; La Minita Terrazu... Sumatra... among others.
It's brands I'm a snob over. Kaladi Bros. is the best I've ever had--so far.

Maybe as something social that would be a healthy way to engage in personal challenges with food snobbery would to go to like minds. Attend coffee and wine tastings. They love to hash it out about aspects of beverage and whats "the best".

True, but the difference is, they go there with that expectation or intention.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,124,179 times
Default I'm I really conceited and if so is that a terrible trait to have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
She likes what she likes but she has no tact.

Sunflower, the world doesn't give a rat's arse what you like. Seriously. If you can't say something nice, or you can't express your tastes in a way that is not snotty, condescending, insulting, hurtful, or offensive to others, shut up.

Oh, was that tactless of me? Tsk. I thought I was being straightforward and direct.
I second everything you said. Sometimes a straightforward and direct comment to your friends make you look like a snot, spoiled brat, or worse...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:35 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,254,507 times
Quote:
True, but the difference is, they go there with that expectation or intention.
I'm sure the causes vary wildly, but it has me curious how/why social graces are natural for some and not so much for others.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I second everything you said. Sometimes a straightforward and direct comment to your friends make you look like a snot, spoiled brat, or worse...
...or like, "Hey everybody! Look at me! Don't I have high standards and expensive taste?"

Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM

2,251 posts, read 6,973,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm sure the causes vary wildly, but it has me curious how/why social graces are natural for some and not so much for others.
Its all about parental upbringing...it always is.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Hmm mm Can't blame parents for everything. At some point they break away and reinvent themselves. Buck the system.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:43 AM

7,965 posts, read 11,754,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I don't believe this for one second. In some cases, it's parental upbringing. In some cases, it's rebellion against their upbringing. Some people simply see no value in social graces as it's a complete waste of their time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships