Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:44 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,988,187 times

Advertisements

I feel as though men have been conditioned to believe that women are perfect and have no flaws. From mens' magazines with airbrushed flawless figures to music videos and supermodels.

I regularly visit blogs where individuals comment on minor flaws on women or in tabloids where celebrities are ridiculed for having a flabby stomach, untoned thighs or a scar.

This just simply isn't realistic to me. AND sometimes women chime in and comment as well. They also feel as though they aren't up to par to these airbrushed, oversexualized images portrayed in the media.

I do agree that women should be healthy, exercise regularly and have enough esteem to take care of themselves.

So, after all I have said, do men really want to date perfect women? Do you wish more women were like Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria, Halle Berry? If so, why?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
You can't guage what the majority of men or women are looking for by a magazine or tabloid show. They're trying to sell, and while many of these "perfect" looking women make for great eye candy and marketing, I give the average man more credit for knowing that most of these women are out of reach and simply nice to fantasize about.

I find that as men get older their taste in women matures as well. Not always, but more often than not.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:09 PM

479 posts, read 835,960 times
Heck, I don't want perfect...

Indeed the "happiest man alive" is married to a nice mute female with no teeth.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:12 PM

52,293 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
Heck, I don't want perfect...

Indeed the "happiest man alive" is married to a nice mute female with no teeth.
A real knee slapper there.

What are you 13 yrs old.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You can't guage what the majority of men or women are looking for by a magazine or tabloid show. They're trying to sell, and while many of these "perfect" looking women make for great eye candy and marketing, I give the average man more credit for knowing that most of these women are out of reach and simply nice to fantasize about.

I find that as men get older their taste in women matures as well. Not always, but more often than not.

The same could be said for women's magazine's as well. They tend to tell women what men SHOULD look like & act like. Because of this some men feel that they have to live up to those standards.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times
There's no such thing as a perfect women, just like there are no perfect men. We all have flaws. As much as I love Kim kardashian and Halle Barry, clearly they both have issues, because neither one of them can keep a man to save their life. So even though they're beautiful on the outside, they might be ugly on the inside.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:27 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,510,395 times
No such thing as perfect. Even the most desirable celebrities are not perfect:

Brad Pitt- under 6 feet tall
Ricky Martin- under 6 feet tall(and gay)
George Clooney- under 6 feet tall
Angelina Jolie- donkey lips
Natalie Portman- not that curvy
Jennifer Aniston- not that curvy

No one is perfect. No amount of makeup and airbrushing is going to change that.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,211 times
No, they just don't want to date fat ones (its really that simple).

Old 10-30-2011, 05:45 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Francis Bacon View Post
there is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion...
I agree with this quote. The women I find most attractive invariably have some unique oddity to their appearance that captivates me, and sometimes it's even something that might turn off other guys. I see plenty of hot women, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't sneak a peak when I could, but I also forget about them before long if they're hot but in a generic way. The ones I remember are the ones who are still pretty, but blatantly unique in some way.

For example, lately I've been seeing a lady on the bus who is totally cute but has kind of an oval face with a chin that seems just a little out or proportion. And she has a very unique fashion sense as well. Well most guys probably wouldn't really notice her but I certainly did and I can easily remember her face unlike the countless other women I see every day. And if I ever think of a way to start a conversation with her without looking like a creep I probably will.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:54 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
Perfect for me? Sure. That usually means they've got some flaws. As do I. As does everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships