Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,202,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
So a guy with kids sent me an email and I ignored him as I do not want to date men with children. I've seen many people (close friends, family members) dealing with the baby-mama drama so I decided a while ago that the best for me would be to stay away from single dads. Well, as I am talking to one of my friends, I mentioned how this guy sent me a nice email but I did not reply to him because he had two kids and she knew my "policy." She tells me that I am 28 and that since I am interested in dating men in their 30's up to 40 years old, I have to face the reality that most men within that age frame will have kids , and then reminded me that I said that in 2012 I'd be more open minded and just have fun dating withouth focusing on looking for something serious.

After my 73-minute phone conversation with her (we talk A LOT), I decided to reply to the guy's email. We exchanged 2-3 emails and then phone numbers. He called me and sked me out on a date and we went out for dinner last night. I had a GREAT time with him. I laughed so hard that time flew by. He was awsome, and called today to ask me out for another date. We are going out on Saturday night and I am very excited about it. He claims he "didn't read that far in my profile" and that he didn't know that I stated "no kids" under my mate preferences, not sure if it's true or if he just decided to email me anyways. I'm not even sure if this would go beyond next Saturday but I am very glad that I decided to step out of my confort zone for once because I had a blast. Last night was great and I am looking forward to seeing him again.

Has any of you ever gone against your "rules or policy" in regards of dating?

Not really, it's too many women online for me to go against my rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 05:43 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,821,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I have learned these sites overwhelmingly favor women for some reason. Maybe more men use them than women, for guys you have to pull out all the stops to find a woman including looking over seas or expatriating somewhere else to meet someone. Usually really poor areas its easier to find women.

If something is not working then you have to do something different.
There is no maybe about it...there is way more men than women on Match, okcupid, and pof. I've actually started to design my own dating site and I'm trying to address a lot of the issues with the current sites. It will be a whole new business model. In regards to poor girls they are great to take out because they usually appreciate things more unlike the spoiled princesses. The problem is they always have kids.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:57 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,430,026 times
Quote:
So a guy with kids sent me an email and I ignored him as I do not want to date men with children. I've seen many people (close friends, family members) dealing with the baby-mama drama so I decided a while ago that the best for me would be to stay away from single dads. Well, as I am talking to one of my friends, I mentioned how this guy sent me a nice email but I did not reply to him because he had two kids and she knew my "policy." She tells me that I am 28 and that since I am interested in dating men in their 30's up to 40 years old, I have to face the reality that most men within that age frame will have kids , and then reminded me that I said that in 2012 I'd be more open minded and just have fun dating withouth focusing on looking for something serious.

After my 73-minute phone conversation with her (we talk A LOT), I decided to reply to the guy's email. We exchanged 2-3 emails and then phone numbers. He called me and sked me out on a date and we went out for dinner last night. I had a GREAT time with him. I laughed so hard that time flew by. He was awsome, and called today to ask me out for another date. We are going out on Saturday night and I am very excited about it. He claims he "didn't read that far in my profile" and that he didn't know that I stated "no kids" under my mate preferences, not sure if it's true or if he just decided to email me anyways. I'm not even sure if this would go beyond next Saturday but I am very glad that I decided to step out of my confort zone for once because I had a blast. Last night was great and I am looking forward to seeing him again.

Has any of you ever gone against your "rules or policy" in regards of dating?
Thats really great that you had such a good time! I have been getting a lot more emails and decided to give the men with kids a shot, most of them only have one anyways. I'm finding it odd that the men that are childless are barely emailing me back (when they initiate) and don't seem interested in getting to know me. The men with the kids are more interested...odd. I'm meeting another guy on Friday and he has a kid. I'm pretty nervous and terrified about the kid thing, but he seems more interesting than the other guys, ironically enough. I'm talking to another guy as well and he also has one kid, he also seems more interesting. so we'll see...not sure why they're the more legit ones.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:06 PM

5,418 posts, read 9,224,550 times
Maybe it's because they're more serious? A guy without kids has all the time in the world to hang out with people, a guy with kids has to juggle responsibilities a bit more and probably try harder to not waste time.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:08 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,914,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Not really, it's too many women online for me to go against my rules
And fudge to your stupid rules, the adherence to which has never and will never further your progress in the world. Try working on the grammar, too. "It's too many woman" makes no sense. If you mean, "there are too many women .." then say so. A far nicer response to DRGirl would be along the lines of, "I'm happy that it seems to be working out for you to go against your 'rules" and hope it works out for you", but God forbid you could even think of offering anyone a positive when negatives and your utter selfishness pervade everything you come up with on these forums. As I'm sure you're noticing, your attitude is very much irking me this evening.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Maybe it's because they're more serious? A guy without kids has all the time in the world to hang out with people, a guy with kids has to juggle responsibilities a bit more and probably try harder to not waste time.
that's what I was thinking. Its kinda frustrating because I'd far prefer childless men, but its not looking like I can avoid that. but hey, if they wind up being the better men, I'll take it.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:10 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,914,090 times
DRGirl and mir86: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of you. Have a great time!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
DRGirl and mir86: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of you. Have a great time!
Thank you! just found out about a once in a lifetime dance opportunity that takes place this weekend, so I might have to postpone...gah..we'll see!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,356,556 times
Quote:
but I am very glad that I decided to step out of my confort zone for once because I had a blast. Last night was great and I am looking forward to seeing him again.
Actually, that's the very unfortunate part because if you like him, you'll slip right into the drama and a unsatisfying relationship. Even if there is no drama per se, if you don't want something, you don't want it. People often makes such concessions for those they like other things about and initially you're blinded, but when you wake up, you'll be deep in the midst of what you never wanted in the first place.

Your original idea was just fine! Short of totally ignoring them that is... You can always say "thanks, but no thanks." You're only 28! You don't have to do that! Protecting yourself from such temptation was exactly the right thing to do. Mark my words! If you go down this path, one day you'll remember them.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:20 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,821,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
that's what I was thinking. Its kinda frustrating because I'd far prefer childless men, but its not looking like I can avoid that. but hey, if they wind up being the better men, I'll take it.
Aren't you fairly young still? I would not settle if I were you...I'm 35 and have no kids so we're out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships