Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you make your bed?
Yes! Always 28 62.22%
No. Why bother? 7 15.56%
Sometimes, for good reasons 6 13.33%
Only when we change the sheets. 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times

Advertisements

I admit it. I havent made my bed in *years*....He doesnt make it either. There's no comforter, no large amount of pillows, just one for each of us, a fitted sheet and a big fuzzy blanket.

I was talking with some coworkers about bedding (Work in a department store) and the topic came up. All of them were shocked when I mentioned there was no bed-making in the house.

I just dont see the point when you're just going to get RIGHT back in it 12 hours later, and neither does he.

Is this common?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:37 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
That would drive me nuts. I make it every morning. I don't make a big production out of it - not hospital corners, but everything in place and decorative pillows in place.

Makes me want to get into bed when it's made and clean.

The sheets could be washed fresh that day and I would still feel like unmade = unclean.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:42 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I admit it. I havent made my bed in *years*....He doesnt make it either. There's no comforter, no large amount of pillows, just one for each of us, a fitted sheet and a big fuzzy blanket.

I was talking with some coworkers about bedding (Work in a department store) and the topic came up. All of them were shocked when I mentioned there was no bed-making in the house.

I just dont see the point when you're just going to get RIGHT back in it 12 hours later, and neither does he.

Is this common?
Guess you could use the same logic about washing clothes or other household chores & yet they get done. To me not making the bed is equivalent of leaving clothes on the floor, dirty dishes laying around; sloppy & unkept.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Nobody sees it but us. Company comes we shut our door.

I guess I ask because all my coworkers were 40+...so I thought maybe this is a pet peeve of the older generation?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
That would drive me nuts. I make it every morning. I don't make a big production out of it - not hospital corners, but everything in place and decorative pillows in place.

Makes me want to get into bed when it's made and clean.

The sheets could be washed fresh that day and I would still feel like unmade = unclean.

Gaaaahhh, now thats a peeve of mine. I HATE all those pillows. lol

They drive me nuts when Im staying somewhere and always end up tossed on the floor.

What are hospital corners?

Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
I make my bed every day. An unmade bed makes the entire room look messy.

He doesn't make his, though.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 PM

249 posts, read 803,576 times
Last time I made my bed in the way you are asking, 1987.

But in 1984 I used my carpentry skills and actually MADE a bed for myself! Ta-da!

Old 12-02-2011, 08:49 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
It depends to be honest sometimes I will & the other times I just don't care.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

Is this common?

Well, even if it's been a busy day and I couldn't make the bed on my way out the door, I WILL make it at some point in the day, even if it's just 5 minutes before I'm ready to get in it

An unmade bed is one of the most unattractive things in the world to me and robs a bedroom of that sense of relaxation a bedroom is supposed to give you.

Not to mention, when the sheets and covers aren't all straight and where they are supposed to be, the bed is just not as comfortable and you don't sleep as well because you can feel all tangled up or like you lying all over big wrinkles.

I don't care if no one else but me and hubby are going to see the bed, it's going to be made

Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,547,427 times
I'm a neatnik, so, to me, an unmade bed makes the room look unkempt. Whoever gets out of bed last makes it, everyday.

Also, a neat, smooth bed is so inviting at the end of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships