Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,143 times

Advertisements

It's been a long while since being absent from this site... anyways....

It was my male childhood friend (let's call him J) that recently told me I'm like that sometimes or a bit greedy.

I think this was after how once him and some co-workers were eating breakfast and said I can joined in. I was straight forward saying I don't eat eggs stained with sausage and how I don't like anything. Or the time someone said how come I go for the cheaper menu at my work instead of buying expensive chinese food.. and I said ''Because I simply don't... I'm into complicated dishes not simple ones I freely eat at home.

Or how J stated explaining the places he goes eating. I just was straight forward about how crappy & unhealthy it is and how I only go on specific places (if I recalled, I kinda found it somewhat funny when he told me those places so I laughed a bit)... then went on explaining that usually foods that cost more are better in quality. The truth is he got sick a couple days ago from eating junk.

Honestly there are only 2 things I'm very picky on.
1) Food... I'll go out of my way to try different plates not many eat which is more expensive but I don't care
2) When it comes to Sneakers... I only like sketchers, new balance, reebox, nike, or puma... not some cheap sneaker with no brand on it (ex: Payless Shoes store... unless I was terribly poor)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,593,640 times
Good to see a post that isn't about some kind of revenge.

You like what you like, nothing wrong with that.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:04 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,283,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Good to see a post that isn't about some kind of revenge.

You like what you like, nothing wrong with that.
She likes what she likes but she has no tact.

Sunflower, the world doesn't give a rat's arse what you like. Seriously. If you can't say something nice, or you can't express your tastes in a way that is not snotty, condescending, insulting, hurtful, or offensive to others, shut up.

Oh, was that tactless of me? Tsk. I thought I was being straightforward and direct.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,593,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
She likes what she likes but she has no tact.

Sunflower, the world doesn't give a rat's arse what you like. Seriously. If you can't say something nice, or you can't express your tastes in a way that is not snotty, condescending, insulting, hurtful, or offensive to others, shut up.

Oh, was that tactless of me? Tsk.
Yeah, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt, but you're right.

The revenge posts of the past were psychotic.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:13 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,081,322 times
You do understand the sausage and eggs will get mixed up in your stomach right?

Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,317,774 times
Would you want to be around someone like you?

Old 10-07-2011, 02:28 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,246,356 times
Maybe conceitedness is not the problem but straight forwardness is. People may take offense in it.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,317,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
Maybe conceitedness is not the problem but straight forwardness is. People may take offense in it.
I see her comments as rude and condescending; at best, she lacks tact.
You can let your preferences be known without being a jerk about it.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:47 AM

10,216 posts, read 17,916,151 times
If your friend feels like he can't say anything (like mentioning where he likes to eat) without you interjecting on how "crappy" his choices are, it's understandable that it would bother him. He's an adult and he's entitled to make his own choices in life, regardless of whether you approve or not. You're entitled to be picky about certain things in your own life... but laughing at people for making different choices and blurting out how beneath you their choices are is rude, snobby, and tactless. You need to realize that sometimes, unless someone ASKS for your opinion, it's unwelcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
You do understand the sausage and eggs will get mixed up in your stomach right?
To be fair, there's no taste buds in your stomach. She's entitled to not want certain foods mixed together on her plate because it does alter the flavor... I just don't see why she felt the need to inform everyone else of it.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,129,167 times
I echo what everyone said. You're like Khloe Kardashian, you have no filter and say whatever's on your mind even if it makes you look like a fool and hurts someone else. If I was him, I'd tell you "Until you buy my wardrobe, shove it. I like what I like. Period."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships