Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 05:43 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,423,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Maybe just go anyway? who knows, maybe you'll have a good time?
I will go, I'm not one to bail just cause I don't feel like it and just in case I do have a good time anyways. so we'll see. I'm just not excited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 05:44 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,216,163 times
Have you done anything for your own enjoyment lately? Maybe that'd put a little vigor back into ya. Spa day, a drive, whatever makes you happy.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Have you done anything for your own enjoyment lately? Maybe that'd put a little vigor back into ya. Spa day, a drive, whatever makes you happy.
I try but I'm a little broke. I see some friends but most of them are too wrapped up in their lives to hang out with me. the only vigorous thing I have right now is dancing but that's only once a week. I'm doing what I can.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,216,163 times
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. If there was a way for me to buy you a drink over the 'net... lol.
Good luck.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:18 PM

527 posts, read 1,234,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I don't like being asked to "hang out" or go on a date via text. it shows laziness to me. and lazy=lack of interest. Maybe its my insecurity coming out cause most men I meet pretend they like me just to string me along cause they think they're gonna get some and then they bail..and the major texters are the biggest offenders of this. I don't mind texting for quick things..but when it replaces real communication, that bothers me.
Interesting. To me text is just another form of communication and I don't associate it with a certain attitude. Anyways, it's interesting to hear another viewpoint

Old 01-15-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
Interesting. To me text is just another form of communication and I don't associate it with a certain attitude. Anyways, it's interesting to hear another viewpoint
ya..I think its very informal. texting is for buddies. I text my friends..but even that is very minor information. we call each other for most things.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:46 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,039,713 times
Quote:
I know and I put up with the texting but due to my past experiences, I don't trust men who only text. texting here and there, but mostly calling me, doesn't really bother me
I'm a different guy I guess. I know I have my urges and yes I totally wanted to rip her clothes off and do the nasty, hell we watched the movies in my bed. She said no sex, and I put my urges in check and was the good guy, like I always am.

It took a ton of restraint, but it can be done.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm a different guy I guess. I know I have my urges and yes I totally wanted to rip her clothes off and do the nasty, hell we watched the movies in my bed. She said no sex, and I put my urges in check and was the good guy, like I always am.

It took a ton of restraint, but it can be done.
ha, I believe you. but taht's the thing..I can't control myself so I don't put myself in situations where I'm not ready to lose control. which is why I don't go over to some guys house in the evening to watch a movie. I mean if I'm just snuggling up to the guy then I can keep myself in check but next thing you know, he kisses me and then that's when its all over so I don't even bother putting myself in that situation until I'm ready.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,039,713 times
Quote:
ha, I believe you. but taht's the thing..I can't control myself so I don't put myself in situations where I'm not ready to lose control. which is why I don't go over to some guys house in the evening to watch a movie. I mean if I'm just snuggling up to the guy then I can keep myself in check but next thing you know, he kisses me and then that's when its all over so I don't even bother putting myself in that situation until I'm ready.
And that's a good way to be if you know yourself well enough to stop yourself.

I've got a pretty strong will, So I know if I can't do something, I can restrain myself..most of the time. LOL

Old 01-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
And that's a good way to be if you know yourself well enough to stop yourself.

I've got a pretty strong will, So I know if I can't do something, I can restrain myself..most of the time. LOL
ya I used to try to tell myself that I can control myself but I can't. ha, oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships