Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 04:34 AM

51 posts, read 77,185 times

Advertisements

I see quite a lot how women proclaim how little they "need" men, that they could take it or leave it basicly in regards to having a relationship with a man. It seems alot of women feel the need to proclaim how little they care about men nowadays

I'm a man, I don't "need" a woman. But I still want a relationship with a woman very much, that's like a major thing that I wouldn't want to miss out on having.

Women would you just go "eh I couldn't care less" if you never had a relationship with a man? Or do you actually want a relationship just as much as we men do?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 AM

663 posts, read 1,081,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by defoe;
I see quite a lot how women proclaim how little they "need" men, that they could take it or leave it basicly in regards to having a relationship with a man. It seems alot of women feel the need to proclaim how little they care about men nowadays

I'm a man, I don't "need" a woman. But I still want a relationship with a woman very much, that's like a major thing that I wouldn't want to miss out on having.

Women would you just go "eh I couldn't care less" if you never had a relationship with a man? Or do you actually want a relationship just as much as we men do?
I want the relationship with the man I've been married to for the past 17 years. If we were to divorce or something happened to him, I can't see myself being interested in getting involved again. I have been married twice, my kids are grown, and frankly, relationships are a lot of work. The idea of starting over in another one sounds exhausting. I definitely don't need a relationship but want the one I'm in. For me, it's not anything to do with caring about men or not, it just sounds like a lot of work and all the variables......ugh. Potential new in-laws, step kids who may not like the new person, baggage with exes. No thanks.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:13 AM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,425 times
Maybe both women and men are interested in partnerships vice nagging relationships.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:14 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Most people in general want relationships.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:29 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
3 husbands, one divorce, 2 died. I am done with it, taking care of a man is no longer in my future.

My grandmother always said "A man retires, a woman never does, she still cooks, cleans, does his laundry, and then in the final years of his life, she caretakes him."

Living in Florida, actually that is what I see...I'll pass, not for me.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:29 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
I want the relationship with the man I've been married to for the past 17 years. If we were to divorce or something happened to him, I can't see myself being interested in getting involved again. I have been married twice, my kids are grown, and frankly, relationships are a lot of work. The idea of starting over in another one sounds exhausting. I definitely don't need a relationship but want the one I'm in. For me, it's not anything to do with caring about men or not, it just sounds like a lot of work and all the variables......ugh. Potential new in-laws, step kids who may not like the new person, baggage with exes. No thanks.
That's because we let society define for us what a relationship is. If we define it for ourselves, it can be and transform into anything we want and need.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
What would make you think that when women say they dont "need" a man, that statement means anything different than when you say you dont "need" a woman?

I think most younger people, like lucidkitty said, want a relationship. And as pure stated, some that have already spent most of their life in one or more relationships and are older probably not so much.
I could take it or leave it. Of course I dont need a man, but after two divorces, grown kids and grandkids, being in another long term, intimate relationship just isnt a priority. Most women I know feel the same. After spending most of their life taking care of kids and a husband they are ready for their time to be their own.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:36 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
That's because we let society define for us what a relationship is. If we define it for ourselves, it can be and transform into anything we want and need.
Because we are society. You can not be part of it and define and transform outside forces. We can define what we will accept but that can easily mean we must remain alone.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 AM

51 posts, read 77,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What would make you think that when women say they dont "need" a man, that statement means anything different than when you say you dont "need" a woman?
Because women feel the need to state that much more often than men. I see it alot, women stating how little they would care about being in a relationship with a man, how unimportant relationships with men are.

It's a given that nobody actually "needs" anybody, we all already know that so why do women need to constantly bang it in to our heads how little they "need" us? I don't see men acting that way about women.

Infact most men happily talk about how much they want a woman. The complete opposite of how women act.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:59 AM

663 posts, read 1,081,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by defoe;
Because women feel the need to state that much more often than men. I see it alot, women stating how little they would care about being in a relationship with a man, how unimportant relationships with men are.

It's a given that nobody actually "needs" anybody, we all already know that so why do women need to constantly bang it in to our heads how little they "need" us? I don't see men acting that way about women.

Infact most men happily talk about how much they want a woman. The complete opposite of how women act.
What women feel the need to state that? I don't know any who do that. I don't feel the need to constantly (or ever) bang anything into anyone's head. I think there is some generalizing going on here. Everyone's different and every relationship is different. I've known people of both genders who either want or don't want a relationship. Some people are on the fence.

If you're with someone who feels the need to constantly bang things into your head, it sounds like more of a matter of you picked the wrong person to be with....not that "all women.....and most men......"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.