Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 11:10 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,709,964 times

Advertisements

So I just spent a long weekefnd away with a guy friend. We talked a bit back in Jan when I visited some friends in another state. Well he friended me on facebook and we've been chatting and texting since tAug, and we made plans to meet for a long wknd. We had a fun time and I really like him, but he lives in another state.
Last night, I got a bit emotional because I hate goodbyes and I like him, so the thought of not seeing him for a while bummed me out.
My question is how do I deal with these emotions? I feel as though i'll never find a special someone, I dont want to be that fun girl who no one wants to date. guys tell me im so pretty, smart and there must be a line of guys waiting but thats not the case. In fact my dootstep has been empty for years. It hurts to know that a guy I like doesnt feel the same way about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 11:13 AM

380 posts, read 1,231,859 times
Personally I would pray, But you also got to act and let him know how you feel. If you think this guy could be the one. I would jump on it quick. I would keep talking to the guy, most guys are diffrent. But me personally If a woman called me up and told me how she felt I would like it ALOT. thats just something for you to think about.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,445,643 times
How is it that you think he feels about you? You spent the weekend together, did he act like your friend? Your brother? Your boyfriend?

Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM

Well, wuldnt say he acted like a bf, we talked and laughed a lot, we were mutually into each other. I feel bad I cried in front of him. I also dont want to be that girl who cries. My emotions just got the better of me because I luje him and I feel sad that no guys want a relationship with me. When he asked me what was wrong I just told him it was bumming me out that we were leaving.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:33 AM

im so leery of saying anything too major to him. That kind of stuff has the opposite effect for me.

UOTE=Jamerschris;21612546]Personally I would pray, But you also got to act and let him know how you feel. If you think this guy could be the one. I would jump on it quick. I would keep talking to the guy, most guys are diffrent. But me personally If a woman called me up and told me how she felt I would like it ALOT. thats just something for you to think about.[/quote]

Old 11-07-2011, 11:39 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,407,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Well, wuldnt say he acted like a bf, we talked and laughed a lot, we were mutually into each other. I feel bad I cried in front of him. I also dont want to be that girl who cries. My emotions just got the better of me because I luje him and I feel sad that no guys want a relationship with me. When he asked me what was wrong I just told him it was bumming me out that we were leaving.
dont beat yourself up about it, it will only make it worse.. everyone's been in that situation. if it wasnt meant to be then you'll only make it worse trying to convince him otherwise. Just take things slow

Old 11-07-2011, 11:44 AM

Thanks

Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,445,643 times
If it was meant to be, the two of you being together, I imagine it will work itself out. I looked at your profile and you are a very beautiful woman.

Whats going on SFG? I know everything isn't all about looks. Maybe you set yourself up to be mens 'pal' and therefore get treated as such. I really don't know you but I am only making presumptions based on your user name. I could be waaaaaaaay off base.

It feels like it has taken me a million years to find the man I should be with. I will be 38 next month and I do believe I am finally there......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships