Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,270,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's easier to realize the right one after you've moved past it. No one said you can't turn around.
You can certainly turn around... Whether this person would be waiting for you or not is debatable and usually unlikely.

Anyway, this thread is about physical traits. Nobody here knows what kind of people the celebrities are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,794,863 times
7 billion people on earth, not a one of them perfect. I think we're doing just fine.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:41 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,678,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
Heck, I don't want perfect...

Indeed the "happiest man alive" is married to a nice mute female with no teeth.
Only in your fantasy.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegota View Post
Heck, I don't want perfect...

Indeed the "happiest man alive" is married to a nice mute female with no teeth.
Well, if you like it, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Yes, they do...

They want to date a woman that is perfect for HIM.

Fortunately, there are many men in this world and most of them are looking for something different.
That's a great way to look at it

Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,589,683 times
I'm just wondering what the old gentlemen in nursing homes consider a perfect woman to sit and share a puree snack with, amongst the ladies there...

Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,206,847 times
I caught an episode of the Kardashians the other day in a waiting room. They are in their mid 20s I guess? In that episode, the mom was concerned about the eating habits of Kim and brought in a trainer to make sure she eats right.

I likened that to when I was about 10 and my dad brought in an instructor to "fix" my golf swing.

Sure, perfect bodies of people on TV make it hard on the rest of us. But with the same support they have, why can't we train just as hard? And I'm referring to the healthy ones... not the malnutrition ones. If it's important to you, or you feel it is important to people you are trying to attract, why not work on it with a professional?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,715,045 times
If we're talking physical aspects then no I don't expect perfection. I find way too many body types attractive to have a 'perfect' one. For instance, I know a girl who's pretty darn skinny without a ton to write about in the T&A department and a girl on the chubbier side but with curves to complement it and I think both are very, very, good looking.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:56 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,695,799 times
From what I can tell men are not very picky in who they would date and sleep with. They are extremely picky in who they would marry though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
If we're talking physical aspects then no I don't expect perfection. I find way too many body types attractive to have a 'perfect' one. For instance, I know a girl who's pretty darn skinny without a ton to write about in the T&A department and a girl on the chubbier side but with curves to complement it and I think both are very, very, good looking.

It's nice to see a guy say he likes both. That way neither feels hideous.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
From what I can tell men are not very picky in who they would date and sleep with. They are extremely picky in who they would marry though.

It's nice to see a guy say he likes both. That way neither feels hideous.

YESSS! Maybe I should have been more specific and said "marriage" instead of "date". I'd love to hear their standards for their wives.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM

366 posts, read 776,228 times
Default "Perfect" is relative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I feel as though men have been conditioned to believe that women are perfect and have no flaws. From mens' magazines with airbrushed flawless figures to music videos and supermodels.

I regularly visit blogs where individuals comment on minor flaws on women or in tabloids where celebrities are ridiculed for having a flabby stomach, untoned thighs or a scar.

This just simply isn't realistic to me. AND sometimes women chime in and comment as well. They also feel as though they aren't up to par to these airbrushed, oversexualized images portrayed in the media.

I do agree that women should be healthy, exercise regularly and have enough esteem to take care of themselves.

So, after all I have said, do men really want to date perfect women? Do you wish more women were like Kim Kardashian, Eva Longoria, Halle Berry? If so, why?

Thank you.
There are a plenty of men who "want to date plus size perfect women," or "want to date very muscular perfect women.... So, my point is since "variety is the spice of life," I think its beneficial to find the beauty which lies within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships