Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 AM

220 posts, read 376,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
My heart is broken that you don't like my responses. Hear the violins play.
Once we have universal health care, fine. Until then your kids are not precious or more deserving of anything, no matter how you feel.

We could get along as soon as the childfree aren't viewed as broken or made to bear the financial brunt of your choice to breed.
MOd cut: Personal attack.

Is it not okay for other people to not see the world as you do?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-26-2011 at 09:26 AM..

Old 12-26-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
There are many women who choose to be childfree. There are childfree groups in some areas and we do exist.
My ex and I met in the 70s, were both sterilized (at a great pain in the neck process for me). You can find them.
I suppose it depends on how you define "many."

Old 12-26-2011, 08:38 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBanson View Post
Mod cut.

Is it not okay for other people to not see the world as you do?
That goes both ways.
How about the comment about there only being a few women who don't want kids and then putting down the ones on this thread who don't.

Hmmmm?

It's better to know that you don't want kids before you have them, then abuse, neglect, murder, etc. them.
Many people do that, too.

Mod cut: Personal attack.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-26-2011 at 09:28 AM..

Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
That goes both ways.
How about the comment about there only being a few women who don't want kids and then putting down the ones on this thread who don't.

Hmmmm?
Wow. I stated a fact. I was simply telling the OP that there aren't many women (a statement I'll continue to stand behind) who straight-up don't ever want to have children. I'm not making a judgment. I'm stating a fact.

You, on the other hand, call people with children "breeders." And that's one of the lesser-offensive things you have said.

Your words are self-condemning.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Wow. I stated a fact. I was simply telling the OP that there aren't many women (a statement I'll continue to stand behind) who straight-up don't ever want to have children. I'm not making a judgment. I'm stating a fact.

You, on the other hand, call people with children "breeders." And that's one of the lesser-offensive things you have said.

Your words are self-condemning.
Again, I stated a fact. I suggest that you look up the definition of breeder or "to breed".
I'm stating a fact. People are simply animals, and we do the same things that animals do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
So glad you have chosen or may be nature did that for you...nevertheless, thank goodness that you are not going to reproduce. *Phew!!!
Yes, I know my limitations.
Many parents can't say the same thing. And they can't take it back once they have kids.

Awwww, so sorry you can't resist, after making the comment that you would not post in this thread (twice so far). I must be pushing some of your buttons.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
No, you're being nasty, and you know it. Calling parents "breeders" is a derogatory term, and you know it. It's like calling black people ni**ers. You know it, and so does everyone who reads your nasty rants.

Also, using the term "breeders" is only part of your nastiness. Should we continue?
Do whatever you like.
Just as you state, it's a fact.
Period.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Mod cut: Personal attack. I have nothing to be concerned or worried about..i'm blessed with a healthy child, a beautiful wife, we both have very good jobs...no debt to speak of and still relatively young. There is nothing about your position or life that is appealing to me. As i mentioned previously, educate yourself on how the system works before opening your mouth in public. Mod cut. Ditto.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-26-2011 at 11:04 AM..

Old 12-26-2011, 09:26 AM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Yeah, could be. I don't know her, and from the snarky comments she makes here, I think I prefer it that way.
This subject has come up millions of times, and you always get the fringe elements on both side chiming in.

You get the types that call parents "breeders" and then you get the other end, people who think something is wrong with you and pity you for not having children, etc etc

I think actually most people are in the middle, with a "to each their own attitude." I know that's where I sit.

I don't have kids, but I harbor no ill will either way.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:31 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This subject has come up millions of times, and you always get the fringe elements on both side chiming in.

You get the types that call parents "breeders" and then you get the other end, people who think something is wrong with you and pity you for not having children, etc etc

I think actually most people are in the middle, with a "to each their own attitude." I know that's where I sit.

I don't have kids, but I harbor no ill will either way.
Thanks for injecting more sense into this thread. There is absolutely nothing wrong with folks not having children. In most cases its a personal decision and of course any person with common sense will respect that...the issue arises when these know-it-alls *NOT* start attacking people on the opposite side of their situation. I mean how pathetic is that? Anyway, like you said, to each his or her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships