Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 08:09 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times

Advertisements

I'm quite sure your behavior could be summed up by a word ending in "syndome", "behavior", or -path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I'm quite sure your behavior could be summed up by a word ending in "syndome", "behavior", or -path.
Am I reading the same post as others? I just don't see the big deal with what the OP said to her good friend. Now if he/she was saying this to say a boss or acquaintance, sure, that would be rude.

You're supposed to be able to share your opinion on things with good friends, sometimes even bluntly, depending on the friend.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Am I reading the same post as others? I just don't see the big deal with what the OP said to her good friend. Now if he/she was saying this to say a boss or acquaintance, sure, that would be rude.

You're supposed to be able to share your opinion on things with good friends, sometimes even bluntly, depending on the friend.
Sure, if asked, What do you think of what I'm eating? Otherwise, keep it to yourself. How often do you hear people ask that? It's just tactless, narcissistic, rude and presumptuous to think everyone wants to know what you think of what they're eating.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:25 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:

Maybe they aren't as good of friends as the OP thought.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:27 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:

Sure you are, but when you lack the ability to use tact and are constantly hurting those around you with your blunt, "unfiltered" responses, there's something wrong. Rude is rude and sharing your opinion should not include demeaning others in the process. Opinion includes....I prefer this place, it does not include badgering and putting down other people's preferences.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:32 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
No, you're not conceited. You're just rude and inconsiderate of people's feelings when being straight foward. Just ignore it if you don't like how he eats his food or what he chooses to buy with his money. If you KNOW for certain that a certain brand isn't good for your feet (or whatever), advise him with facts in a nice way. Not by telling him what you buy is better. It comes off as snotty, and it is a unattractive trait to have. Perhaps this is a good time for you to learn to think before you say things and learn to accept what people like and what you like.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:41 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
It's been a long while since being absent from this site... anyways....

It was my male childhood friend (let's call him J) that recently told me I'm like that sometimes or a bit greedy.

I think this was after how once him and some co-workers were eating breakfast and said I can joined in. I was straight forward saying I don't eat eggs stained with sausage and how I don't like anything. Or the time someone said how come I go for the cheaper menu at my work instead of buying expensive chinese food.. and I said ''Because I simply don't... I'm into complicated dishes not simple ones I freely eat at home.

Or how J stated explaining the places he goes eating. I just was straight forward about how crappy & unhealthy it is and how I only go on specific places (if I recalled, I kinda found it somewhat funny when he told me those places so I laughed a bit)... then went on explaining that usually foods that cost more are better in quality. The truth is he got sick a couple days ago from eating junk.

Honestly there are only 2 things I'm very picky on.
1) Food... I'll go out of my way to try different plates not many eat which is more expensive but I don't care
2) When it comes to Sneakers... I only like sketchers, new balance, reebox, nike, or puma... not some cheap sneaker with no brand on it (ex: Payless Shoes store... unless I was terribly poor)
I wouldn't even want to bother with someone who had a fit about food conversations. Jeesh. Its an opinion. Not fighting words. Those people need to get some real problems and a sense of humor to boot. You just sound princessy. I personally file comments from people with that attitude with a grain of salt.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:47 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I wouldn't even want to bother with someone who had a fit about food conversations. Jeesh. Its an opinion. Not fighting words. Those people need to get some real problems and a sense of humor to boot. You just sound princessy. I personally file comments from people with that attitude with a grain of salt.
A fit? For your information, she asked for opinions here. We answered. We didn't seek her out offering unsolicited opinions. Princessy? LOL No, princesses are far more dignified in their speech. This is just obnoxious and overbearing. You defend it but I bet you wouldn't be able to handle someone doing that to you for long, either.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:48 AM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Not to get too lost in logistics, but I think that the OP is using a bad choice of words. Opinionated and a little snotty is a better way of describing it.

I think she needs to stand back and get out of "me" world, like others have said, the world doesn't really care if you're a sketchers kind of gal or about the food snobbery.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
A fit? For your information, she asked for opinions here. We answered. We didn't seek her out offering unsolicited opinions. Princessy? LOL No, princesses are far more dignified in their speech. This is just obnoxious and overbearing. You defend it but I bet you wouldn't be able to handle someone doing that to you for long, either.
Yeh...and I gave my opinion. Sorry it didn't tie into the majority? LOL. Princessy is another word for bratty.
I dunno..people like this just make me laugh because i don't take it seriously.
I personally am more comfortable around brats and opinionated people. How boring to be surrounded by yes men. Like the eggs example. I probably would of just laughed and teased her about it lighly. Its just eggs for heavens sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships