Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,753,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Sorry,I just didn't know people could actually change their usernames.
Seems there are plenty of people repping for Nj on here.

In any event,how about trying NYC,you know a night on the town?
Maybe only takes 100 dollars,and let the guys buy you drinks.

It doesn't matter what you look like either.
A woman could wear a sack and still get attention in NYC.
There is someone for everyone,esp in NYC with a population of 8 million in such small square miles.

I used to attend the BBW events in the city,and there was absolutely no shortage of men there.
The men outnumbered the women.

What about mental health group meet ups?
Btw,there are plenty of professional men with mental illness,including Bipolar disease and schizophrenia.
LOL. No, this isn't me anyways, not that type of personality -- I do not enjoy bars but I get what you are saying maybe if I was to ever try anything again the mental health meetups would be a good option. ty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 10:08 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,753,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
DE,

If you do have Asperger's alot of the "advice" you are getting won't be all that relevant to you and you shouldn't take it too seriously. What they think is normal has no bearing on what is normal for somebody with Asperger's ad the rules they think apply to peoples lives won't apply to yours. You should check out the website http://www.wrongplanet.com . It is an Asperger's/High-Functioning Autism community website. Even if you aren't diagnosed it is worth looking into, and not everyone on that site has a formal diagnosis; some are self diagnosed. The people there are mostly all on the Autism spectrum or parents and family of people with Asperger's or HFA.

yes, I am on wrongplanet already and I think ultimately you're right, people with AS have different needs (outside the norm) in this area of life anyways.

thanks for all the suggestions though.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:22 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,118,884 times
Default Is there a place in the dating world for mentally ill women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Hello. maybe some of the good folks here can help me sort a few things out! I will be 32 in a few months and I have never been on a date or nor had sex When I was much younger I tried to get boyfriends like the other girls around me but didn't really understand how to go about it & no one ever asked me outright -- so I would randomly 'accost' guys at my schools (maybe did this 3 or 4 times) and they instantly rejected me, which left me feeling insecure and hurt. I gave up on that approach, moved on to college and to make a long story short men there didn't seem to notice me either, like I was invisible. People have told me I am unapproachable but I do not know why b/c I rarely say anything and I am very shy and nervous around people. To make matters worse, I have severe fears of intimacies with males. From what I have seen and read, the modern dating world is simply to fast for me, LOL. Most of these other adults have been very judgmental towards people that don't fit what they're looking for. I don't feel I can compete with these other women in various categories so maybe should stop fooling myself? But how to do that?

I have been in therapy and on medication now for depression, anxiety disorder, OCD and beleive I have either Aspgergers or schizoid personality disorder. I dunno. I seen a number of times where the men say they 'don't want head cases or psychos' and that makes me feel bad also. I had a small circle of female friends and 2 or 3 guys friends for most of my life that I completely cut off contact with a few years back. I did that because it became increasingly uncomfortable to 'match' up with their lives of S.O's, children, marriage, etc. when I live alone and had none of that. So now, I have one friend that is married and I can only "tolerate" socially a few get togethers with her and her husband sometimes, they are 25 years older than me. I would like to know if anybody thinks there's any hope for somebody like me? if not, how can I just get over the whole wanting to date and find someone and be happy being alone? ty.
I'll try and answer your question again. No, I don't think there is any hope for a person like you. There isn't hope for anyone who is in dream land, asks questions, expects help or answers, but knows they already have the answers because they are smarter than anyone else..

Old 12-22-2011, 10:36 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,613,716 times
Quote:
yes, I am on wrongplanet already and I think ultimately you're right, people with AS have different needs (outside the norm) in this area of life anyways.

thanks for all the suggestions though.
AS, Aspergers? Where you diagnosed as such?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:48 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,613,716 times
Quote:
what the heck are you talking about? That sounds like some leftover issue you had with HER.
I read the post differently.

What do you mean by leftover issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships