Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityO View Post
I dont even know what to say to that.

ha ha....

Old 10-26-2011, 06:34 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,773,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I would not mind so as long as my daughter worked in a upscale brothel where the men are inspected before sex, condoms are used, there is security, and she has the ability to make 200k a year.

Here let the women explain it to you:
Oz Sex Workers: Legal Prostitution Is "Safer" - YouTube
Somehow I highly doubt there would be no negative or adverse cost to her though, on an emotional and psychological level, from engaging in that kind of lifestyle...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 10-26-2011 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Corrected typos

Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,589,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Somehow I highly doubt there would no negative or adverse cost be to her though, on an emotional and psychological level, from engaging in that kind of lifestyle...

Look at it this way, almost every job has some kind of risk that are involved.

For example:

Office workers often incur poor health because they sit and are inactive all day for many years.

Soldiers loose limbs and suffer from psychological problems, but the worse is obviously that they are killed in action.

Construction workers are similar to soldiers in that they become injured on the job but the worse case is obviously that they were killed from a job related accident. For example, I believe 11 men lost their lives while they were building the Hoover Dam.

Police officers are killed in the line of duty

Firemen if they are not killed on the job many of them suffer when they are older from breathing problems due to all the years of being around and inhaling smoke.

Many airline pilots suffer from mental problems because they spent many years breathing in jet exhaust. The jet exhaust kills brain cells. Look it up.

NFL athletes due to all the hits they received during the time they played the game later on in life suffer from dementia. Also, many of those guys have the bones of an elderly person at say 30 due to all the violent collisions.

I could go on..... But the bottom line is that everyone has risk in their respective job and the best thing we can all due is help others minimize the risk and when it comes to women selling their bodies it's NEVER going to stop, so at the very least we can maximize the safety of the women by legalizing it and offering them safe place where they can sell their services.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,154,821 times
I look at society's condemnation of the sin of cheating (adultery) or promiscuity (serial fornication) as any other sin.

We condemn lying, yet who hasn't told a lie at some point in their lives? We condemn stealing, but really, who has been COMPLETELY honest all their lives (more "subtle" forms of stealing exist...cheating on taxes, keeping another's possessions that they lost, even wasting time while on the clock)? We condemn violence, I'm fairly confident that most people (at least men) have gotten in a physical altercation at one point, and has anyone really not dwelt on the desire to avenge somebody, which is the precursor to violence?

Moral standards seem high to us because our nature is weak, but a vengeful assault, an adultery, lying, blasphemy, or any other wrong deed is not justified by weakness. Rather, we should repent, correct the damage that was done to the best of our ability, and move on.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,203,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why would your partner stray if you're providing them with everything they need?

Everyone doesn't want to cheat.

The desire for your partner has to be greater than the desire to cheat.

If someone wants to have sex or relationships outside of a commitment, they have no business in a monogamous relationship.

If it's not in someone's nature to be loyal then they shouldn't commit to a one on one.

What does society have to do with anything? Society doesn't have to change. People are responsible for their behavior. It's that behavior has to change. Otherwise why bother with a relationship?
I understand what you mean, but it simply is not that black and white. If people did follow this ideology, our society would look a little different. Someone is lying, or someone is stuck in a relationship not completely happy. Not everyone, I know others are very lucky to have found that perfect chemistry and hold on to it, but that is not the majority.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
This question is about the way society views these things. It seems we project an unhealthy and almost unattainable goal for ourselves in this regard.

I doubt there are any statistics, but I would really like to know how many long term monogamous relationships are completely successful. Meaning two people, together for a significant amount of time with no incidents dealing with a third party.

This does not include people saying "my partner has never cheated, and I just know this.", because you simply don't.

I would like to hear from the types of people that demand fidelity in relationships as well: Do you expect to live happily ever after with a loyal spouse? Are you expecting these things to not come up? What is it in your brain that makes you so incredibly loyal? Would you rather be alone forever than deal with this behavior? Do you automatically demand and expect loyalty out of all your mates?

What do you think would bring about such a change on society? Has it already begun?
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Monogamy isn't going away because it's the lifestyle that makes people the happiest and serene.

Constantly having to find new sex partners is what can be an almost unattainable goal unless you have the money to buy them.

And yes if you can't be happy alone, you probably can't really be happy in a relationship as happiness is more internal than external.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:09 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,621,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Marriage *used* to mean something special, and sacred...until of course society wanted to make a complete mockery of what used to be a special sacrament of love and devotion.
Marriage=/=love=/=sex=/=devotion.

I am one of those who you would no doubt label a perverted deviant. My wide and i are swingers, and we love it. We routinely engage in group sex, orgies, and other things that would make your head spin.

Here's the thing. We're unbelievably happy. We have a great relationship. As for our friends, they are the salt of the earth. Any one of them I could call at 3am to get bailed out of jail, and they'd show up and do so. We celebrate life together and enjoy every minute of it.

You, on the other hand, want to push your ways onto us. No, thanks. You live your way, we'll live ours.

Quote:
Legalized adultery...legalized polygamy...etc. What's next, legalized bestiality? Legalized pedophilia? Legalized close-family incestuous relationships? That is the kind of slippery slope you're looking at, when you destroy the institution of marriage as we know it.
Beastiality and pedophilia involve victims incapable of informed consent and thus will not, and should not, be legal. As for incest, though the idea turns my stomach, assuming all involved are consenting adults, it's their life to live.

Quote:
Just my two cents...do what you will though; no one's stopping you...
Not true. I just read an article today of a swingers party busted by the police for no reason. Seems some wish for us to live by their standards.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,713,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Marriage=/=love=/=sex=/=devotion.

I am one of those who you would no doubt label a perverted deviant. My wide and i are swingers, and we love it. We routinely engage in group sex, orgies, and other things that would make your head spin.

Here's the thing. We're unbelievably happy. We have a great relationship. As for our friends, they are the salt of the earth. Any one of them I could call at 3am to get bailed out of jail, and they'd show up and do so. We celebrate life together and enjoy every minute of it.
I'm personally fine with that lifestyle. If it's what makes you happy, go for it.

I only ask that everybody be honest with everybody else. If a girl I'm seeing is polyamorous then she should tell me... it might cut the relationship short but it's better than her feeling constrained because I'm not polyamorous or me feeling betrayed because she slept with another guy.

As it is these days, it seems a lot of people who AREN'T cut out for monogamous relations either don't admit it to their partner or don't admit it to themselves.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:22 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,472,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityO View Post
Once a week is enough. You have a full day. I can wear a man out in 24 hours. Have you dazed, confused, and daydreaming until the next coming wednesday. Watch out now.

Plus, your always welcome to get a blowjob or two on Tuesday and Thursday, and maybe Sunday if you're lucky [or If Im horny enough].

Fantastic is an understatement; I'm extraordinarily amazing.
I'm a firm believer in those with a good product, don't need to advertise.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:30 PM

346 posts, read 508,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Loyalty is a decision. And it requires discipline. It's like everything else in life. You can choose the easy thing or the worthwhile thing.

And loyalty misplaced can also be a stupid thing.
Exactly! If you decide to be loyal, you then avoid situations that test that loyalty. So many people say they never intended to stray, and yet they fail to behave that way. If you aren't a cheater, why are you hanging out with single friends and club hopping with them? If you aren't a cheater, why are you having lunch with a married co-worker whom you find attractive? People either over estimate their ability to handle a tempting situation, or don't give any practical, rational thought to their actions and the situations they allow themselves to be in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships