Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:10 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,984,238 times

Advertisements

We all want companionship.

'Want' being the key word.

However, an exclusive relationship can be daunting over time.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:25 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,228,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
We all want companionship.

'Want' being the key word.

However, an exclusive relationship can be daunting over time.
Agreed. Since women are more likely to have emotionally intimate relationships with friends that can result in companionship the need for a relationship with a man may not be forefront and center as it is with men in general, especially as we grow older.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,325,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by defoe View Post
Because women feel the need to state that much more often than men. I see it alot, women stating how little they would care about being in a relationship with a man, how unimportant relationships with men are.

It's a given that nobody actually "needs" anybody, we all already know that so why do women need to constantly bang it in to our heads how little they "need" us? I don't see men acting that way about women.

Infact most men happily talk about how much they want a woman. The complete opposite of how women act.
I don't hear this and I'm around lots of women.
Perhaps it's you?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:41 AM

79 posts, read 71,064 times
I mostly hear women say "I don't need a man" on TV. Its rare I hear women say this in person. However, I HAVE heard them say it.

Ironically.. the women who say that the most are often the most desperate. Its like a defense mechanism.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 AM

845 posts, read 1,351,981 times
I know for a fact that I would love to have a relationship with a woman, heck I wrote about one specific woman that I keep in my wallet.

I know I'm ready for a relationship, I just can't stand being alone anymore. However, this is coming from a guy. Are women that much different when it comes down to the same feelings?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:54 AM

51 posts, read 77,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
I know for a fact that I would love to have a relationship with a woman, heck I wrote about one specific woman that I keep in my wallet.

I know I'm ready for a relationship, I just can't stand being alone anymore. However, this is coming from a guy. Are women that much different when it comes down to the same feelings?
Maybe so

I don't think a woman would ever think "I would love to have a relationship with that man" or say "I can't stand being alone anymore"

But as a previous poster said that women are more likely to have emotionally intimate relationships with other women they don't have as big of a desire to have a relationship with a man.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:07 AM

36,690 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Because women feel the need to state that much more often than men. I see it alot, women stating how little they would care about being in a relationship with a man, how unimportant relationships with men are.

It's a given that nobody actually "needs" anybody, we all already know that so why do women need to constantly bang it in to our heads how little they "need" us? I don't see men acting that way about women.

Infact most men happily talk about how much they want a woman. The complete opposite of how women act.
If your hearing many woman verbally express that they dont need a man, its because men are constantly trying to convince them how much they do need a man.
Apparently many men want to believe that women don’t have jobs, don’t make enough money to support themselves or their jobs just don’t count. The belief that women cant pay for their own meals, own their own homes or cars, drive themselves, make logical decisions, have and raise children on their own, be alone, do anything physical or even kill bugs without a man. So apparently it isn’t evident that nobody actually “needs” anybody.

Interesting you said women state how they don’t care about being in a relationship and men happily talk about wanting a woman.

I hear women happily talk about wanting a man.
I don’t hear men state how they want a relationship with a woman

Have you read all the post about single mothers and how “they are ok for pump and dump” but no real man wants to be in a relationship with them. How cougars are ok for a screw or two, but no younger would actually want a relationship with them. How about all the never get married post, because you will have to support her (see above) and then she will take all your stuff? Just wondering.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,003,701 times
Quote:
I see quite a lot how women proclaim how little they "need" men, that they could take it or leave it basicly in regards to having a relationship with a man. It seems alot of women feel the need to proclaim how little they care about men nowadays

I'm a man, I don't "need" a woman. But I still want a relationship with a woman very much, that's like a major thing that I wouldn't want to miss out on having.

Women would you just go "eh I couldn't care less" if you never had a relationship with a man? Or do you actually want a relationship just as much as we men do?
I don't have any idea how many times I've heard of a bride, on her wedding day, commenting that the groom isn't that good looking and she wasn't really in love with him... BUT HE'S GOT MONEY!!!

Seems like most women do not see it that way, but those that think that way are prostitutes, with one John, protected by marriage. She's selling him her body, and even having his kids, in exchange for his money.

One of the poorest excuses for a relationship, but women do it all the time.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:50 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,001,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
I don't have any idea how many times I've heard of a bride, on her wedding day, commenting that the groom isn't that good looking and she wasn't really in love with him... BUT HE'S GOT MONEY!!!

Seems like most women do not see it that way, but those that think that way are prostitutes, with one John, protected by marriage. She's selling him her body, and even having his kids, in exchange for his money.

One of the poorest excuses for a relationship, but women do it all the time.
How many men get married because they think they will get sex in any way, at any time, that they want it. They want a full time prostitute and house cleaner without paying for it, no?

Now, not all men think this way and I just hope that those that do wind up with the little beauties that take them for big bucks, don't you?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,001,309 times
I think, during those years when her sex drive is strong, unless she is gay, most women DO need a man - but, other than that, all a female's need for bonding can usually be happily satisfied by her women friends.

That's why, I think, for a marriage to work these days, it has to be a good relationship over and above the sexual element and some people, unfortunately, cannot see beyond that.

This is one(and only one)ff many reasons why, crazy as it sounds, arranged marriages do not end as frequently as o modern marriages where the couple marry for 'love'. Arrangers look for similarities in class, culture, education, earning power, etc. So, if the sexual part wanes(and it does - goes and comes over time) there is a basis there for a good relationship and mutual respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships