Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 04:15 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,854,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I think my granddaughter found Christmas baffling more than anything else. She did really like the shirt I got her, I could tell because she smiled and then started gnawing on it. Did dinner at my sisters house where it turned out through some incredibly strange coincidence an old friend of hers who was divorced a year ago or so was also over for dinner. And seated right next to me....
I don't believe in coincidence. Have fun, enjoy your meal and see what happens. If nothing, no harm no foul.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:06 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,101,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
My wife did the ultimate of mean by telling me a present she had picked out and needed my input and it wasn't in the budget. If that wasn't enough she said it was a time sensitive gift and I would have to wait until our aniversary to get it.............next August.
Oh I hate when my husband does that!!!

Quote:
Ha! If that happens people better start praying.
Praying why? Because you are old as dirt and couldn't keep up with a mini WF? Kidding!

So did you ask what it was? That would be the ultimate torture for me! I love surprises, but only when they are coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I think my granddaughter found Christmas baffling more than anything else. She did really like the shirt I got her, I could tell because she smiled and then started gnawing on it. Did dinner at my sisters house where it turned out through some incredibly strange coincidence an old friend of hers who was divorced a year ago or so was also over for dinner. And seated right next to me....
Just go with the flow crabbie...never know!

Old 12-26-2011, 05:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
mmm german chocolate cake

mmm blueberry pie

mmm both at once. makes of for me not eating anything all day long. LOL

Old 12-26-2011, 05:37 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,589,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Praying why? Because you are old as dirt and couldn't keep up with a mini WF? Kidding!
That would be true, but I'm seedless and have been for over a decade.

Quote:
So did you ask what it was? That would be the ultimate torture for me! I love surprises, but only when they are coming soon.
I took a stab at it, naturally she denied it. In a few days I'll forget about it.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

mmm blueberry pie

I hate it when I do that, skip a meal or two, next thing I'm gorging on whatever takes the least amount of time to prepare, then eat dinner anyway.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
That would be true, but I'm seedless and have been for over a decade.

LOL...seedless...I like that. My husband is seedless too. I'm full of seeds, I think they are just rotten is all.

I took a stab at it, naturally she denied it. In a few days I'll forget about it.
True enough. I have found that he usually forgets too...and then I wind up never knowing what my gift was going to be.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

mmm blueberry pie

Is that dinner?

We haven't even eaten yet. I am making "Christmas Dinner" since we wound up having leftovers on Christmas. We went to some friends for lunch and then nobody was really all that hungry for dinner. Wasn't going to put all that time and effort in for a few bites.

My parents are coming in tonight so I was trying to hold off for them. Poor things got lost, then got stuck in traffic. They've been in the car almost 12 hours and it should only take about 9 to get here...10 with stops.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:53 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,028,092 times
Quote:
Is that dinner?

We haven't even eaten yet. I am making "Christmas Dinner" since we wound up having leftovers on Christmas. We went to some friends for lunch and then nobody was really all that hungry for dinner. Wasn't going to put all that time and effort in for a few bites.

My parents are coming in tonight so I was trying to hold off for them. Poor things got lost, then got stuck in traffic. They've been in the car almost 12 hours and it should only take about 9 to get here...10 with stops.
Yup. That's my dinner. a bunch of sugar with some nuts in the cake.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:31 PM

52,385 posts, read 52,844,834 times
We got BLT makings in the house, but I don't know if I feel like making them.

Since were talking about dinner and all.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
True enough. I have found that he usually forgets too...and then I wind up never knowing what my gift was going to be.
That's messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships