Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:28 PM

160 posts, read 295,113 times

Advertisements

Old bf from high school pops into my life and occasionally we hook up and then he disappears, leaving me really confused. However, he popped in again saying THIS time would be different (he had never said that before) but the next day, he tells me he still really wants me in his life, but just as friends. I don't get it. If he just wants me just as a friend, why does he keep hooking up with me?

Should I give him another chance? I'm a little scared to, I don't want to get hurt again.

Last edited by SunshineFlower; 12-05-2011 at 12:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 11:47 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
He keeps hooling up with you because you let him, and apparently his intention is to keep doing that until he finds someone he'd rather be with in the long run.

Hate to say it, but he wants you around as a friend because he thinks that you'll keep on being his booty call.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
He keeps hooling up with you because you let him, and apparently his intention is to keep doing that until he finds someone he'd rather be with in the long run.

Hate to say it, but he wants you around as a friend because he thinks that you'll keep on being his booty call.
The thing is, he was really clear that he DOESN'T want sex at all from me, but that he wants to keep hanging out as "just friends". Do you think he's just saying that and if I hang out with him again, he'll try to put the moves on me?

Old 12-04-2011, 11:56 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineFlower View Post
The thing is, he was really clear that he DOESN'T want sex at all from me, but that he wants to keep hanging out as "just friends". Do you think he's just saying that and if I hang out with him again, he'll try to put the moves on me?

If he honestly wanted to be just friends, he would have been a gentleman and stopped himself before he got carried away instead of trying to get you to mess around and then calling the next day. Hence the "I feel connected to you blahblahblah blahblah but I'm not ready for anything like that yet blahblahblah."

Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
If he honestly wanted to be just friends, he would have been a gentleman and stopped himself before he got carried away instead of trying to get you to mess around and then calling the next day. Hence the "I feel connected to you blahblahblah blahblah but I'm not ready for anything like that yet blahblahblah."
lol the funny thing is, I would be SO DOWN to have him only as a booty call. I'm not ready for a full-on relationship. I thought the booty call relationship was where we were headed, but he totally threw me for a loop when he told me he wanted to be just friends.

I guess what I really want from this guy is for him just to be consistent, to not say one thing and then change his mind the next day.

I would love to have the "can't we just have a F-Buddy relationship?" chat with him, but since he made it clear that he doesn't want anything sexual, I'm afraid he'll think I'm trying to pressure him into something.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:04 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
I wouldn't get back together with an ex, unless maybe we just broke up because one of was moving. There's usually a reason the girl is an ex so I feel like it's best to move on.

Actions speak louder than words. If he actually wants to be friends he'll have to treat you like one, but it just sounds like he's playing hard to get.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I wouldn't get back together with an ex, unless maybe we just broke up because one of was moving. There's usually a reason the girl is an ex so I feel like it's best to move on.

Actions speak louder than words. If he actually wants to be friends he'll have to treat you like one, but it just sounds like he's playing hard to get.
so, honest question here, what IS the benefit of "playing hard to get" because I totally don't get it.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
so, honest question here, what IS the benefit of "playing hard to get" because I totally don't get it.
Makes you think there's something else going on in his life that won't allow him enough time/emotional availability/whatever. A lot of people find it more attractive than those who constantly contact them and tell them how badly they want to be with them.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:43 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Old bf from high school pops into my life and occasionally we hook up and then he disappears, leaving me really confused. However, he popped in again saying THIS time would be different (he had never said that before) but the next day, he tells me he still really wants me in his life, but just as friends. I don't get it. If he just wants me just as a friend, why does he keep hooking up with me?

Should I give him another chance? I'm a little scared to, I don't want to get hurt again.

Oh come on!!! Are you serious???

You have to realize he is using you for sex and only sex.

Sometimes I wonder how some women have this fly right over their heads.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
lol the funny thing is, I would be SO DOWN to have him only as a booty call. I'm not ready for a full-on relationship. I thought the booty call relationship was where we were headed, but he totally threw me for a loop when he told me he wanted to be just friends.

I guess what I really want from this guy is for him just to be consistent, to not say one thing and then change his mind the next day.

I would love to have the "can't we just have a F-Buddy relationship?" chat with him, but since he made it clear that he doesn't want anything sexual, I'm afraid he'll think I'm trying to pressure him into something.
Wait! WHAT?!

What in the... ??? I don't get it!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships