Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,457,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenation11 View Post
all i can say is that if she ignores me from here on out because of the way i closed a message, than she cant be much of a woman. At the end of the day, what is the difference between kisses and XOXO? i sent her previous messages and closed with XOXO, so i thought i would just change it by ending with the word kisses, the last time.
Anyway I will send her a christmas message when it is near christmas, and if she doesent reply than its her problem- there are other women.
I don't know if where you live it is common to say "kisses" to strangers. Here in the U.S. it's not that common. The thing is that you seem to think that she might be mad at you, or playing games. That's really not the case if you were in this country. In this country, at least, when a man gets way too familiar very fast, a woman gets scared. She wouldn't be angry at you, she would be a little creeped out. And wouldn't answer simply because of safety concerns, since she doesn't know if you could be a crazy, murdering, raping, stalker. She just doesn't know what she is dealing with, and if you come off too strong, she might think that something might be wrong with you.

But as you said, it might be different in the UK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 06:13 AM

11,816 posts, read 12,064,161 times
Quote:
all i can say is that if she ignores me from here on out because of the way i closed a message, than she cant be much of a woman. At the end of the day, what is the difference between kisses and XOXO? i sent her previous messages and closed with XOXO, so i thought i would just change it by ending with the word kisses, the last time.
Anyway I will send her a christmas message when it is near christmas, and if she doesent reply than its her problem- there are other women.
Leave. her. alone.

It's alarming that you've made a mountain out of a molehill in desperate attempts to get a date with a stranger that you've never met. Now you're denigrating her if she doesn't welcome your now likely unwanted email/date advances.

Why are you so fixated on this woman anyway?

Old 10-31-2011, 09:41 AM

29 posts, read 23,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
She just doesn't know what she is dealing with, and if you come off too strong, she might think that something might be wrong with you.

But as you said, it might be different in the UK.
you are accurate in what you are saying. However, yes she doesent know what she is dealing with, but its not really my fault. Im busy with work but im definately willing to make myself available for online conversations before we meet in person so that she can know me a little bit better, but i know she wont make herself available for this because she will claim to be ''too busy.'' And of course too busy means ''not worth the effort''. Life is about priorites,no one is too busy if something or someone may be worth the effort.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:48 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,169,978 times
I'm interested in the blog, what is the website?

Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Leave. her. alone.

It's alarming that you've made a mountain out of a molehill in desperate attempts to get a date with a stranger that you've never met. Now you're denigrating her if she doesn't welcome your now likely unwanted email/date advances.

Why are you so fixated on this woman anyway?
Because i see something special in her. I dont even have to meet her, i know already. Her love seems like an amazing thing to have and i would love to be that guy who could bring happiness to her life. We may not be in the same age range, but for love to work it only takes two people- one who can trust and one who can understand, regardless of age difference.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:28 AM

11,816 posts, read 12,064,161 times
Quote:
Because i see something special in her. I dont even have to meet her, i know already. Her love seems like an amazing thing to have and i would love to be that guy who could bring happiness to her life. We may not be in the same age range, but for love to work it only takes two people- one who can trust and one who can understand, regardless of age difference.
You don't "know" anything other than what you've read on her blog.

And the biggest problem is you're too busy caught up in how great this would be for YOU. And based on the 6 (???) emails you've sent her, you've most likely created a picture of someone who can't be trusted or understood.

Your approach has no doubt scared her off. Let go of this fantasy you've built up in your head and move along. Seriously.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,979,777 times
Quote:
This is sooo funy to me.

In the UK it is probably fine to say "kisses."

If she is from the US than it would be weird. However, she may give you a break and assume that is the way you end a letter.

Good thing you didn't say, "Tah Tah" at the end. That mean something alot different than "Bye Bye" here in the US.

You are coming off so creepy.

Here is what she is saying to her friend over the phone...

"So I am visiting this town soon ok. and this guy emails me. Yeah...I know right. I don't know who he is. Must be stalking my blog."

"Anyways, I got another email even after I told him I would meet him for tea or something and he is like, 'kisses' at the end of his email."

"I am kinda weirded out about this guy. Should I not even go there now?"

"I keep getting these weird emails now. I don't respond but something tells me I am going to get Christmas gifts and all kinds of stuff. Like a serial stalker. Probably like a teddy bear with a camera in it."

"Ewww....Anyways, I am freaked out what should I do?"

Old 10-31-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This is sooo funy to me.

In the UK it is probably fine to say "kisses."

If she is from the US than it would be weird. However, she may give you a break and assume that is the way you end a letter.

Good thing you didn't say, "Tah Tah" at the end. That mean something alot different than "Bye Bye" here in the US.

You are coming off so creepy.

Here is what she is saying to her friend over the phone...

"So I am visiting this town soon ok. and this guy emails me. Yeah...I know right. I don't know who he is. Must be stalking my blog."

"Anyways, I got another email even after I told him I would meet him for tea or something and he is like, 'kisses' at the end of his email."

"I am kinda weirded out about this guy. Should I not even go there now?"

"I keep getting these weird emails now. I don't respond but something tells me I am going to get Christmas gifts and all kinds of stuff. Like a serial stalker. Probably like a teddy bear with a camera in it."

"Ewww....Anyways, I am freaked out what should I do?"
So did you have fun playing ''World of Warcraft'' at home last saturday night? Or did you watch the Star Wars trilogy? shrugs.

Last edited by Cenation11; 10-31-2011 at 10:44 AM..

Old 10-31-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You don't "know" anything other than what you've read on her blog.

And the biggest problem is you're too busy caught up in how great this would be for YOU. And based on the 6 (???) emails you've sent her, you've most likely created a picture of someone who can't be trusted or understood.

Your approach has no doubt scared her off. Let go of this fantasy you've built up in your head and move along. Seriously.
Of course i will, there are plenty of women out there. All of these past relationships i have been in are just practise for the real thing. Im excited to meet that someone special.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:49 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,979,777 times
Really? You want me to get a life?

I'm not the stalker. 99.9% of the ladies on here are creeped out by you.

You made it clear you are in love with what this lady posts. You don't know her at all!!!! You are infatuated with her posts and are looking to "make her happy."

You are IN FACT a weirdo!!!! Ask anyone.

To answer your question....you DID blow it!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships