Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:54 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,367,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Neither do I. If I were looking for another woman, I'd become a lesbian.
lmfao..something is definitely not right with you Sierra...too funny

Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 AM

10,182 posts, read 20,819,219 times
Women's lib when taken to the extreme was about gender roles, but for most women it was just about equality and having equal rights. A majority of women out there aren't looking to emasculate you or burn their bras and start any gender wars.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 AM

127 posts, read 200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
And women generally still do 80 percent of the childcare, so your point would be? .
Hmmmm..... statistics before making the statement would be nice...............

I'm not saying it's wrong, but I've also seen many sources in the past claim that this is not true.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM

79 posts, read 71,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm not surprised, but it still makes me shake my head when this comes up. You guys emasculate yourselves when you continue to whine about this stuff.

Don't take out the trash. Don't pay for the first date. Don't do anything you don't want to do, period. Men also have the option to ignore gender roles. They do it every day. Get over it.

Really, womens lib? It's a free country. You "men" need to stop playing the victim to us big bad women. If you're a wuss, it's because you choose to be. Plain and simple.
Your somewhat rude comment just proves my point more. As a man I should "man up" and stop whining.

I know its a free country and men don't have to do anything they don't want. I'm just pointing out the fact that women are not criticized for ignoring gender roles, but men are heavily criticized when they do.

As you have proven.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,292,801 times
Quote:
And women generally still do 80 percent of the childcare, so your point would be?
The point would be that when a woman complains about this, she is not ridiculed. Yet, women talk about teaching/telling men to clean up and everybody cheers. There is a thread this week where some women even said they should train men just like someone trains A DOG, yet, no woman said a thing against it. Have a man talk about how he told his woman to contribute to expenses and he’ll have fingers pointed at him.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,314,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crisp View Post
If a man or woman WANTS to take on traditional gender roles that is fine. What I'm talking about is men are criticized for not doing it while women are not.

So when a man decides he doesn't want to take on the male gender roles.. the majority of women are turned off by it.

BAHAHAHA you are kidding me right? WE love when guys do stuff not defined by gender roles. I don't know what kind of women you hang around but i have never heard any girl complain about that. Usually the men moaning about womens lib i find are ones stuck in the 1950's.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,274,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
..something is definitely not right with you Sierra...
Tell me something I don't know! Eh, at least you don't say straight out I'm of the devil...

Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,314,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The point would be that when a woman complains about this, she is not ridiculed. Yet, women talk about teaching/telling men to clean up and everybody cheers. There is a thread this week where some women even said they should train men just like someone trains A DOG, yet, no woman said a thing against it. Have a man talk about how he told his woman to contribute to expenses and he’ll have fingers pointed at him.

Why would someone be ridiculed for complaining they put in more into the relationship? And i think that if any people are living together they should both be expected to contribute to expenses.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm not surprised, but it still makes me shake my head when this comes up. You guys emasculate yourselves when you continue to whine about this stuff.

Really, womens lib? It's a free country. You "men" need to stop playing the victim to us big bad women. If you're a wuss, it's because you choose to be. Plain and simple.
It's about having your voice heard (part of living in a free country)

I understand why you may be upset - and thus interpret it as "whining" - but men have voices too! We just want a more accountable society, no harm done

Old 12-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crisp View Post
Your somewhat rude comment just proves my point more. As a man I should "man up" and stop whining.

I know its a free country and men don't have to do anything they don't want. I'm just pointing out the fact that women are not criticized for ignoring gender roles, but men are heavily criticized when they do.

As you have proven.
Good point, Mr. Crisp! You tell her that it's alright, after all, to voice what you believe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships