Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,426,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
They could also be playing the online version of "hard to get", even though that would be pretty stupid too.

IDK. I'm still not entirely sure how the online thing works, some of these sites just absolutely suck. lol.
hard to get?? taht's so stupid! lol oiy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,219,297 times
Hey, people do really dumb things.

Of course, we could be overanalyzing and they could just be really busy

Old 01-10-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Hey, people do really dumb things.

Of course, we could be overanalyzing and they could just be really busy
they could be busy, but I"m talking about the ones who clearly have been logging on consistently.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:42 PM

Does Match show you the last time they've been on?
On a related note: four women have sent me chat requests (or whatever they are) and have yet to actually log in. I think I am experiencing what you're talking about. lol.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Does Match show you the last time they've been on?
On a related note: four women have sent me chat requests (or whatever they are) and have yet to actually log in. I think I am experiencing what you're talking about. lol.
yes it does.

How can they IM you if they're not logged in?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 AM

They don't. just get chat requests and "you've been added as a contact!" or something like that. So basically they're sending them right as they log off or something?

Some of this behavior confuses me way more than it would in real life. Harder to gauge interest and intentions over the 'Net.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:

Some of this behavior confuses me way more than it would in real life. Harder to gauge interest and intentions over the 'Net.
exactly! its so annoying. Unfortunately my day to life doesn't put me around eligible men that I would be willing to date. the few that I know that are single, I'm not attracted to. Thus, I have to resort to the lame way of meeting men. I hate that my life has come to this but what can ya do?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 AM

I hear ya.

I'm in sort of the same boat, though it's for different reasons. I have, on several occasions, been completely oblivious of women who were interested in me because I'm not used to being flirted with. In addition, some people don't "get" my humor or interests (dunno what's so hard to understand about those things) and because of that I can come across as either an ass or a total spaz. lol.

Online dating is unfortunately becoming the norm.. while it does help some people, it doesn't replace face-to-face conversation.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 AM

527 posts, read 1,235,008 times
mir, sorry to hear you are having a bad time with match. Hope things look up for you! I'm not having much luck there myself I posted my experience here:

EDIT: Hmm seems like this board has linking disabled. Just look for the thread titled "Match.com - My experience as a guy".

Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 AM

526 posts, read 957,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
so is it the norm for guys to initiate email conversation, you write them back and then you know they've logged in, most likely a few times since you've emailed them back, yet they don't write back again? 3 guys have done that, just in the last week...wtf? I'm just responding to the things they say and ask..nothing rude or weird.

this is getting more and more bizarre and its actually becoming odder than my very brief experience on POF.
I feel ya! That happened to me last week with two guys I emailed back. I was like, WTF? It makes no sense. I reply to my emails every night and they just dissapeared. Very annoying but hey, I am giving Match my last try this year. Something's gotta come out of it before December 31st
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships