Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 05:21 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,016,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
See now mine will own up to it...and then say "but I left some for you!"...

like crab said, it's the empty cereal boxes too...a few pieces of cereal left in the box and they think they have done good.."but I left you some!"...yeah, 4 squares of cinnamon life!
Good point! The cereal boxes usually were not QUITE empty, there would be just a little itty bit in there. Same with say the leftover lasagna. You walk up to the fridge and see the tupperware and it's woot lasagna time and then you open it up and there is like this little inch square piece left in the corner. Then in our house there was also the plate/glass/flatware thing going on. Thats where you open the drawer to get out a fork and there isn't one. None in the dishwasher either. Hmmmm. Up the stairs to the kids rooms and load up on assorted dishes. Fill a sink full of water to soak them in but only after scraping off the huge chunk of lasagna that someone took but didn't eat.... lol There are a lot of rewards in raising kids but sometimes I think if I didn't love them I would have been forced to kill them.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,100,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Good point! The cereal boxes usually were not QUITE empty, there would be just a little itty bit in there. Same with say the leftover lasagna. You walk up to the fridge and see the tupperware and it's woot lasagna time and then you open it up and there is like this little inch square piece left in the corner. Then in our house there was also the plate/glass/flatware thing going on. Thats where you open the drawer to get out a fork and there isn't one. None in the dishwasher either. Hmmmm. Up the stairs to the kids rooms and load up on assorted dishes. Fill a sink full of water to soak them in but only after scraping off the huge chunk of lasagna that someone took but didn't eat.... lol There are a lot of rewards in raising kids but sometimes I think if I didn't love them I would have been forced to kill them.
Now that is where I draw the line. NO FOOD upstairs, AT ALL.

I'm sure that will change when they are a little older and sneak it up there...but for now

Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,588,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
f*ck work.

Glad I have a job in this market, but f*ck work.
Quote:
I was thinking more for the paycheck.

I wish I had a wife some days.
You described my situation, except that I still work, her pay is 2.5x mine.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,588,256 times
Quote:
f*ck work.

Glad I have a job in this market, but f*ck work.
Quote:
Rebel without a cause.

Literally, I don't know why I'm such a rebel, I just am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I've been a rebel since I was 16 years old. I have mellowed slightly as I have gotten older but I am still very anti-authority. That's just me as well. We can't help who we are and the ideals we hold on to.
Suddenly I no longer feel alone.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,026,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Suddenly I no longer feel alone.
I went over a year without a regular job, IE: a regular commute. I used to work for a company that sent me out to do work for companies. I didn't like it. When I found a steady job I was excited, but man it still sucks lol.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You described my situation, except that I still work, her pay is 2.5x mine.
I don't work anymore, I volunteer...lol

Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I went over a year without a regular job, IE: a regular commute. I used to work for a company that sent me out to do work for companies. I didn't like it. When I found a steady job I was excited, but man it still sucks lol.

If money was not a consideration (for a degree, or the amount in your paycheck) and if time wasn't a factor (as in the schooling it might require).

What would you want to do?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 PM

52,369 posts, read 52,836,239 times
Quote:
I don't work anymore, I volunteer...lol

That is good that you guys are able to have someone be home with the kids...... I think it is important to have a family member take care of the children, it really pains me to see people have newborns and have to have some stranger raising their babies..... really sad, actually.

I'm not trying to judge people here.... just saying it would be nice to have a parent with children.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That is good that you guys are able to have someone be home with the kids...... I think it is important to have a family member take care of the children, it really pains me to see people have newborns and have to have some stranger raising their babies..... really sad, actually.

I'm not trying to judge people here.... just saying it would be nice to have a parent with children.
No, I mean I really do volunteer. I have a teaching degree, but instead of working in the school for a paycheck, I volunteer. I work in the library, work the bookfair, do some fundraising, teach small groups..etc.

It allows me the freedom to come and go as I need. The kids are all in school now but after school is our chaos so I cannot be tied to a job beyond 3pm.

I wouldn't mind going back to school for nursing though, we just do not have the funds right now.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,026,521 times
Quote:
If money was not a consideration (for a degree, or the amount in your paycheck) and if time wasn't a factor (as in the schooling it might require).

What would you want to do?
Probably something that helps people. Not really sure.

And now it's so windy it sounds like the house is going to blow over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships