Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:52 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times

Advertisements

Just found out that yet another friend lost someone to a car crash (3rd friend in a year, 2nd in 2 months). It actually hit me so hard this time, I started crying. I can't imagine how these people must feel to lose someone they love so suddenly. How do you prepare for something like that?

This is why it always angers me beyond belief when I see people taking each other for granted. I know I'm trying to be better about it myself. You really just never know anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I'm sorry to hear that.

It is hard.

We naturally take people for granted. I struggle with it big time.

I think it gets easier in a way as you get older, to not take people for granted as much.... IDK.......

Old 11-29-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm sorry to hear that.

It is hard.

We naturally take people for granted. I struggle with it big time.

I think it gets easier in a way as you get older, to not take people for granted as much.... IDK.......
ya it is. Ever since I moved out of my mom's this past summer, I keep thinking of how she pushed me away so much that I don't even like spending time with her anymore. It actually hurts me because she's getting older and I don't want to regret not spending time with her when her time is up, so I'm trying to get over it. I managed to spend thanksgiving with her and it wasn't bad so I think we're getting there.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:05 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Just keep doing what you're doing, then, and there won't be anything to regret.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Just keep doing what you're doing, then, and there won't be anything to regret.
yes, you're right .

Old 11-29-2011, 12:13 AM

Not to make light of a bad situation, but I'm nearly always right, or at least reasonable

Sorry to hear about your friend, that is not an easy thing to take.

Life is short, and we do what we can to live without regret...but unfortunately it happens. Just do the best you can and when the grief hits it won't feel like someone is tearing your heart out of your chest...

Old 11-29-2011, 12:13 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
This happened years ago, but a couple attended their senior high school prom and seemed so happy and close that evening. They may have even been in love.
The next thing we heard is the young man died a few weeks later of a seizure. He was around 18 years old, and a very nice guy. His girlfriend was totally devastated, of course.
His life was so short, but at least he had good friends, and a special love. Surely he knew he was loved.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Not to make light of a bad situation, but I'm nearly always right, or at least reasonable

Sorry to hear about your friend, that is not an easy thing to take.

Life is short, and we do what we can to live without regret...but unfortunately it happens. Just do the best you can and when the grief hits it won't feel like someone is tearing your heart out of your chest...
haha good to know.

ya, I'm so sad for him. He's one of the most good hearted guys I know and is always always laughing and saying something funny. I never met his girlfriend. we're not that close, but we worked together and got along great and always had great conversation. went to high school together and know a lot of the same people. But yes, you're right, do the best you can and that's really all we can do I think.

soda-that's so sad. Stories like that are the saddest. At least when a 90 year old passes away, although sad, you can say they had a long and hopefully fulfilling life. 18 is still a baby and just getting started (I sound like my mom, haha).

Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
At least when a 90 year old passes away, although sad, you can say they had a long and hopefully fulfilling life. 18 is still a baby and just getting started (I sound like my mom, haha).

This is exactly what makes things like this unfortunate, though... a life just getting started, and a life not fulfilled. All that can be hoped for is something quick, painless, or at least without suffering.

With that in mind, console your friend with what Soda said. She was loved, and had friends, and people that cared for her and will miss her and cherish her memory, which is so much better than dying alone or unknown.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:28 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,043 times
Yeah, it was weird. Out of the people he was around, he seemed like he was the nicest guy. I never heard him make fun of people. He was quiet, and seemed very observant of his surroundings. Seemed like he had loads of potential.

That was one time that I was so relieved to be ME, and not one of his friends. They probably still feel the loss to this day.

Unfortunately, life takes mean twists and turns. Maybe that's why some people attempt to stay distant from others (but that's another subject).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships