Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:18 PM

45 posts, read 107,631 times

Advertisements

This a follow-up from a previous thread entitled "Why did my guy feel the need to lie".

Basically in a nutshell, the guy I was dating for 3 months was too "busy" for a true relationship with me so we broke it off 2 weeks before Valentine's Day. Then I find out he spent Valentine's Day with a girl that he was dating WHILE he was dating me. So because he lied about that, I unfollowed him on twitter and unfriended him on Facebook.

Now ever since I cut him off, he's been reaching out to my friends. He wished one of my friend's a "Happy Birthday! I want you to know that I care!" He also reached out to my best friend and told her about some deejaying gigs he could set her up with. He started "liking" her updates on Facebook as well.

I'm done with the guy but I'm just confused as to why he's doing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 12:20 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Maybe he wants you still on the hook in case he changes his mind about dating you in the future. I was dating a guy who decided he didn't want a relationship, then a couple months later he started contacting me again. Then when I contacted him, HE blew ME off. Don't be tempted to contact him, just leave it alone and move on. Trust me. Not worth it.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Do yourself a favor and block him on FB so you don't see those updates. Move on from him... whatever his issues are, they aren't your problem. Don't waste time with a rotten man when there are so many good men out there.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLili84 View Post
This a follow-up from a previous thread entitled "Why did my guy feel the need to lie".

Basically in a nutshell, the guy I was dating for 3 months was too "busy" for a true relationship with me so we broke it off 2 weeks before Valentine's Day. Then I find out he spent Valentine's Day with a girl that he was dating WHILE he was dating me. So because he lied about that, I unfollowed him on twitter and unfriended him on Facebook.

Now ever since I cut him off, he's been reaching out to my friends. He wished one of my friend's a "Happy Birthday! I want you to know that I care!" He also reached out to my best friend and told her about some deejaying gigs he could set her up with. He started "liking" her updates on Facebook as well.

I'm done with the guy but I'm just confused as to why he's doing this.
Probably trying to get back at you for unfriending him on facebook and twitter.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
He's just a lying, cheating creep who enjoys playing mind games with you. If your friends have any sense, they should ignore him too or they may end up on his "hit it" list.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
He's just a lying, cheating creep who enjoys playing mind games with you. If your friends have any sense, they should ignore him too or they may end up on his "hit it" list.
Right. ^^

He's trolling for Ms. Next.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe he wants you still on the hook in case he changes his mind about dating you in the future. I was dating a guy who decided he didn't want a relationship, then a couple months later he started contacting me again. Then when I contacted him, HE blew ME off. Don't be tempted to contact him, just leave it alone and move on. Trust me. Not worth it.
I agree, Don't give him another minute of your valuable time. And don't be someone's "second choice" either ever or be on anyone's hook.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,765,279 times
Really? The guy isn't a saint, but he never commited to a relationship with you. Why'd you let him string you along so long if you wanted a relationship so bad?

He's probably just an outgoing guy, and became friends with your friends. Not exactly a crime...

Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM

45 posts, read 107,631 times
Well, he knew both of my friends before he started dating me. So I doubt he's trying to "hit it" with them.

But regardless, he's done with, and he'll never hear from me again.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLili84 View Post
Well, he knew both of my friends before he started dating me. So I doubt he's trying to "hit it" with them.

But regardless, he's done with, and he'll never hear from me again.
That info was a little late but useful. Good. Move on. I don't even know why you would waste your time posting this. If he's friends with them, he has the right to talk to them. Don't know why you would even care? The question you should be asking yourself is: "What's MY DEAL?" It seems like the issue lies with just you. You can't seem to let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships